Jump to content

cs2000

Members
  • Posts

    2,628
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cs2000

  1. I did the same thing immediately after doing the hack. Took 3 attempts to get the timing right. Stupid button
  2. Shaun, did you remove the metal spring and the slider mechanism? If not then the button wont do anything as the system knows you haven't inserted a tape. Either unscrew it all again removing those two parts, or get an old tape, take the actual tape out of it (so its empty) and then just insert this to fool the system. Mines still working a few days later so cant complain, despite my ****-up!
  3. People always seem to forget this with TC, if you change the rolling radius of the tyres the TC can easily get confused as it things wheels are rotating differently to what they are! may mate has done a similar thing in his Audi, got lower profile tyres on his fronts and his TC randomly comes on for no reason as it thinks the wheels are spinning faster than the rears.
  4. Ive never used the yellowstuff pads before, but on the Celica I always used RedStuff, went through 3 sets of those but I used to change them every year for some reason. The bed in procedure described is exactly what I used every time, is a little disconcerting when they start to smell and//or smoke but just keep with it, and as it says, don't sit with your foot holding the brake pedal down as you will boil the fluids!
  5. cs2000

    Autogrip tyres

    Id agree with Ekona, get some Bridgestone RE050 (anywhere from £170 to 250) or some Michilan Pilot Super Sports and worry about the cost later.
  6. Yes they do that. It also happened in my previous two cars. It must have something to do with the lower resistance in LEDs compared to regular bulbs. Absolutely nothin to worry about and it won't drain your battery. I left my celiac at the airport once for 10 days and it fired up fine. Current draw is negligible
  7. I always drive mine in eco5 mode to and from work as I guess it saves fuel... Sp7 mode (I only have the V1) makes the car seem totally different. Looking at the readout, the smallest application of throttle sp7 does is 40%. It just makes acceleration seem faster I think up rev is better long term though.
  8. Or disconnect the battery for a short while, somewhere between 15-30 mins iirc as this resets the ECU. Im sure somewhere on here there was a thread for people with OBD tools that could do this kind of thing...
  9. sounds like the banana arms to me. Mine do it too. Its quite a heavy rattling sound, definatly from the wheels area.
  10. didn't even think you could buy directly from megs. Added to my list of favourites
  11. wow a sheared camshaft... I cant even see how that would have happened unless a piston got stuck somehow but then I cant even see how that would happen either. Good diagnosis work though
  12. I'd agree, rear LEDs make the back end look so much nicer
  13. Just a quick update, I stuck my head under the front one today and I unclippd the plug and joy of joys there was loads of slack so I dropped it down and wired in my extension there blew a fuse the first time as I had the radio on so the lighter was live! Quick fuse job and all is good cheers for the help!
  14. cs2000

    Accident

    Sounds nasty. I'm never going to do that lean in start manoeuvre ever again. Hope you start to feel better soon
  15. Nice exhaust dude, sounds lovely. I know that road.... lol
  16. A flashing LED means that ones about to fail too. Never checked on a Zed, but in my previous 2 cars most of the exterior lights were on 1 fuse though.
  17. This is what I bought too! but I want to hide everything away. Il have a dig around the front Cig lighter to see if I can get this out and tap into the wires there.Cheers for all the help
  18. Hmm looks like a lot of plastic but doesn't seem too difficult, cheers il give it a shot when the parts arrive! That is of course unless there's a easier to get too 12v feed. Il have to dig up some wiring diagrams and see if I can tap into the wires further along the car, surely they travel through the central part where the handbrake is... Or, is the front one any easier to get access too? SuperStu, yeah I guess I could but I do actually use the Bluetooth in the car for calls so I wouldn't want to upset that really.
  19. Hey all, I'm trying to hook up an iPhone charger using the rear cig lighter as a power source. I still want to be able to use the actual outlet so I want to remove the front and wire in one of those extensions behind the scenes and then plug a iPhone charger into that so I can then route the cable into the central cubby hole. I have had a dig around but I cant seem to find an easy way to get access to the rear of the cig lighter but I figure there must be a way, just wondered if anyone has done this before at all or if anyone knows how to get the front off. Cheers all
  20. The reset procedure is on the first page. I did this today too. First time I tried I had the iron waaaaaaay too hot and actually removed the copper tracks from the PCB so I have to revert to tracing the tracks and soldering on some connecters further along with the iron on half heat!
  21. had that on my Celica. The one there without the 3rd centre post is the JDM version, the UK one has 3 legs and is a slightly different shape. IMO... leave it on the Celica.
  22. I would love some 102 octane fuel
  23. They do seem a lot more complicated nowadays than in the past. My previous cars were great, tiny gaps where you could only get 2-3 fingers in and the metal retention clips were inside the light unit where you couldn't see. But the Zed takes the biscuit with having to remove the wheel and half the arch liner to change a bulb...
  24. I doubt there's enough room from the top. There's just about enough to get the bulb out!
  25. Makes me laugh how the button labelled ESP turns off the TC but not the ESP... And thanks for clearing that one up, so therefore ive never has the ESP step in
×
×
  • Create New...