Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Knob jokes aside I found the rounder heavier ones make for easier gear changes compared to the longer narrow ones.
  2. I spy some black hole glaze there! Wonderful stuff!
  3. coldel

    Monaro Vxr

    Cheers, yes since getting the VX and having loads of speed under my right foot WITH 35-40mpg anything running at 15-20 suddenly seems very expensive!
  4. Bubbles and lather are not a sign of a good car shampoo Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  5. coldel

    Monaro Vxr

    Love both the VXR8 and Monaro looks, they say different things but both are good. I did check them out for a bit before going the VX220 route, but the running costs just sent me, running! MPG and I would imagine VED is pretty high?
  6. Like it. In our previous house I filled the entire under-stairs cupboard space with cleaning stuff. From leather restorer through to piles of microfibres! I recently bought a stack of these, amazing at buffing off the wax http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/dodo-juice/fantastic-fur-microfibre-buffing-cloth.aspx
  7. Always good to generate a debate though Ewan, fair play to you for putting up a really good detailed 'beginners guide' post. New products come out all the time and new techniques arrive with them, no harm in refreshing everyone I wonder how many people spend as much time on the interior as they do on the outside...
  8. Oh and if anyone is ordering off Ultimate Finish use 'HEAT75' as a discount code and you get 7.5% off and if you spend £50 or more I think you get a free pot of Dodo Juice Hybrid Wax
  9. Good write up. I spend A LOT of time looking after my car and I think anyone buying a nice car for the first time would do well to read through this. Too many would grab that old sponge under the sink with some washing up liquid and go to town. I think a polish can be a good idea if you want to bring up the colour a bit (whether it does or if its a placebo effect I'm not sure but I do it anyway) but also the polish is a good thing if you have a DA as it will get rid of those spider web scratches you see when you look at the suns reflection on the paintwork. Obviously dont just grab a DA and have a go, make sure you know what you are doing! I'm with Dan on this issue of the jet washer, I don't use a jet washer at all. I would only use it to generate the snow foam but would not use it on the bodywork as it would as far as I can see strip any wax you have applied. And I would certainly not recommend using it on alloy wheels in any shape or form, maybe I am a bit nervy of that as the wheels I had on my Zed were pretty darn expensive. But yeah, I go through the wash/clay/polish/wax routine every 3 months, between that its just a case of giving it a good wash (depending on usage and weather conditions etc) once a week and allowing the wax to do its stuff.
  10. I think Stew has a point, wanting to add £1k to your current salary is going to be a tough ask, not impossible and people do achieve it, but it requires more planning and execution of a strategy than luck. When I was 24, with A Levels, a good degree and three years work experience in various office type jobs I was on £22k (although that was fifteen years back). I guess you are going to have to aim well outside the norm of jobs to get that sort of money, or, retrain. My brother is a car mechanic, dresses in knackared overalls all day and looks a pauper but has his own business and probably earns around £200-£300 a day after tax depending on what he works on - he started specialising in commercial vans and lorries, its a constant flow of work. He has no A Levels or Degree, just retrained with an eye on the future
  11. And I remember our chats last year Darren, started with 'should I buy an MX5 and supercharge it' and look where I ended up...
  12. Yep it will be there on Sunday!
  13. Haha didnt they do one in the newer body style? Guess I didnt investigate them that much then!
  14. Ah yes the older shape Z4Ms are around the £12k-£13k mark but dont like the look of the older ones!
  15. Dont open them and tuck in, it would be a form of cannibalism
  16. coldel

    Wasso

    Cup of tea somewhere in kent on Sunday I believe!
  17. Yeah the Z4M does look sensational, although a fair bit more of a premium price. Snapped another photo tonight, on iphone so bad quality but can't help having a nose out the window every ten minutes!
  18. Lose that chrome, I will even come over with some black marker pens if necessary
  19. But do you want to be more than 'just friends'? The thing is twobears, you're in to a decision point here. Is it more than 'just friends' as in "bloody hell I would!.." or "...wow, she is something else!..". The two can be extremely close or indeed, proved by interaction over time, very far apart. There are a myriad of complexities, as you know, dependent on interpretation, inference, impression, ones social experiences as well as that of the person (male / female ) that you (or they) may wish to be 'more than good friends with'. This is true for both men / women / young / old etc. You're at risk of over simplification or indeed underestimating the sophistication of men's emotional interaction with women. Let alone under valuing the female ability to know the exact potential impact of their behaviour in terms of love and romance, based on their long established and well recorded 'sense of intuition' You've been asked this question before haven't you...
  20. ...walking along Richmond Hill and spied a very nice blue modified Zed driving towards me, it was indeed a wasso! After some frantic hand waving he spotted me and stopped in the middle of the road for a chat Colour on the car looked stunning
  21. Absolutely can be friends. I used to house share with two girls who are very attractive, I even went to Thailand on hols for two weeks with one of them - my longest serving friend is a girl, we met when toddlers at nursery, we are both now in our late 30s!
  22. Yeah I know, they are rare enough to confuse most people. Already had an older couple walking by as I cleaned the VX say 'Hey nice Ferrari' - his face when I told him it was a Vauxhall
  23. Or spend a small fortune on armour fend...
  24. There seems to be an ongoing 'rubbed up the wrong way' dispute between Lotus and VX owners on the respective forums there seems to be a few instances of full blown rows erupting on some threads
  25. I have seen a few NAs going for about £6k, they tend to be higher milers though. Not many exist with 100k+ miles due to the ease of write off if you scrape the bodywork so no idea how good the engine and transmission is over longer mileage stretches. I would imagine they do ok as its a reliable engine and the car weight bugger all. You can modify the NA engine (not sure what VXR mods you can do to the non turbo?) but a shorter drive replacement in the gear box (or a zafira gearbox) will improve acceleration at the expense of top speed, lightened flywheel, freeflowing exhaust/cats all make for a quicker car - you can also go the individual throttle body route but that is expensive. Easiest route is supercharging which you can do for £3k-£3.5k which takes it from 150bhp to about 260bhp which will put the car in the 0-60 in 4 seconds bracket. Personally, I find that being sat one inch off the ground, with the top off, the engine 6 inches behind your head makes the car feel like its doing 60 when its doing 30 and produces miles of smiles
×
×
  • Create New...