Jump to content

Gudzy

Moderators
  • Posts

    1,417
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gudzy

  1. Headers take a long time to change so aren't a worthwhile changing.
  2. I think SpursMadDave replaced his headlining. I'm sure there's a joke to be had there...
  3. And 5 studs
  4. I saw this 911 and noticed they are wanting a 350z as a swap: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190705854411 The colour scheme is...... different.
  5. I noticed that I'd lost a wheel nut and that the other 4 were quite loose on one of my wheels recently. I'm glad I checked as I was doing a 200 mile round trip that day so could have caused me some serious problems. I guessed someone was either trying to steal the wheel or trying to kill me.
  6. When mine was tested recently at Donington at 4k revs the static test only came out at 82dB with bungs in on my K1. I do quite like my K1 but it rattles through the whole car between around 3-4k revs with bungs out so I have to leave them in most of the time, but then I think what is the point of having such a large exhaust to limit it to a tiny hole right at the end I soon should have my blitz backbox, motordyne XYZ with HFC and ART decats fitted though:cloud9:
  7. even though you were in the house and nowhere near the car at the time, how can that be considered your fault. Yes, my dad watched my next door neighbour reverse into his car from inside his house and had to declare that as a non fault claim has been made. The neighbours insurance company (admiral) then rung my dad to go through the claim and even asked if he was injured in the accident! Some companies will then charge you more for that being on your record as supposedly you're more likely to make another claim now, but some won't.
  8. Seems to come with a throttle body also, looks like someone got a bargain. Cheaper than a plenum spacer even!
  9. Would you drive it? Surely that would depend on what tyres it had on It'll definitely get a few looks...
  10. Gudzy

    Tyres Help

    The letter refers to the speed rating of the tyre, so you have to get a tyre rated higher than your cars top speed. The load rating which the number refers to should be the same or higher, as this related to how much weight the tyres can take. So those Westlake tyres are fine on the load index but not on the speed index. Kumho 39s are available from camskill at the correct load and speed rating for £280 delivered for a set of 4. Whether they will be any good is anybodies guess though, I'd tend to stick to recommendations from an owners forum.
  11. I think I now know where the phrase "every cloud has a silver lining" comes from.
  12. +1, my brother sold his lotus Elise on after owning it for a couple of years for a profit to a German who brought a suitcase of Euros over and he had someone else come over from France but he wanted to use PayPal whilst he was here.
  13. Gudzy

    Kuhmo KU31

    It seems 245 35 19 are more popular on the fronts and they are similarly priced to the rears at £115.80: http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=86572933.110.24573&Cookie=froogle&typ=R-126713&ranzahl=4&Breite=245&Quer=35&Felge=19&Speed=W&weiter=15&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=110&sowigan=So
  14. I like the look of this car Although after visiting the likwid art stand it looked a bit different: And here's one from my track, one of these days I'll remember someone's going to be taking my photo and so I should crack a smile: I think I was in the only track session which had rain Since seeing the action shots from Wales I've carbon wrapped the part of the bumper that surrounds where the towing eye is, I think it looks a lot better now without that sticking out. I'm tempted to wrap/ spray the whole mouth now though...
  15. PM'd regarding dipstick cover
  16. +1 I used to always have to hold it open but after taking out the weight it stays up by itself.
  17. Gudzy

    Toyota FT 86

    It's got a glowing review in Autocar when comparing it against the mx5 and 370z, ending the review that it could be "One that could be the best sports car to come out of Japan since the Honda NSX". http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motoring/subaru-brz-vs-nissan-370z-vs-mazda-mx-5 I'm waiting to see what a turbo charged BRZ will be like (and cost!), but I am a fan of the distinctive Subaru burble.
  18. Gudzy

    Opinions Please

    That sounds like a good chance for me to get a pic in, here's my black roof and boot: As for the wheels, I suppose it partly depends what tyre sizes you want to put on...
  19. That's good to know, I'm looking at upgrading to some dba discs but I'm at the limit of modifications with admiral.
  20. 245/40 front and 275/40 rear seems to be about right. The advert says the rears are toyo, so that would coincide with what you've seen on camskill. edit: Falken 452s are available in both of those sizes on camskill: http://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s324p0/Car_Tyres_-_MPV_Tyres_-_People_Carrier_Tyres_-_18_inch_R18_inch_-_275_40_18_275_40_R_18 http://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s323p0/Car_Tyres_-_MPV_Tyres_-_People_Carrier_Tyres_-_18_inch_R18_inch_-_245_40_18_245_40_R_18
  21. Mark's let me know motordyne don't supply these with the new xyz pipes so it's not really a necessary part. Thanks for the help Mark.
  22. I'm interested in the coolant tank as it will match my weapon r power steering tank I've already bought off eBay
  23. No, the point of having it protected is that it won't be affected even if you cause an accident. Your NCB will be unaffected but your premium would still go up because you would now have a claim on your record, meaning you are considered a higher risk. I was surprised to find out that if I were to have an accident my 4 years NCB would just be halved rather than restarted at zero with my current insurers, admiral. As I work at an insurance company I feel like I should finish with a disclaimer at the end of this post that all insurance companies work differently and to check with the company you are dealing with as to how it works with them.
  24. No hail stones for me but it was covered in sand yesterday. At least sand just washes off...
  25. That's made my day, cheers Mark. I've sent a PM.
×
×
  • Create New...