-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
I dont drive daily, work in central London, but use it for getting to football in the week and weekends, doing random drive outs, visiting the parents etc - although it hasnt started snowing again yet which might put the mockers on it -
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
Yeah it was a bit leading the title! My favourite photo of it now is: Will put up a project thread Pete, if I am allowed! -
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
Yeah will let you know on the plate front mate - would you be keeping it on retention? -
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
The steering is phenomenal - no power steering so you feel everything just like an S1 (although never driven one - they are even lighter than a VX I believe) so every stone every slight change in road surface you pick it all up through the wheel and can drive accordingly. I love the small cockpit feel as well, really feels like I have been strapped into a race car and gives that 'I am part of the car' feeling Like I said above I haven't had the courage (or skill probably) to really test the handling capabilities to their fullest, will book myself into a car limits course to do that. -
Good post Bock. Hadn't seen this thread till now - hope all works out mate - I have had a similar experience over the last year or so in certain areas of my life, I was losing jobs and having financial problems (which meant selling the Zed), having other people tell me I can't do this and that and allowing them to control how I felt and also what I believed I could achieve. Certainly in a better place now, but more importantly, feel a stronger and better person for the experience because I have discovered how to deal with it my way. The light is always there at the end of the tunnel mate
-
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
Yep intend to post a 'living with a go kart' thread at some point - the V on the front is a challenge, there is a forum sourced replacement option called a Splam grille but I am not sure, it looks like the car is smiling at me -
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
Yep a Europa is a VX220 also, only about 400 built or something. The Elise S1 was the forerunner to the VX220, when new safety laws came in Lotus had to remake the Elise and got support in the shape of GM who branded it Vauxhall here and Opel in Europe of course (where its called the Speedster). Lotus though stuck with the K-series engines which are very prone to gasket failure if not maintained properly (later replaced with Toyota engines) whilst the VX got the 2.2 Vectra engine. Apparently these engines did have timing chain problems but when put on a VX220 which weighs nothing at all there have been no reported problems over the years on the forum - apparently they will start 'ticking' long before any snapping and given the layout of the car its quite obvious whats happening and plenty time to sort it out before any failure. I actually could have gone for an S2 Lotus but the VX220 just seemed the cheaper more reliable option. And it had airbags Looks wise, the VX looks a bit old hat on photos, it just happens to be one of those cars which doesnt photo well, in the 'fibre glass' it does look a lot better, the back end for sure more than the front. Europas again are really rare though, and although they are buffed up a bit to look more comfortable, you are still sliding in and out of them like an Elise except you cant take the roof off. A lot of guys do make the VXs on the forum more comfy, adding carpeting etc. but even 20 or 30 kgs makes a massive difference to the feel of the car. DBlock mate, so timing chains generally reliable The VX220 is in two versions NA and Turbo, which are known as a VX and a VXT. The NA although not as quick as a VXT has a better handling setup (they passified it when they launched the VXT to try to appeal to a wider audience). The VXR was a limited run of 85 cars I think it was with upgrades on the suspension, engine mapping to higher bhp, racing seats/harnesses etc. Uber rare they go for about £15-£20k a time. I did a bit by saying I had upgraded, just an easy dig at K370 (and it worked) - the Zed certainly has its qualities over the VX, the torque, the ability to modify extensively AND safely, the car has aged pretty well looks wise etc. But she is a heavy beast as she is a GT car, which is why I wanted to try something very different. The VX is quick, still a sub 6 second 0-60 sprint (but runs out of legs after that) but I would say I still haven't even used more than 50% of its handling capability even after really throwing it about, I will be going to an airfield to discover how far it can really go. As for what its doing on here on 'your' forum K370: 1. I like the guys on here and have actually met quite a few of them at meets and would class them as mates, I attend Zed meets to look at the Zeds after selling mine turning up in the family focus - I like Zeds 2. I know a lot about Zeds, and like to think I can still offer help to newbies on here, I'm a helpful bloke actually 3. I posted in the 'Other Cars' section which even though its a 350z/370z forum is actually for, other cars... -
Imagine this guy Stopping beside u at the lights!?
coldel replied to SkylineV35's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Why would you build a car just to do that - its mental! -
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
Must say this is getting a bit random! -
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
I was going to keep it under wraps, but just didn't want to rock up to a meet and have a load of people boot me straight back out the car park You know what though, they do cracking side steps and front splitters for these -
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
Oh dear.................... Haha yeah I know, kids eh -
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
Yeah Turbos were a bit out of the price range I wanted to go to - I also prefer the NA drive though, less likely to toss you off the road at a roundabout etc! I did go out in a stage 4 VXT, about 360bhp I think it was (so putting it at about 500bhp per tonne), christ almighty that was quick, far too quick for my meagre driving skills. Like you say though it can corner like you wouldnt believe and is a far more involving drive than any other car I have owned. -
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
I need to get shot of the plate - it obviously worked well for the previous owner but bears no attachment to me -
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
Supercharger option is £3k all in, then you are looking at 0-60 times of circa 4 seconds, I have also had pax rides in these cars and its just too fast. I would spend half the time thinking I am going to run out of talent! -
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
Had a Z, I upgraded -
A dignified silence from Dave...
-
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
Have to say its easier to live with than I thought it would be. Heater aside the seats are very comfortable, seating position great, getting in and out is an art and you have to learn it but otherwise it is great. Fuel economy is good at circa 40mpg as well. I have yet to experience the winter in it which will be the deal breaker I suspect though haha. -
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
Yep I know I remember you mentioning it a couple of years back - still looks in great nick. The one I bought scares the hell out of me, god only knows what VXR is like! -
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
..and VXR no.20 is up for sale at the moment I believe! -
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
Fortunately a guy called Fezzus on the VX220 forum sells 'super heaters' direct replacements which are nothing short of tropical -
Isnt it usually around 2-4 weeks after painting? I would hang on a while and let it set.
-
Aha!
-
They look pretty standard but have no idea if they work as well as OEM ones - bear in mind you will get stung on import taxes on this as well, probably in the region of about £30-£35 at a guess?
-
Nuisance call "Claim for injury" ha ha ha ha
coldel replied to Wasso's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Good work fella, these 'pests' waste enough of peoples time so only fair we waste theirs given the opportunity -
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
Thanks CS, I will be checking on parts over the next few weeks - I think a new set of pads might be on the cards.