Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. You cant really go wrong with a Z4, common as muck though and cant corner for toffee, but decent engine on the 3 litre by all accounts. Enjoy!
  2. Yes defo wear a hat in a roadster! Otherwise you will end up dehydrated with a pounding headache lol
  3. I lived in Paris for a couple of years, unless you get there at very early o'clock the traffic is pretty bad. There is a "fast lane" road which runs alongside the river, you need to try get on that and make your way to the arrondissement 1 where your car park is, beware though as on Sundays between 8am and 2pm this road is closed to cars (and I believe right now the Paris plages is on which means the road closed for a month).
  4. Sounds a lot of money but I got a set and it really does transform the engine bay of the car
  5. am just up the road in Richmond, although Zedless now!
  6. Save up a bit more and get yourself a clean one - in the meantime head to some meet ups and get plenty of advice off owners.
  7. So glad to see it sorted out. Hats off to everyone involved for such a good job. See you on the Kent drive out end of the month!
  8. Ironically passed by a red 54 plate I think right outside The Owl pub. Silver one pulled out in front of me about 10 mins later Jaz plate!
  9. coldel

    carbon goodness

    Very nice - need carbon covers for water etc.
  10. Was it emotional? Was there tears? Reunions can be like that...
  11. coldel

    Number plates

    I had mine filled and sprayed, looked MILES better - also ended up putting a vinyl reflective plate on which looked brilliant (although I believe the legals on vinyl plates is a bit grey, if they pull you for it you will get told to switch it)
  12. I went last year with Darren/Colin was a brilliant day out.
  13. coldel

    My zed

    I am in the 'prefer the first one' camp too - everyone has their own tastes I guess!
  14. Whip out the brake pads and give the calipers a shake down? Sometimes excessive bumping can cause some rust etc to get lodged in there causing a noise. Get someone to stand outside the car and listen for the noise, when I had the bent brake shield issue I could have sworn it was on the front, it was only two weeks later and my brother listened as I drove by we realised it was at the back.
  15. OK, maybe we didnt establish here it handles better, but by default droptops have more flex in the chassis and like for like will not handle as good - unless you buy a 458 spider or something immensely engineered.
  16. Always a big call this - but I agree with most of the above, drive sensibly, make sure the seat is properly strapped in and fits the seat well, disable the airbag. Otherwise keep your child indoors at all times with ten bolts on the doors, anti earthquake measures in place, flood protection and a laser weapon to repel the inevitable invasion of aliens to keep your child safe...
  17. 'Clicky Axle' usually only happens when you pull away on first or reverse and you wouldnt normally get a scraping noise afterwards... You should do a quick check on the disc shields, they are large metal covers that sit inside the discs and can get bent and rub on the discs - get the car up on jacks and rotate the wheels to check - if it is that then its simply a case of a bit of elbow grease to bend them back again. There will be much more technical people along shortly to offer better advice im sure...
  18. Coupe looks better compared to the roadster when the roof is up, I really dont think that is in doubt despite the usual 'its a matter of taste' argument. Coupe handles better I think we have clearly established. I had a coupe and went over to see 350z Will and he took me out in his roadster and I have to say was slightly jealous, I even went home that evening and checked out prices! It is brilliant driving with the roof down, a totally different experience. Which I think therein lies your answer - what experience do you want? Handling and Looks vs the Convertible experience?
  19. What a star! Vinyl wrapping can be more difficult than people appreciate - so good that you can go along and get some help and pick up some pointers!
  20. Gtechnique absolutely destroys the opposition, very expensive but amazing at keeping wheels sealed and dust free, used it on my volks when I had the zed. Just make sure you don't spill that 15ml bottle you just bought for £30...
  21. Please explain Just my odd way of saying the same as everyone else. When we go in a cafe my mother-in-law will say "how can they charge £1.50 for a scone when I can buy them for £x". I than have to go through the time honoured process of saying about buying premises or paying the premium thereon, buying tables, chairs, cutlery, re-fitting, kitchen equipment, wages, rates, utilities, bank interest, stock, wastage, etc, etc. ...what about cups of tea, thats a tea bag and water and its two pounds something, for a brew! And since when have panini stopped making sticker collections and started making sandwiches?
  22. These bizarrely look quite good on Sams car
  23. Good luck with everything Ian, that is an absolute shocker and the sort of sh1t you don't need right now.
  24. A fleece!
  25. Not personally but some of the items have the same photos as here http://www.epracing.co.uk/Carbon-Accessories/Nissan/350Z/c-1-75-122-123/
×
×
  • Create New...