Jump to content

Jp606

Members
  • Posts

    1,237
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jp606

  1. I've had high 30s on a long motorway cruise before, easily achievable with cruise control.
  2. Jp606

    NEW BOOTS

    Maybe he bought some old stock.
  3. Jp606

    NEW BOOTS

    I thought T1Rs were discontinued a couple of years ago? Replaced with the T1 Sport (which is an awesome tyre might I add!)
  4. Love my cobra. Did you go for Y-pipe too?
  5. Why is this thread still going.
  6. I think I've got a cold start vid of mine somewhere, I'll have a look.
  7. It is subtle, I do have to be careful with which routes I take as it catches on some speed bumps so I wouldn't want to be any lower and I want a front lip at some point which will reduce ground clearance even more. Ride is slightly firmer than OEM, still very comfortable. I think non-res is a bit louder but the tone is different.
  8. Yes, got some better pics I took the other day for Payco actually, he is also on 19" looking for a drop. Side on: Arches: Front clearance: Yes still love the exhaust! It is loud enough for me, however I do want to add decats or HFCs for the best gains when I remap, but without changing the sound too much which I think will be difficult. Mine is resonated though, so the non-res will be a different sound.
  9. I used a load of self tappers and washers in mine as most of the bolts snapped or are seized, I'll eventually get a Zspeed aluminium undertray to replace it. Jacking the front, use the central jacking point, just behind the tray and for the rear jack on the diff. I put axle stands where the boot jacking points are on the pinch welds.
  10. Looking good. What are your plans for it? Definitely the fastest colour and engined Z
  11. Really good products this time round, more usable stuff than before IMO. Blind text wheel wax was very easy to apply and remove, shine looks good just need to test the durability and beading. Carbon Collective Lusso Shampoo seemed pretty good, gave a nice shine to paintwork like described due to the wax polymers in the ingredients. Lubey enough to remove winter muck from the car ok. 50Cal glass cleaner did exactly as described on the bottle, cleans glass and is streak free. Found it as good if not better than he G Techiq stuff featured a few boxes back. The Imperial Wax tar and glue remover did a very good job. I used it on my exhaust tips that had gathered some tar over the past couple of months. Spray it on and it clings really well and nicely loosened off the bits of tar ready to be washed off. Yet to use the fabric cleaner and Chemical Guys Vintage Speed Wipe, I use the normal Speed Wipe regularly so will be interested to see how it compares.
  12. Better pic here which I took today for Payco
  13. I find 'solid' wax to be the most durable, which I keep topped up with a spray on sealant every so often. Paired with a decent shampoo the paintwork will keep the wet look after every wash and bead for months. Hellshine Eliminator polish/paintwork cleanser and Dodo Juice Supernatural wax are my products of choice. The Eliminator is really powerful applied by hand, never used anything that comes close to the performance of it. I'd recommend using a tar remover (like Autosmart Tardis) and Iron X to remove as much contaminants as possible before claying.
  14. Leave it and worry about it when it starts to go, it has probably been changed at some point in the past. Although it won't last long if you pull away in third..
  15. Jp606

    Oil

    Motul 8100 is what a lot of guys use on here, very good oil available from most traders on here.
  16. Did mine on the drive, pretty easy. Hardest part is trying to adjust the drop links so there is no preload on the ARBs, which should be done with the car on the ground, so there isn't a lot of room to work. You need to do this so that when the car is in it's normal position, the drop links easily slide in the hole on the ARB. (Attach and tighten one side first, drop car and settle suspension, then adjust opposite side to easily slide in) Exhaust needs to be detached at the mid pipe and hanger unbolted which will be difficult if yours is in poor condition, mine is only 6 months old so bolts were fine. I've read some people are able to remove the ARB without unbolting the exhaust somehow. It will be fine if you have the correct tools eg axle stands, breaker bar, 6 point sockets, plus gas releasing spray/WD40 if you can't get any, wire brush and a blow torch may be necessary.
  17. Only just got round to trying my APC from Envy. Really good stuff, doesn't burn your throat like some do when you spray them. Can be diluted up to 1:80 for general use which I did (or as best I could!) to wipe over the dash, seats and clean the mats, it has a nice fragrance so is ideal for this. Also used on some exterior bits such as wheel arches and tyres with no problem cleaning at that dilution. Great value for money.
  18. Jp606

    Wheel refurb

    £300-£400 is normal.
  19. Car looks great mate. Love what you've done with the exterior. Where did you get your rear diffuser and front lip from?
  20. Resonated is a lot louder than OEM, non-res will be very noisy. Both drone in the cabin though, but it's easy enough to 'drive around'.
  21. The Cobra is great, I love the sound of mine. Tell me about it, list of mods is long and I keep reading up about supercharging.. The GTM kit which I can install myself at home would be a really fun project. Yep, same as my setup. Not tried hardest all round yet, when I get on a track day I'll adjust them I think, but for day to day use they are perfect at the moment. Really impressed at the lack of body roll!
  22. Dodo Supernatural wax gives a stunning wet look finish on GM that is really durable, I love it.
  23. Go with Eibach, very very good quality stuff. Fitted mine last week and they are so good.
  24. Yeah, tbh I wouldn't want my exhaust any louder than it is, don't mind the tone changing but the volume is bordering on anti social as it is. I know Horsham do silenced decats, but they only fit the DE Zs.
×
×
  • Create New...