Jump to content

cs2000

Members
  • Posts

    2,628
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cs2000

  1. Sounds good, as someone would say, do it nice, or do it twice!
  2. Im sure if you had a correct paint, you could just use primer on the bung to ensure the paint colour looked correct.
  3. I bought mine 6 months ago for 6500, 2004 with 54,000 miles. That's well overpriced.
  4. Ive posted all the update disks out yesterday, IF they work (which I cant guarantee, I don't have a 370, but they should) I would be grateful if members did forward them on seeing as you really only use them once, there's no need for the disks afterwards is there. If no-ones willing I can create more, but il leave it a while yet. And remember, its only for the Connect Premium package, nothing else. And remember, Disk 0 (that's tucked inside the instruction leaflet) updates the system software. Disk 1,2,3,4 and European Map Updates, the full update of these map could take up to 2 hours and you have to leave the key in the car and the car running whilst it does this, don't ask why its just what the instruction book written by Nissan says to do.
  5. Useful as quick detailer but nothing else. My dad uses it as an all-in-one wash, which is awe full as your just rubbing the dirt around. Does look very shiny afterwards though but I can guarantee if it got a proper wash it would look bloody awful. I never got the one I requested though perhaps stock ran out.
  6. Did mine and its fixed too
  7. No-one close by to assist? Id offer but im in Suffolk, bit far for you to drive. REALLY simple in all honesty, after the wheels are off its 1 bolt, a few light taps with a hammer, lube up and then re-tighten the bolt. if you print out the guide and give it to any local garage you trust it shouldn't be more than 1 hrs labour + materials (unless you provide the lube too, which id highly recommend). Or, yet another thought, come to the Ace Café meet in a week and a half http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/66360-350z-370z-ace-cafe-london-meet-sat-aug-3rd-11am-4pm and then were going to RT's after, they would do it or you (probably before though).
  8. Hey all, got a project brewing and I just need a bit of help. I did plan on adding a start button for the car, however, ive come to the idea of RFID. I have backed a ring on Kickstarter which has 2 RFID tags in it, and I have located a RFID access controller here https://dangerousthings.com/shop/125khz-em4200-access-controller/ My question is this. The controller needs in input of +12V and a ground this is easy, and when a recognised tag is head over the reader (which in the photo in the rounded black shape with the 4 feet) it outputs 12v on another line . So, just think of the single 12V output. Im now figuring im going to need a regular 4 pin relay, so, the 12v from the RFID system above goes to Pin 85, Pin 86 is grounded, Pin 87 connects to the ignition wire and Pin 30 is connected to the starter wire, that look right? Just need assistance finding out which is the starter and which is the ignition wire now. On the US forum, they mention two wire colours, but im betting they're different in the UK, but the location should be the same right? Ive drawn the connector below, the central pin ive labled I as I believe this is the ignition wire, so this would connect to relay Pin 87, and the one to the left labled S should be the starter, this would connect to relay Pin 30 ___|-----|___ |___|_I_|_S_| |___|___|___|
  9. I like a nice heavy wheel Honestly, im almost certain its not possible without possibly somehow a oversized power steering pump, my thoughts being it would pump harder and therefore feel lighter, but I doubt its even possible. The zeds not that heavy anyway, go back to the days of driving a Vauxhall Astra estate with a 2.0 ltr non turbo diesel that has no power steering and weighed about 2 tonne, then tell me the zeds steering is heavy!
  10. They look really good, glad you're please with them
  11. Fair enough RT but thankls for trying Cheers Sized, B2AutoDesigns also sell them straight from the USA, il have a chat with them both when the time is right.
  12. Looks quite nice to be honest, to say it is just a shipping container. Id defiantly do that, especially considering the price.
  13. They have badge snobbery. Imagine if your GFerman sports car shared the engine with a Vauxhall. Lol, theyre not bad cars at all as ive previously said
  14. Exactly the same here. I not a professional spanner monkey, but in 12 months I wrecked 3 cheap socket sets, probably wasted 60 quid on those and that was with light use. A family member bought me a smaller Halfords Professional socket set for Christmas and its amazing, used it much more than all my others and nothing breaks! and the lifetime warranty helps if you happen to break a socket at all. They're quite expensive, but its an investment in the long run. Collecting mine on the way home from work, then need to hide it from the Mrs... we are SUPPOSED to be saving for a house, but the naughty traders on here and my ever cash hungry Zed are slowing progress somewhat...
  15. Not sure if right place, but until midnight these are on sale, have reserved mine so here you are! http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_862443_langId_-1_categoryId_255215#tab1 These are normally priced at 159.99 so this is a bargain, everything in the box (aside from the ratchet heads) have lifetime guarantee and the store just swap them in-house if one ever breaks, the ratchet heads are excluded as they're "moving parts" Great deal as the Professional stuff is actually really good quality. EDIT: the deal of 59.99 is now over, but these are still a pretty good price of 79.99. picked mine up last night and its a great little set
  16. That style of lights has been around for a few years now, were very popular ion the 206's, I always liked them and still do You will get import tax on them unless the package is marked down in value, time will tell.
  17. So, RT, I know you said this would be several months, but just wondering if you went/are actually going ahead with this?
  18. When you say removed the damaged plastic what do you mean by this?Not the lens itself I presume? The reason I ask is that I seem to have internal smudging inside the lens and i have no idea whatsoever how to remove this? No, I meant the action of sanding has physically removed the UV damaged plastic.
  19. This thing is going to be scarily fast....
  20. haha I know, I didn't really realise it until BM pointed it out last week, then I noticed it ALL THE TIME! Damn you BM! I know youre a fairly long way away from me, but I may be backl in the future, as much as everyone keeps telling me to go somewhere closer!
  21. LSP is usually Meguiars Ultimate quick detailer, however sometimes I finish off with a sealant. The headlights always get waxed along with the car with Meguiars ultimate wax, and sometimes even get a compound, polish then wax. Overall I just treat them like another body panel. They get no special treatment, but no less than the car gets.
  22. haha is a very similar colour! Luckily with that being tape meant for making when painting it was pretty good with being wet, only had a few small areas that caused me trouble. I have previous used just the Plast-x stuff and yes after a week or so the yellowing came back. Im hoping that the work put into it by physically removing the damaged plastic will stop it coming back, but just for peace of mind, il look at some UV wax
  23. No I havnt. I just assumed it was caused by the UV light degrading the plastic over several years, as in, yes it will come back, but in another 3-4 years orso, just bearing in mind the car is 9 years old, so its took 9 years to get to that state.
  24. Lol D8NMT glad they arrived safely, was just trying to protect the wiring! Shame octet, hoped to see them on such a nice car
×
×
  • Create New...