Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. +1 on what Will said, get your names down people if you dont already have these.
  2. I heard you might have met a VX owner or two there!
  3. aaaahhhh, missing two wheels and a lotus chassis
  4. If you are down south get over to Taras at RT he will wrap that lot properly for you. Utterly shocking job, if they think that what they are doing is a professional job then I should start up my own business I did a better job on my own interior.
  5. Very funny, hang on for the twin charging halfway through
  6. Thats more like it
  7. What? Has Dan's account been hacked? 'All valid points'? 'I dont think theres a right or wrong'? Whats that all about!
  8. Moving forwards 350z pictures should not be posted on here, its not the place for them...I guess is the upshot of it. Oh and its a nice friendly forum btw!
  9. The simple mods are the ones which are actually of more use to the majority on here
  10. If you can't post up pics of your 350z on 'the biggest 350z forum in the universe' then what can you do
  11. Looks great. Carbon Dipping is definitely the future!
  12. I think its fine to post up stock cars - they come in very different states of wear from showroom to tatty. Its also good to have a start point, my first mod was an aerial which I posted up on a build...next thing you know I had various bits of Stillen all over the car, vinyl wrapping and modifications to the BHP output. Also quite handy if someone else on the forum recognises the car as something they previously owned and can add some history to it. And a welcome message is all the more boring without a pic...and you always get the pic police come up with the smiley having a rant if you dont post one!
  13. coldel

    Anyone got these?

    I am astonished that people would want to nick £5 worth of dust caps - things must be desperate
  14. Nice if you got the room on the pavement - most around my way are on the road.
  15. And cycle lanes in the roads, plenty around here. Probably only on the pavement where the road just isn't justifiable (councils doing it cheap?). To be honest they shouldnt be on pavements at all, only takes a toddler to fall over and an oncoming cyclist will inflict serious damage.
  16. Cyclists are only classed as pedestrians when pushing or walking their bike, not when they are cycling on it (which is why its illegal to cycle on the pavement)
  17. Hmmm, we're all in the same basket though aren't we? As 84% of cyclists own cars anyway and all that. I've got 3 bikes and pay over £600 in VED every year, so I think i'm covered. Not to mention cyclists and every other person pay 20% tax every time they buy bike parts/cars/other goods. We all pay enough. I jumped red lights and all that when I was at uni in Bristol, Mostly it was to save time, as in that special way that overtaking people in the car sometimes gets me there 30 seconds faster. Obviously it's pointless in the grand scheme of things, but people still do it, and as a cyclist, you know you can get away with it. Strangely, I didn't always do it, a lot of the time I stopped at the lights like everyone else. It was just down to mood and perceived need I guess. Cycle lanes are too often a fudge, many take you too far out of your way, make it slower to get where you're going, or are blocked by cars or shitting dogs and their owners. The problem with cycling tests etc is that bikes and cyclists are far too numerous to be effectively tracked or monitored, so how would you ever do it cost-effectively? Make me glad to live up here though, cycling is a lot easier! Some interesting points above 1. Most cyclists already pay VED, so I agree there shouldnt be a road tax as such, but they should be insured 2. The middle paragraph is typical of most thinking of cyclists (and no dig at you AK) but yes cars over take to grab their 30 seconds back but that doesnt justify cycles going through red lights. Going through a red light is illegal, overtaking is not. Also cycle lanes do sometimes take you out your way, but so do lots of one way systems but as a driver you dont see them going the wrong way around it just to save time. I actually have no problem with a decent standard of cyclist using the road instead of a cycle lane, if they are of a decent standard - unfortunately its the cyclist who cant cycle straight, uses no road sense, undertakes cars and generally is a hazard on the road that drivers have a problem with when there is a perfectly viable cycle lane available. But seriously, not obeying the rules because they 'delay your journey' is not an excuse 3. If there was a financial incentive for enforcement officers to target cyclists to check for test passes/bike IDs etc then it would happen - unfortunately the law is not set up for that so it wont happen. In fact things like dangerous cycling (and subsequently accidents) and bike theft would all be reduced if a concentrated effort was put in
  18. Yeah the lycra is wrong in so many ways on a lot of cyclists, wish their nearest and dearest would point it out to them instead of inflicting certain views on other road users!
  19. And still think cyclists who dont own a driving licence should pass a knowledge test of the road. If you need to pass a theory test based around what road signs mean etc to drive a car, not sure why that isnt required for a cyclist. But then again that would really throw a spanner in the governments policies so it will never happen.
  20. Many more laws and enforcements in place to punish drivers, naff all in reality to punish cyclists. Probably a big reason why they do it.
  21. Yeah come on pull your finger out - pics required!
  22. The driving of cars is irrelevant if we are talking about cyclists. Yes there are bad drivers, but do all cyclists have to drive through red lights wrong way up one way streets and generally disregard the rules of the road because there are bad drivers? Not at all. Its not an excuse to cycle badly which the majority do. As I said before, there are bad drivers, but the number of these compared to bad cyclists is probably in the ratio of 1:10. The more cyclists take responsibility for their actions on the road in the way of undercutting and generally ignoring many road laws the better received they will be by drivers and vice versa. Unfortunately there are many more cyclists to convince of this than drivers.
  23. I used to be into cycling, when living in France I cycled from Cognac to Paris via La Rochelle for fun. But I have to say the behaviour of cyclists in France is way better than the UK. They obey the rules of the road, they stop at lights and dont use pavements as cut throughs where roads rules say you cant go. On gangzooms comments: 1. Yes some are crap some arent, but there are lots of cyclists who clearly are incapable of cycling above 5 mph and in a straight line, they should be in the cycle lane full stop 2. No havent personally been crashed into by 1.5 tonnes of metal, but if that is such a fear then it should be a massive motivating factor in not going through red lights, wrong way up one way streets and undercutting cars 3. London roads are horrible, I appreciate people ditching their cars and using bikes, I cycled to work a fair bit in London when living in Putney and all the time when living in Paris. London roads are not made for all these different forms of transport, they are really only suitable for the occasional horse and cart in all honesty but again it reiterates the importance of cyclists taking on responsibility for their behaviour, which clearly most do not I will reiterate it but most people I drive with are considerate, most cyclists aren't and almost feel like they have a point to make on the road. I remember on Lower Richmond road in Putney (designated a cycle super highway) where you can see hundreds of Sky Yellow jerseys swerving in and out of traffic all stopping at a red light, to the point I really thought something was wrong! Then I saw the coppers pulling a whole load of cyclists further up the road for jumping the light.
  24. Speeding does bother the people it kills I would say though - most drivers will turn on other drivers who drive like dickheads and really flout the law, so why are cyclists so surprised that they suffer the same fate when they do the same.
  25. I think the sad case of affairs are with cyclists is that if you see one stop at some lights you actually find it unusual and you do notice it. I would say in my experience in London at least 90% of cyclists go through red lights, wrong way on roads, on pavements etc. on a regular basis - yes drivers do speed in 30mph zones etc but no where near to the sheer degree and numbers that cyclists do. I think if they made more effort to be part of road traffic and follow the same rules as everyone else then they would not get the same angst from car users they currently do.
×
×
  • Create New...