Jump to content

cs2000

Members
  • Posts

    2,628
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cs2000

  1. Strut is colder. The engine cover even after a 70MPH motorway journey gets to no more then 60-70, the strut is metal so yeah it will gather heat better, but its also good at loosing it, plus its connected to the car which could act as one large heatsink
  2. stop farting on the leather?
  3. Ok, so, over the past few days once warm there has been a strange burning smell coming through the air vents. I sat the car on my driveway this morning, fired it up and simply let it warm up. Once almost warm the weird smell starts. Almost smells like a plastic burn, but not exactly, and defiantly isn't an electrical burn. The smell isn't noticeable when driving at 30mph but comes back as soon as you stop. If you turn the fans off it clears after a few mins. Now, I had a look under the car on the passenger side as the small is REALLY bad there and almost non existent on the drivers side, and there are several rather oily looking components, especially the rubber boot on the CV joint(? I think, im not a mechanic). I touched it and it feels oily, but smells like general dirt rather then oil, almost odorless, but it could be a few days old. Now have no idea what it could be or where its coming from
  4. Heh, those are the exact ones I buy too so yeah they will work Il give you a message when im back from holiday and we can organise something Could just do a swap since you say you haven't even fitted those at all, your choice.
  5. I don't mind it either really, but I would get rid of its black R8 sideburns.
  6. Will do, the key shop ive used before tend to charge about a fiver for cutting. It comes with a "blank chip" so says the aiuction so im guessing I can use the method in the service manual to link it to the car
  7. Meh, ive bought the key above from eBay. Will hope it turns up by Tuesday as im on holiday from Wednesday and kind of need the car. I do have the "valet key" but it sets the alarm off every time I open the door ! lol
  8. No mark I haven't, may be an idea seeing as he's 2 seconds away. Cheers Kyle, if the RT thing fails I have messaged the seller to check too. Bloody keys! im going to invest in a Bluetooth key tracker now, seeing as this is the 2nd time I've done this
  9. Something like this?? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-NISSAN-350-Z-USED-REMOTE-KEY-NEW-KEY-BLADE-MODEL-/121123352427?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item1c3383af6b It says iots for 2005-2009 but mine was 2004, what do we think??
  10. Hey guys, so I've been out all day doing jobs in my partners car as its cheap to run, got back home and "oh $hit, where's the zed keys??" I've called all the places I've visited today, checked her car and her place and they haven't shown themselfs. Luckily I have the small key with the tag on it so i do still have access to the car but I was hoping someone had a central locking key they could sell me. I'm really after the electronics inside as I can get blank key cases and blades from eBay but no transponder inside. Would really appreciate anyone's help. Il update you if they do turn up of course Chris
  11. Woop! cant ait for this to start again:D
  12. Good point, does this fit all models or just one?
  13. Yes, I have one Have I just read that wrong? Thought you was trying to nick my sale Haha You did read it wrong! I meant I have a Bluetooth adaptor and was confirming that they do work with the iPhone 5, I use it on a daily basis so its not for sale hahaha !
  14. Is that you in then HaydenH? I guess selecting a colour for the feet is at least 3-4 months off so.....
  15. Yep, but it was worth it, the brace was excellent quality Looking forward to this one
  16. New MOT laws (the latest update) specifically state that if the car has HID's (and they provide ways for the tester to check this) it MUST have washers and an auto leveller built in. Sadly the old rules of being able to have HID's but no washers no longer applies.
  17. Since its all being painted can go with massive arches as it doesn't matter if the paint is cracked or damaged 12 inch wheels anyone?
  18. There is also http://gpsunderground.com/forum/
  19. OK, done thanks
  20. Ahah, so that's what its for! Il amend my instructions
  21. Ive been asked this before. The issue is, Ive never actually seen a set of OEM reflectors. I already had some LED ones on my car when I bought it so im unsure if they're made the same way as the ones im buying. The ones I have leave a small gap of 2-3mm between the inside of the lens and the back reflective surface, this allows me to insert an LED. If the OEM ones have this gap then I guess its possible, but of course all my references for drilling the LED holes would be different. As for the wiring, im guessing (I did this, and this is what the fitting instructions show) that most people wire them to their sidelights, but yes, technically you could use a switch to control them manually.
  22. Looks good! Didn't realise the cupra splitter was still popular. I remember people using then back in my 206 days about 5 years ago! Like the silver reflectors
  23. Sorry don't know how I missed that! Ive added you onto the list @Longsh07, there is also this http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/71386-cs2000-drl-fleckers/ In the day switched off they are almost invisible, and with the LED's on there not massively bright during the day, ofcourse depends on sunlight levels and all, they look perfect however at night. They aren't bright enough to attract any unwanted attention from the police which is what I wanted. I hear they're clamping down on people with ridiculously bright lights now. Admittedly, some are dazzling and do need to be stopped. Please take note, ignore the fingerprints on this set. Due to me still experimenting I used superglue as well as silicone in the first 4 sets I made. Sadly this seemed to evaporate inside the lens and stick to fingerprints inside from when the reflectors were made in the factory leaving print marks. All my original 4 buyers were very understanding but since then I haven't used superglue, it wasn't strictly necessary and means I can guarantee no finger marks If anyone does have any photos fitted stick them up and il link to them from my first post
  24. Get them from Steve 350z @ Redline styling on the club
×
×
  • Create New...