-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
What miles you got on the clock out of interest?
-
Stunning looking car another +1 on colour!
-
I did start a thread some time back where I found Brembo discs I think it was priced up at the same price as the pads I foolishly posted up on here and they found themselves with about 200 orders for brembo discs at something like £34 a pair we all had our orders cancelled. I did however get an ipod dock from Tesco which someone also posted up on here where they were selling it at £16 instead of £86 I think it was, they delivered on the price despite changing it the next day!
-
I would get yourself onto VX220.org Stew, quite a few cars up for sale on there long before they hit ebay and the like and obviously there are benefits of seeing owners history on the forum vs ebay. If price is a concern, there is always the cat c/d route which is no where near as fraught as Zeds. One guy had his VX written off after hitting a stray dog which split the front bumper and broke a headlight - bodywork write offs happen a lot. There is a guy on the forum called 'Turboluca' who picks these up and repairs them to a high standard - you get all the photo documentation of repairs etc. He only does turbos though...let me know what your budget is, car spec etc and happy to keep a lookout for you. CS2000 yes the turbos are very fast, if you look on you tube and search for VX vs GT3 there is a guy at the nurburgring chasing down and passing a GT3, although how much of that is car vs comparative driver skills...
-
Yes the Elise's are appreciating a lot at the moment, even something like an 80k mile early S1 is going for around £8k-£9k which is a lot in the grand scheme of things. There is an element of badge snobbery though, the VX is essentially an S2 Elise. Its somewhere between daily and toy - I will use it for when I am doing stuff in the evenings but I commute on the train every day so its not used for daily work reasons. I also now have developed a great method for getting in and out quickly without looking a tit which helps!
-
I'm not sure how to answer that question. It's like when I see a Caterham and for a fleeting moment I want to do it all again. It doesn't help that I don't have a garage now. I used to use the S1 throughout the year but had a bit of a scary moment on black ice....fortunately the lightness of the car proved to be a big asset because I scrubbed of speed very quickly through the grass and bracken and no serious harm was done but I never quite felt the same again. It was mainly my fault because I overreacted and managed to add lift off oversteer into the equation. I had also "uprated" the suspension which was a big mistake...I should have left it as it came out of the factory. I had no issues with reliability, just minor niggles, which could be solved by aftermarket parts. In the right conditions the speed you could maintain on bendy roads defied logic. I put the later seats in and found them to be very comfortable. But if an Evora ever came down in price enough? Who knows Yes its nice to see a new set of decent discs and brakes priced around £200 for the lot instead of £500+ which often came up on the Zed. The cost of maintenance is so much less damaging and to be honest was one of the reasons I didn't go Japanese once again. The only thing I really fear from a cost perspective is any bodywork damage, which tends to write cars off. Although a guy on the VX forum has just managed to perfect replacement clams and sells them relatively cheaply for any of those owners unlucky enough to have the fibre-glass write off scenario happen.
-
Thing about the bumper tuck is that its easily reversible if you dont like it
-
I think it would look a bit, erm, small - not much there to show off i all honesty
-
Just hike up the coil overs to maximum height
-
Exhaust vid, apologies there are kids shouting in the background, little playground next to our house (soon drown them out though!)
-
Being tempted to go back to Norfolk built cars Neil? :-)
-
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
Sure you want me to take you for a spin Will! I was driving through Frimley yesterday actually, will sort out a time to pop over one weekend you are only about 25 mins drive away -
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
-
Will fire it up and record soon and drop on here, its pretty meaty and the chaps on the kent run next week will get to hear first hand!
-
Yes Darren also mentioned the Exige wheels, although that will be at quite an expense so will hold back on those for a while whilst I get used to it as standard. The wife wouldnt be too happy with another big outlay so quickly! And yes the cover is vital, otherwise you end up with coolant bottles leaking which is never a good thing. Turbos were available Arran but for equivalent quality I was looking at an extra £5k on top, also I like the NA drive, the turbo's do just boot the boost in and on such a light car you need talent to keep it on the road if you are using all the power, talent I don't have
-
As seen on another thread I am invading the realms of zedland with my cheap Vauxhall tat...well actually it is just an S2 Elise with a different bodykit and a few sensible extras...it is a brutal drive, decent straight line speed up to about 70 but the handling is epic, you can chuck it round corners at speeds which seem unbelievable. Not as powerful on the open road as the Zed but would easily drive away from most cars on twisty B roads. the feedback through the steering wheel is amazing, you totally feel everything, every stone every slight slide, you are correcting all the time so it is hard work but very rewarding. And it looks very unique. I spent about 6 months waiting for the right one, ended up with a 50k miles 02 plate 2.2 NA. It is highly specced with: VSE (Vauxhall Sports Exhaust) which is pretty bloody loud, but sounds terrific Interior extras, centre bracing, gear gaiter and knob which are all restricted distribution options Rear diffuser Otherwise very standard, which is perfect. Here she is: Have been tinkering with it last couple of weeks, first up was to tidy up the engine bay. It came with an engine cover off an Astra which is bulky and nasty, so I sprayed it Silver and Red, although looks a bit naff still. Reason for them is that water can get in through the grill and flood the spark plugs, there is an ingress plate option which I will be installing soon. I also took some time to polish the engine up a bit and spray the oil and coolant caps. Also the dash fascia was a bit scratched so got some cheap ebay vinyl to test wrap it, looks ok, might get a brighter red on it though Also a key mod, insulation tape around the door pins! They are about 1mm too small for the doors so rattle when driving along, a few wraps and fixed I have got a set of elise door pins which do fit properly but there is a chance you can lose washers down in the sill if you are unlucky, so wimped out! Interior is in good condition, not much wear on the leather, the door cards need sorting out but otherwise looks very good Also stuck some 'No Step' decals on the sills, any weight on those and your foot will go straight through! But after a few weeks ownership am loving it - the weather obviously helps and in winter it will probably be un-driveable but it is a fantastic piece of kit. It is about on par with a Zed accelerating but clearly the cornering is its strength. There is a £3k supercharge upgrade option which would make it blisteringly quick but really at the moment it has more than enough pace especially living in London! So apart from making it into a supercharged flying machine mods to do are: 1. More engine tidying, engine plates etc 2. Fezzus heater (guy on the VX220 forum who has built after market heaters which blow hot air!) 3. More interior tidying up, wrapping etc 4. Replace the V and badge on the front grill with the 'splam' option, again a forum member who builds replacements that simply clip on 5. Maybe powder coat the wheels black 6. Active subwoofer of the very thin variety Stay tuned
-
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
Haha I did think of you Steve when I was looking at red cars! Remember Ian working on yours last year when I popped over and thought actually I love red! -
Brake dust can hide marks or damage. If I were trying to sell these yes I would clean them up and make them look like they are worth the money!
-
Imagine what it was like for the Twingo or whatever that blue box is in the shot!
-
Drove by me on the outside lane, car looked like it had spent all morning being cleaned and polished
-
Very aggressive - although not sure why the side skirts rise towards the front? Looks a bit odd, although I am super OCD.
-
The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...
coldel replied to coldel's topic in Other Cars
It will be some sort of little and large show! Am very much enjoying the 'top down' experience at the moment with this sunshine. Just back from another drive out, hope the weather stays intact for next Sunday! Am pulling together my build thread as we speak lol