Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. I have a pair I could sell you?
  2. Personally I'd leave them I know that goes against my hatred for other badges on cars, such as BMW badges on the wheels, but these are F430 splitters, for some reason that makes it ok
  3. KyleR

    Grey Rays

    Looks like a kind of black chrome or anthracite colour depending which pic I look at. Both have been done
  4. Also can't see a dirty TB causing it, however if one or both are stuck slightly open, then that'll cause it.
  5. I think you need to bring it somewhere, it really should be idling at half that.
  6. Lewisdavid or something is his username I think. Was it a pale gold?
  7. I'd be more concerned as to why the car is idling at over 1500 RPM! PS. I think Will means the TB, because there is nothing to move on the MAF
  8. Few more little updates, nothing massive so I haven't moved into the dreaded stage 10 just yet Removed my Samco induction hose and Popcharger and fitted a polished Fujita induction kit which fits in perfect with my bay and gets rid of that fugly MAF carrier. You'll also notice that I now have a carbon fibre engine cover too I got that off eBay late last year for about £50. It's backed with fiberglass and feels extremely well made, however, the fit was absolutely shite and I had to redrill the holes! Also you'll see a new strut brace, my other half bought this off Redline for my birthday in February and as expected, the fit is perfect and the colour spot on This leaves my bay looking like this… Until about 2 hours ago when I fitted one of Mopedmarks excellently polished bonnet catches So thats the bay done for a while now, but I have a couple of things in line and hopefully have them sorted soon Whilst I was out in the garage I thought i'd do another couple of easy jobs when I had the time. Simple stuff. First up - wiper delete followed by RainX. Removed the boot weight whilst I was at it and decided another thing was annoying me. The "350 Z" badge. I want the back as simple as possible in terms of lettering, so I whipped that off too. It actually wasn't that hard to get off when I found out how to do it. Getting the letters off was easy, just some dental floss, getting the sticky crap off was another matter But I found that rubbing with my finger or petrol was useless, so I used the cuff of my hoody and it just basically fell off Then I wiped any remaining residue off with a micro fibre soaked in petrol. I had a dealer sticker on the rear window too, so I got the other halfs hairdryer and it made pretty light work of it, but it was still a bit fiddly because of the angle and it was quite brittle. Anyway, all gone now Think thats it for now. Next one, two or three should be quite biggies
  9. Where the hell did you get the F430 splitters and how much?
  10. I don't think you should fit any lips or skirts, it looks awesome as it is
  11. KyleR

    H.i.d lights

    I bought the 8000k version of these. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D2R-6000K-HID-Xenon-Light-car-headlamp-2-Bulbs-12V-35W-/230666406329?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b4ca09b9
  12. KyleR

    H.i.d lights

    You need D2R bulbs. I got mine off eBay for about £20. You can pay £70 per bulb or a pair for a tenner, so I decided £70 was outrageous and £10 was too cheap and likely to blow.
  13. Before and after pictures?
  14. KyleR

    Plenum.

    That actually looks pretty awesome
  15. Another happy customer Old manky catch is all packaged up ready to go in the post tomorrow
  16. Did you not ask what car they were driving?
  17. Never had such a problem with road noise or the Bose. I'm no audiophile so the Bose is fine for my needs, although I'd still like a decent touch screen HU.
  18. Oh well then You can still get V2's in the states I think, old stock, might be worth going that direction if you need new?
  19. There was one around Xmas, maybe contact Abbey and ask them if another is possible?
  20. KyleR

    H.i.d lights

    HID kits and OEM HIDs are very different. Is your car a UK model or an import with stock HIDs, or has a HID kit been fitted?
  21. Looks a little like the Supra prototype.
  22. KyleR

    H.i.d lights

    4300k - 5000k are the best you can get from a visibility point of view, but 6000k - 8000k are the most aesthetically pleasing.
  23. Bombshell is right, I'm just around the corner from you. If you want, I could have a listen for you and see what this noise is?
  24. My initial thoughts are it'll drone too much, it would for me anyway and I'd want a resonator placed after each cat before the "X" or "H" pipe.
  25. I get this in my coupe, I just punch it and it goes away
×
×
  • Create New...