Jump to content

cs2000

Members
  • Posts

    2,628
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cs2000

  1. Think it depends on the severity. Ive used both Plastx, specifically designed for cleaning up headlights, and also used Autosol, which is advertised to do this too (as well as metal) and with mine its helped, but not got rid of it all. I don't mind putting in a few hrs work for some like-new headlights.
  2. Yep. Stop car. Turn off. Turn key to ignition then off 3 times. Get out. Lock car. Done
  3. Sad story mate and will be a shame once it's gone but glad your making steps in the correct direction to sort yourself out
  4. Time to get mine done then I think! Mine does the same, always assumed its was the struts or something worse.
  5. I was trying to find the helicopter with the big lights but couldn't find an image for it... maybe I was thinking of a different film? Am not a fan in general of daylight running lights as I think it makes it harder to judge approach speed - but that could just be my ageing eyes...! My view has always been if you need your lights ON to help others become aware of your presence then use the switch (ditto for indicators...) David Strange, the idea is to make it easier. Same reason why motorbikers have headlights on all the time, to make you see them faster. Personally, I like the looks, has nothing to do with the safety aspect. BUT, I don't like the ones in the OP's picture, reminds me of the fog lights on something like a jeep's bull bars.
  6. Was one of those really tall ones with the thick brown bit by the looks of the damage. I don't think any "bush" could do that to a wishbone.
  7. Are you baking paint in your oven! haha id never get away with that. Finish looks good however
  8. I didn't like it to be honest when I had mine. I ran it for 2-3 months in ECO5, made absolutely sod all difference to fuel economy. SP7 mode is good, kinda, but if you use it the car feels ultra jumpy, slightest touch on the throttle and it lurches forwards. Gets you away fast, granted, but with TC on it just made it kick in every time. Sold mine on here in the end.
  9. I want to pic whore, but have no photos lol RT also did my roof im black gloss (I too almost went for the Black Lustre too), turned out pretty good
  10. haha, I do love actually trying to read the Chinglish instructions on the parts!
  11. Ive just ordered the paper from eBay, easier for me! Got a pack with 400,600,800,1000,1200,1500,2000 grit paper and another that has 2500 & 3000. Also ordered some of that blue tape stuff you can use when detailing to mask the area off The light in the photo does have some scratches that I can see, perhaps it needs a bit more time with the 2000 grit, or maybe some 4000. Did you keep the paper wet, or just use it dry? 12,000 grit, that's surely just like regular A4 paper! Il send you a PM! lol could probably polish the car with that! EDIT: rob has kindly offered to send me some of that 12,000 grit paper, looks interesting.
  12. Agreed, cant go wrong with the 808 #18
  13. May give this a go in a few weeks. So is it literally start on the lowest grade, 1000, sand till evenly sanded, clean, move up a grade, clean, move up a grade, clean then polish with something like autosol or megs headlight restorer?
  14. Had a start button in my old car, loved it! will have to see what this one looks like
  15. Id hope so... lol Its something I need to do, but I imagine me just ending up with a even worse job than before! Ive tried using Autosol and Plast-rx or whatever the megs stuff is called but I guess its too bad. Maybe one day!
  16. Sounds like the fans are failing. Yes, using cold air rather than hot will warm the engine up as you aren't taking the heat away from the block, however the fans should kick in at about half temp reading and keep everything cool.
  17. Exactly the same. Pretty decent tyres for the price, personally seem much much better than the REO40's on the rears before.
  18. Yep. In the boot the revsers camera wire is bundled up with a load of others, but its a page green with silver stripe. Obviously you would suspect this is also somewhere else in the car, but just route from there
  19. Beta 3 seems much more stable (in the 12 hours ive had it) than beta 1 and DEFINATLY beta 2, that thing was a pile of doo doo! Switch the siri voice to American if you want to hear the new voices btw Also, iTunes radio isn't released in the UK, but if you register for a iTunes US account and sign into that on your phone, magically I new button appears in the Music app
  20. Ermmm...wow. that is one HELL of a build thread.
  21. Oh dear, bad weekend then! The indicators are no easier on a pre facelift light either, even with the wheel off you can barely get the bulb and the holder back into the headlamp without almost breaking one or both of them. I think they were designed to be fully removed before a bulb change. Bizarrely, its much easier to change the HID bulbs than it is the indicators, due to them being further down the light and thus more room.
  22. Yeah looks the same as the headlamp washer one (and VERY cheap if that's a genuine part), aside from the inlet nozzle in pointed upwards on that one (which is correct). FYI, the inlet nozzle is the larger one, I think the smaller one is a breather pipe or something On the passenger side bottle there is a large clip holding the washer motor to the bottle, I assume its the same for the divers side, if so just undo this with a number 10 socket set/spanner and pull(may be hard) to remove the pump from the bottle, you will now be covered in wash fluid! To put it back together, you should have a rubber grommet type thing on the inlet nozzle on the old broken washer pump, pull this off and put it in the hole on the washer bottle (don't fit it onto the pump as you wont be able to get it into the bottle this way, trust me...lol) Then simply shove your new pump into the hole in the bottle/rubber grommet, connect the plug to the motor and test it, if all works well then tighten up the holding bracket. Its about a 15-20 min job assuming you can get to the pump without too much hassle, the passenger side one is very easy.
  23. Yeah, they're fairly noisy if the engine is off, as in, you would easily be able to hear it from the outside. But yes, 1 filling location! haha
  24. I did, but got no reply, il do it again, but as above, cant see it being huge. They will probably try to charge me more and call it I.C.E equipment.
  25. I seem to remember you can get a 10 inch (low profile) sub straight in there. Not sure about 15 however.
×
×
  • Create New...