Jump to content

AliveBoy

Members
  • Posts

    6,670
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AliveBoy

  1. hubcentric spacers should mean you don't need longer studs. What offset are they? and how much gap do you have between the edge of the tyre and the arch?
  2. Piston heads, wheelwhores, SXOC, Some of the mazda forums will probs be useful
  3. Go on a track day and end up in the kitty litter, then you'll know what wheel scratching is like! Personally, I wouldn't even waste the energy in bending down to put nail varnish on it, it's happened, it sucks, oh well. It will happen again, and it will be no more or less annoying. My Fiancée caught my front bumper lip on a curb in a car park once and was in bits about it, she was more than shocked when I came out with "It's fibreglass and paint, it doesn't matter". There's much bigger things going on to worry about.
  4. I remember there was a couple of FORD COSWORTH escort's in Redline magazine once, they were owned by twins and one was registered 80 OST and one was 800 ST (boost) and together they looked near identical! Reason for edit: clarification
  5. I do sell those as well but find they don't really work, you just can't get enough preassure. My home made versions can create plenty of pressure (and therefore boost) but does require a little bit of effort, kind of like human powered NOS. After seeing Wasso's plenum spacers I even started doing them in different colours: Please visit my website for more performance products: www.TheBigBHPCon.co.uk Do you have these in "proper" blue please? Christ I'm not copying another image from google images my website. I think you need to stop now Haydn. You're not registered as a trader on here and you're clearly selling a lot of these now. The rules are here for everyone.
  6. Take it, it's been a month already and although it's 500 less than you wanted it's a good offer.
  7. AliveBoy

    cheap tyres.

    Found that out the other week, it was only a matter of time though as they are part of Walmart and in the states you can buy tyres, an exhaust, a gun, beer and your shreddies at the same time!
  8. NO RESERVE !!! STARTS ONLY FROM £24.95 !!! So yes, there is a reserve then!
  9. AliveBoy

    cheap tyres.

    Not sure about tyre sellers, but airlines have their websites set up so that if you get a price for a flight, go away (they presume to check other prices) then come back, their price is obviously the cheapest, so they bump it up. A clear of the cookies can bring the flight price back down again. I wonder if any car parts dealers do this?
  10. AliveBoy

    tyre sizes??

    If that wheel is expensive, try the Dotz GTR, it's literally IDENTICAL, same font for the GTR on the spoke and everything.
  11. AliveBoy

    cheap tyres.

    There's a few cheaper places, try camskill or tyretraders, on tyretraders you can use the code "mxclub" for a discount too.
  12. Speeding doesnt really bother anyone though, and I dont think I know any car drivers who regularly ignore red lights or 1 way streets .......... The missus rides a horse BTW, and while Im not a great fan at least they usually travel in single file, you might annoy them but youre unlikely to pile into the back of one because youve got nowhere else to go Do you need to be insured in some way to ride a horse on the public highway? Nope, get on and off you go. It isn't even a requirement to wear a skid lid. They advise that you do the "riding and road safety" test, but it's not mandatory and it's pretty rubbish anyway as they never take you on real roads. You are required to have a horse passport though and if you don't have an insurance policy you're an idiot as a seemingly small thing on a horse can add up to several thousand pounds to get put right.
  13. Backwards entry it with proof it was deliberate and ill pay the tyre bill Joking by the way! I know how wide your rears are!
  14. AliveBoy

    LOL

    Copies and fakes are 2 very different things. Copies are a rebranded interpretation of a wheel which is tested to a safe standard by a competent manufacturer. Fakes are a substandard product made using a reputable companies name to sell the product. In this case it is alloy wheels, these wheels will not have been tested nor will you have anyone to fall back on should the product fail. If you like rota and their range is irrelevant, they are warning about unsafe wheels which are being passed off as theirs when they nothing to do with them.
  15. O.K , shoot me down in flames , got any better suggestions? Pete No
  16. Because cyclists are penis'
  17. I nearly took one out who was going round a major 6 exit roundabout near me because he was going round the wrong way, apparently it was my fault because I didn't see him in the dark. I swear a lot of them think they are superior to car drivers because they are carbon neutral or something.
  18. Useful tip, eau rouge is a tough corner apparently
  19. I can't imagine the feeling though, especially when it's a 24hr race and you have 2-3 other drivers in the team counting on you. If it's a mechanical failure then it probably wouldn't be so bad as you're not to blame, but making an error which puts you into the wall and dashes your teams hopes can't be nice!
  20. This guy probably got it a tad worse http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W61XviK2Twc#at=12
  21. Just checked what a "real" inch is and yep, 4 inches is quite a small gap , I retract my previous statement. I was being a generic man and thinking an inch is much bigger than it actually is
×
×
  • Create New...