Jump to content

Jp606

Members
  • Posts

    1,237
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jp606

  1. Absolutely, it gets washed every weekend without fail before I park it up for the week (including in the rain). It had to be nice a clean when I get in it for the weekends
  2. Jp606

    few questions

    First one sounds like a bad wheel bearing, last one is normal, but a gearbox oil change and adding Molyslip really improves this. If you are handy with a spanner it's extremely easy to do yourself.
  3. That's a lot.. Should be 4.9L with an oil and filter change on a HR. A complete engine overhaul is 5.5L but there's no way you'd have got that all out.
  4. They are all like that to some degree, just park in gear. I don't ever use my handbrake and just park in gear, but for some reason yesterday it didn't go into gear properly, and rolled back to me when I opened the boot good job I had something in the boot to get out as I would have just walked off and come back to the car crashed on the other side of the car park...
  5. Was going to ask the same question. The ARBs have made a massive difference for me already so these braces should improve them further, very tempting Where did you get them from?
  6. Used to, now it's weekends only as I use the work van in the week, which is great as I was piling the miles on the Z. I don't tend to take it out if it's really bad weather either, as I hate it being dirty.
  7. Jp606

    My new......

    Nice, the wheels look good on that.
  8. Haha that's great! I've got a photo somewhere of me pulling my Grandma out of my Z when I picked her up in it once, she struggled getting out of it on her own.
  9. I've nearly had mine a year now and still get that feeling every time I drive her, it always feels like an event. I don't think that feeling will wear off Springs, ARBs and exhaust are a must IMO, completely transforms the car.
  10. Lovely How do you compare it to the M3? You've come to the wrong place if you don't want to spend money, this forum is bad on the wallet!!
  11. Buy some 'Z' ones of Asad on here, they look great http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/81830-new-350z-z-logo-centre-caps-for-rays-18-alloy-wheels/#entry1220251 You can remove the Z and spray them.
  12. Jp606

    Stubby ariel

    Reduces signal slightly
  13. Well I tried today, twice.. And I can't do it. It's more difficult than it looks! Can anyone recommend someone in Sussex to wrap this for me?
  14. Autosol and a microfibre works brilliantly, it removes tar too. I tend to do mine with my weekly wash and it stays really shiny. I've always done it this way since my exhaust was fitted so it doesn't get enough time to build up with marks.
  15. They must be the only insurer that charge extra for a SAC, one of the benefits of the course is that you don't have to tell insurers normally.
  16. Z went in for it's alignment at Abbey Motorsport last week, set up using their brand new Hunter Hawkeye laser system. Rear was all over the place, front was slightly out however the camber is still slightly out of OEM specs (very very small amount) so I need to look at getting some SuperPro adjustable compression arm bushes to give some adjustability there. Surprised at the difference after the alignment actually, I know Abbey slightly tweak OEM settings to give the best handling for the car and combined with my handling mods it corners really nicely. Big thumbs up to Scott from Abbey for picking the car up for me again and taking it in Done some styling mods today, new chrome Z front and rear badges, Z wheel centre caps and a Zunsport mesh grill. Before: After: Rear and wheels: All badges came from Asad on here http://www.350z-uk.c...350z-z-emblems/ and grill from CS. I attempted wrapping the lower lip in matt black and it was a disaster, looks a lot easier than it is! Need to get someone to professionally wrap it for me.
  17. I've got one on mine where I rest my elbow when I drive.
  18. Did they use genuine Nissan oil?
  19. You may also need front correction too, my Teins have made one side just within and one very very slightly out in terms of camber, so need to fit adjustable compression arm bushes.
  20. You won't really notice a different look, but you will notice the eaten tyres. It's important that you get adjustable rear camber arms if you are fitting Eibachs or similar drop springs to bring it back into stock camber. You can get away without them if you fit Tein springs as they don't drop as much.
  21. Nice, those wheels are gorgeous, the colour suits GM really well.
  22. Like for like will probably be a VXR or E36 M3.
  23. Same filters used on Micras.
  24. Panel filters give the best gain, some Zs benefit from a modified/upgraded air box depending on which model you have.
  25. Will need an UpRev remap to get gains from any mods, do all breathing mods first then get it mapped. So filters, HFCs/decats, y pipe and mid pipe and backbox. Looking at anything from 10-30bhp gain with all of this. You won't get any gains without a remap, as above the ECU will adapt to anything you add.
×
×
  • Create New...