Jump to content

cs2000

Members
  • Posts

    2,628
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cs2000

  1. Has the owner by chance ever done the mod to lower the clutch pedal a little? (check in the guides section on here to find it) If this is done a little too far it can interfere with the start switch I believe... Keysers advise is spot on as always however, just now good to be upside down in your foot well for too long, I usually get some funny looks from my neighbours when they see my legs sticking up on the seat
  2. cs2000

    Will they be ok?

    Its reassuring to know that the standard brakes are reasonably good I guess they are Brembos though
  3. If you can buy the bushes and fit them yourself (or get them fitted) you could get a lot more for your old arms! Id love to be able to do this as I suspect mine need doing but don't know anyone local with the kit to just re-do the bushes, I suspect this is the same for a lot of members
  4. Group hug! haha. Seriously though, this club is awesome, best car club I've ever been on without a shadow of a doubt!
  5. cs2000

    am i mad

    Just about a perfect statement of how the zed delivers power. You can be driving fairly easy and be accidentally over 100 without really realising due to no turbos or much noise from anywhere on a standard set-up. Caught me out quite a few times in the first few weeks of having the car. Always take a test drive though (an extended drive if possible with a club member, that's what I did) to make sure you like the power delivery, the seating position and the handling as if there's 1 thing you don't like it could ruin the whole car for you and nobody wants that
  6. The driftyness could also be drop links I guess. Had mine changed last week due to some squeaking noises and car feels much more stable now as it as it always felt light at the front end when around 70. Welcome to the club anyway and hope she makes you happy, but prepared to NEVER have any money ever again. Zeditus is an expensive disease to contract sadly...
  7. The 350 does use one of the ISO protocols so it MAY work with a UK car too. If I get change tonight il stick my reader on and let you know what protocol it actually uses so we can be sure if this will work with UK cars. Looks a nice piece of kit though.
  8. I like those too and almost bought one a few weeks ago on the offer they had, but I don't want to loose the in-car Bluetooth (no-matter how annoying- that woman can be sometimes..)
  9. almost got excited this was me but alas
  10. Ive wrapped many interior parts on all 3 of my cars before but I tried the Zed roof and failed so miserably. I would suggest going to RT performance up in London. But of a long drive, as it was for me, but the quality of the work speaks for itself and price was reasonable too.
  11. Glad you passed. Few numbers there are very close to the limits though. Not that that's unusual, all zeds that ive seen seem very close.
  12. Don't have the cash available sadly but GLWTS, they do look like some of the best condition rays ive seen in a long while (making me reconsider my potential purchase of Rota GTR's)
  13. I think the seats are just GT style leather ones 9asside from the orange stitching and the breather holes) as the shape is exactly the same including the extra middle support on the drivers seat. The Louis Vuitton parts are the "snakeskin feel" parts listed below that. im guessing anyway. 2x drivers and passengers side arm/elbow rests complete rear strut cover Steering wheel LV Edition badge on the back if you can remove it
  14. Fair enough. In the photo I posted I was more questioning why you would run the tyre 2-3mm from the top of the wheel arch. If the suspension moved EVEN SLIGHTLY you would just rip the tyre to pieces or damage your arches....surely??
  15. I just don't get what the point of this is unless your suspension has been replaced with solid iron girders to stop the wheels moving(and that this would fall foul of UK MOT laws as the wheels and tyres are past the arch) . Image below stolen from the US site
  16. I always wondered this too, assumed mine was broken, now I know !
  17. EDIT, ive fixed the image links now.
  18. Are these the same things ZMANALEX sells? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR9.TRC1&_nkw=nissan+350z+compression+arm&_sacat=0&_from=R40
  19. Needs lowering definatly, hellaflush! lol.
  20. I agree, at least two torque wrenches, one for higher torques, such as wheel nuts and one for lower ones such as spark plugs. thing I have a 6 inch long one (oh-er missus) that does something like 20-50 Nm and then a larger one, 20 inches or so from 40- 300 Nm ish, very useful tools. Other than that, a decent socket set. I've been through so may £10 - £30 sets you wouldn't believe, they always fail when working on cars eventually, usually sheared adaptors or damaged ratchet mechanisms, I recommend Halfords advance for these
  21. For small parts I usually use eBay. I always use the 3M di-noc wrap for carbon as I prefer its appearance but hexxis for everything else
  22. I must say that is a particularly bad 24 hrs! hope you catch the mouse (or it ran away)
  23. Yep, the adapters are between 60-80 usually on here. Keep an eye out
  24. This annoys me SO much. Why can't people just hold a set speed!!!
  25. Yeah I would be comfortable with it asking as its no higher than the door sills. Also I always just keep my revs high to keep water out the exhaust but go slowish so as to not splash water up into the filter
×
×
  • Create New...