Jump to content

AliveBoy

Members
  • Posts

    6,670
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AliveBoy

  1. Applies to both the cyclist and the driver. I have some cars come flying past me whilst a car is coming the other way, literally leaving me a few inches. But also I have seen plenty of cyclist jumping the lights. I think on the spot fines should be introduced for cyclists for breaking such rules. Cycling 2 abreast shouldnt be too much of a problem as drivers should be leaving enough space for riders to cycle side by side. ***Why do you need more than a few inches space? a single cyclist doesn't need 6 feet of cycle room, 3-4 inches of space is plenty. If a cyclist can't go in a straight line they shouldn't be on the road.*** Error in size perception, read below.
  2. And not everyone who cycles owns a house!
  3. In guernsey, your "road tax" is incorporated into the cost of fuel (which is still cheaper than over here by the way!) so that, the more you drive/the less economical your car is the more road tax you pay. I think it's great and most of the roads over there are in a good condition too!
  4. It's amusing, because rota get a lot of stick for making rubbish wheels etc, but what most people don't realise is that they make a huge number of alloys for car manufacturers to brand as their own. They test them stringently and seem on the whole to make decent wheels for a reasonable price.
  5. Didn't know it actually stood for something!
  6. Please excuse the double post. Good question: Any oriental import car that has been modified for no real performance gain. Ricer: An oriental car with no engine mods, a body kit, and possibly stickers. Made to look fast. Not a ricer: An oriental car with a fully built engine, drive train, and suspension regardless of appearance.
  7. At least one is on track, the evo one is on a closed course road rally I think. I bet none of them have bought new wheel nuts just because they are pretty colours, or wanted to paint their door handles red. I wonder if BBK will post a video up when he does something wrong whilst driving or makes a mistake?!
  8. You love watching two people having a head on crash?
  9. AliveBoy

    LOL

    At a grand a wheel I'd never entertained the thought of owning them anyway
  10. My parents live in the channel isles and they have a road tax for bicycles. Each bike has a little sticker on the top of the frame with a unique number on it, they are luminous colours so they can be seen a long way off and each year the sticker changes colour. Every year the (yes, THE) police officer wanders round the island and decides which roads (that word is used very lightly) need the money collected spent on them for repairs.
  11. AliveBoy

    LOL

    Until they hit a curb and smash the wheel dropping the car down onto the chassis rail and the brake disk causing massive damage to a lot of stuff....
  12. AliveBoy

    Advice please

    Just checked and they are 19's this is what they look like for reference though http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAZDA-RX8-R3-19-ALLOY-WHEEL-X-2-VERY-GOOD-CONDITION-RARE-/190875848558?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item2c71164f6e
  13. It's for the alarm. I have bonnet pins, so I can open the bonnet without unlocking the car, when I do so the alarm goes off.
  14. Bit like when people form the uk go to the ring Or the Autobahn. Or in any rental car. Or in the US. Or in Wales?!
  15. AliveBoy

    Advice please

    And be prepared to dodge potholes like a man with bubonic plague trying to french kiss you. Cheap alloys are normally cheap for a reason. There's hundreds of people complaining about rota's and their apparently weak structure (I say apparently as I've not broken any myself) and you'll be looking at £800 for some rota's. If you want different wheels for not too much money, look elsewhere in the brand and at other brands. You can buy OEM wheels for not too much and you know they'll take a hit should anything happen, look at Mazda for some nice wheels, the Rx-8 anniversary edition had some beautiful wheels which you can pick up for about £300 a set, they're light too. Any brand which use a 5x114(.3 if you're being fussy) stud pattern will have a nice set of wheels which you could pick up.
  16. Yeah you should just randomly get a letter from revenue and customs I tried to chase them for one but they said if you are owed anything then they automatically send you the letter so it's not a case of chasing them That was the first one in 3 years! Dunno how they calculate it! They must just make it up You can chase them, you fill out a form which basically says give me my money. It's amazing how the bigger the refund the longer they take to pay it, yet if you owe them £20 for more than a month they'll send round the bailiffs (yes really!)
  17. If you look around at the shirts around London you'd think the London club was Man U!
  18. AliveBoy

    Cargo Net

    Ignore me
  19. I just got a quote of £295 for lug nuts... still tempted. :blink: :blink: But they're soooo sexy! Buy some steel ones, give me a blow torch and I'll make them go rainbow
  20. Bullshit. you failed. Genuine laugh right there!
  21. I just got a quote of £295 for lug nuts... still tempted. :blink: :blink:
  22. You do know they are 2.4x the cost of your average silver or black steel wheel nuts?
  23. and more importantly, the number of Spurs fans doesn't change with the closing of each season. Yeah I have been there through thin and thinner I remember when my dad had to take me to the spurs shop to buy a new shirt as none of the sports shops round us were selling them! I also remember having to pay for names on shirts by the letter, I wanted to get Sheringham but I could only afford to get Fox Ruel fox was a legend but I was Ginola and Lineker fan I remember buying the lineker quaser boots when they came out those were the days Ginola was immense, I tried to grow my hair like him until my brother told me only French men were allowed that style (or lack of!).... Never should have listened to him
×
×
  • Create New...