Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Ferrari Enzo - Hennessey Venom GT - and just for the hell of it a Merc 300SL Gullwing
  2. Only been there for meetings with GSK who have a 'facility' by the station
  3. Should have just got out the car and beat the living crap out of her mate
  4. Or get it for a few hundred quid I believe it will cost(?) then come sale time for the Zed its a nice little extra you can list on the ad.
  5. Not sure why people watch this - I took in 5 minutes out of curiosity earlier and it appears its not in fact any sort of effort to find a businessman than it is to find the best 'del-boy' out of the group of utter numpties that have signed up just to get on TV. I presume people do not watch it for any other reason than just to watch barely literate people trying to flog crap to people on the street? I like to use a phrase by a certain Malcolm Tucker for these types in that they are 'so dense, light bends around them'...
  6. Mine did the same, brake protection plates were the culprits, just physically bend them away from the disc.
  7. Judging by many things not including performance, the Porsche 911. Good god, so many of them about in various guises, they sound dreadful like the engine is on its last legs, look so dated (I understand the reasoning but that shouldn't excuse it) and that fat unsightly back end on it. Saw the Boxster get a bashing throughout the thread, but have to admit I dont hate the look of new one... Prior to the Zed, I had a Vauxhall Astra (incoming baby, wife who likes sensible cars etc) on a 57 plate, it was the most soulless driving experience of my life. Being in it was like sitting in a children's plastic toy, everything about it was utterly awful. I joined an Astra forum to make sure I had access to knowledge and parts, what I didn't realise was that it only gave me access to people that blacked out all their windows lowered the car to the ground and classed a remapped 1.7td astra as having 'superb' performance.
  8. coldel

    Sidesteps

    I had them on my black zed unpainted in black, looked fine no scratches? Also have a build thread in there somewhere.
  9. GTecnique is brilliant stuff - yes its £30 or something for a tiny bottle which does four wheels, but hell I had just spent £1000 on a set of Volks, £30 to make them last is a good investment
  10. Silver car and the golf are legally parked.
  11. Im tempted to call it in Colin, getting fed up with cars pulling up, honking horns outside then backing up again - loads of traffic outside. Doing my head in.
  12. I did parp my horn a few times to try get someone to come out but no joy, they were probably too busy sat there spending time figuring out a piece of paper with PTO written on both sides.
  13. ...and the award goes to the driver of the Insignia parked on a yellow outside my house - muppet.
  14. Bill Bailey is a good call, I think Robin Williams would be a good laugh. Someone dead...Oscar Wilde?
  15. I dunno i no when i was working for seat in 3 years we had 2 cupra r's come threw one was a demo and the other sold and i see loads of sciroccos on the road but maybe thats just cambridge I meant Leons in total. Leon Cupra R is a cracking car, but apart from a bit of spoiler work looks the same as your basic 1.9 diesel, all born of the same egg. The scirocco is what it is, a coupe where even the bottom of the range 1.4TSI is still pretty quick. I guess I bought a 350z because it sets itself out from the crowd, the scirocco does that also, I just don't feel the Leon does it as well.
  16. Or Horsham Dev?
  17. As I said up top, you pay for the badge, and the fact that there are probably 10 Leons to every Scirocco on the road.
  18. Scirocco definitely a better looking car than the Seat, but you do pay a premium for the badge.
  19. Stuck some HFCs, a decent exhaust, plenum spacer on my zed before doing the remap - definitely made a difference to the power delivery. You will only get about 10-20bhp max though with all the breathers done, lack of turbo means not many horses to be released.
  20. I had the 1.4TSI so didn't have the power but the handling was great on it. Also it is a very nice place to be sat, really good quality interior, leather stitching is spot on throughout etc. Rear seats are surprisingly usable as well for a coupe style car. Its only 2 seats in the back though. Personally I think they are cracking cars, a step away from the standard styling but still quite practical.
  21. Ref: Airbags... post this morning mate
  22. http://news.sky.com/story/1076627/huge-car-recall-over-faulty-airbags
  23. You are proper modern day zed-hero Keyser - top bloke!
  24. Stunning, best colour too. Get some sidesteps and carbon wrap them and it would look brilliant
×
×
  • Create New...