Jump to content

Jp606

Members
  • Posts

    1,237
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jp606

  1. ^ All depends on the local police. They also vary at what speed you can 'get away' with over the limit, Sussex Police is 10% + 3mph over before they can enforce anything.
  2. Course is around £85 depending on where you live. You won't get any points or a fine just the fee for a course. The idea is that you do the course and it will have no effect on your insurance, you don't have to declare it. (Although some insurers cheekily ask and will put your premium up if you tell them) You can only do the course once in a three year period and you only qualify if you didn't exceed a upper limit which can also vary where you live. For example with Sussex Police, if caught in a 60mph zone going up to 75mph then you can do the course, anything over then it's points/ban if massively exceeded. Only know all this as I was caught at 75 in a 60 last year
  3. People's reactions are funny, it does give you a good feeling though knowing you are driving something that turns heads the way it does. Always getting comments at petrol stations, car parks and thumbs up when driving etc, I guess it's a mixture of rarity/looks/noise
  4. Looks like a really good box this month, going to use a few products today
  5. I'm really tempted by ARB upgrades, but fear her being too stiff and somewhat skittish, no problems at all? I like the OEM ride, but I don't like the degree of roll permitted. How does it behave near the edge, is breakaway still progressive or much less forgiving? Sorry for the late reply, only just saw this. It won't make the drive any more stiff like stiffer springs do, it just tightens up body roll in cornering, rides like OEM otherwise and then when you want to push the car they allow a much better drive. The beauty of the Eibach ARBs is that they are adjustable, medium suits me fine for fast road and normal driving. You can switch them to fully stiff if you are going on the track. The rear can be a bit more lively as obviously it is tighter so they will take a little getting used to if you like to 'drive' your car, but it is more predictable now I've found (although this could just be from experience) Turn in improves, steering is very precise and understeer is pretty much non existent with them set to medium.
  6. Other way round.
  7. Note HFCs will add a rasp which you may or may not like. For the best gains then HFCs or decats plus cat back exhaust and panel filters, as said above. You will need an UpRev remap to take advantage of any breathing mods. Yet to hear any negative response about an UpRev, everyone that's had one loves it. Mine goes in next week, can't wait!
  8. Autobrite Jaffa + wire brush and tooth brush. Worked really really well, bay actually looks brand new after using it. I keep it dressed with Poorboys Dressing every so often. Hasn't needed a rewash yet and probably won't until next year.
  9. Had a flash, thumbs up and a (attempted) blast with a GTR a couple of weeks ago. Have been flashed by GTRs before which is cool
  10. This morning at 6:15 am, looked lovely, I was in the work van so didn't flash.
  11. Jp606

    Rim Pics!

    Cheers guys
  12. Sounds like you need a new mechanic
  13. Got to be the Eibach ARBs I think, made such a positive difference. Exhaust is a close second. Going for an UpRev next week so that could top it all.
  14. Jp606

    Rim Pics!

    These are so nice What size are they? And tyre size?
  15. Jp606

    Love Hate

    Hate the lack of accelerator foot rest when using cruise control and also the headlight washers as above, my car is rarely dirty as I'm such a clean freak and hate the mess it leaves behind! Love everything else, can't really fault the way it drives or the power of it and the positive comments/attention it gets
  16. That is the Art Automotive Z. http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/85283-art-x-automek-370z-project/
  17. Jp606

    washer bottle

  18. Wow, that's cool, just when I thought I'd seen it all! Welcome
  19. I wonder if you could mod/get something similar to those BlackVue Power Magic things for their dash cams, they basically deactivate it if the battery voltage runs too low to stop you draining your battery when the car is sat for a while. http://www.blackvue.co.uk/index.php/online-shop/blackvue-accessories/power-magic-detail
  20. Doh! This would make me so angry if someone did that to me. It looks like a lot of that damage is paint transfer, does any of it come off? When I first got my Z I parked up the drive at my girlfriends house and needed to move her Mothers car out the way and ended up reversing against my own bloody car in it! Luckily it polished out, it looked a hell of a lot worse than it was, but I was so annoyed with myself at the time.
  21. Nice, looks good and the wheel colour really suits it Definitely the fastest colour for Zs and you've also got the coolest name
  22. Awesome, will do haha it's a very unique car, hardly see any around so not surprised at that reaction!
  23. Haha that's great. What colour was it? I saw a black '08 near copthorne the other evening giving it a bit too many beans as well. You must be very local to me, would love to see the Mustang in the flesh. I'll give you a wave if I see you
  24. Looking good I always find a bit of Plus Gas Releasing Fluid helps on seized nuts and bolts, touch wood I haven't had one snap or get stuck yet using this it really does work. Make sure you have a geometry set up for the new springs, my alignment was massively out after fitting.
×
×
  • Create New...