Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Fortune Mazda RX7 though...
  2. Always pop this little article out when I see rising sun stuff, it looks 'cool' but worth knowing the history - I have a rising sun flag on my stick from when I climbed Mount Fuji, had a friend who is chinese/indian visit and found it really offensive! Having lived in Japan, they feel it means more than what WWII pushed it out as but for a lot of nations it is a symbol of WWII oppression! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rising_Sun_Flag
  3. The only reason they say that is because it doesnt sit with the theme of the show. Given the millions of modified cars that exist without going bang out there they can't truely believe the claims they make about them.
  4. Have to say I would have bought another Zed but due to the amount of money and time spent on the previous one, I just couldnt bring myself to start over Still love coming along to meets and looking over them - noticed a real shift to engine bling in the last year or so!
  5. Its got body coloured bumpers though
  6. Well if you are only talking two seater sports cars, then 'for the money' its up against the Audi TT, S2000, Z4, Boxster etc. All very good cars. Well TT is debateable. But 'for the money' you can get all sorts of really fantastic drivers cars - love my VX
  7. Still think Zeds look fantastic and loved going out driving in them - I would disagree with Clarkson's comments, actually I would also disagree with zippy that 'for the money its the best car on the road'
  8. Go for as low a mileage you can get in your budget with a good history of servicing receipts (stamps in a book mean naff all). Personally I wouldn't buy a high miler even with lots of service history simply because selling the car at a decent price quickly would be an utter ball ache. As with any used car purchase there are risks, its up to you to minimise the risks and lower miles is one of those you can minimise.
  9. Starts off very chavy, then to his credit puts together a rather comical car ad! http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/mazda/rx-7/eagle-thrust-death-panther-fighter-jet--black-edition/1592982#
  10. Did you want the weave pattern to go in opposite directions where it meets between the gear surround and the stereo surround?
  11. ...and I owe you brekkie for the roof cable Maybe an adjusted Kent route without the closed M25!
  12. Exactly. I mean lets think about it logically. Does Shell get first dibs on the good stuff, or is it more likely that the UK is supplied with fuel from distributors in exactly the same format within which each company adds their own additives then sells it on forecourts? Can these additives substantially change the power of the fuel? Course not, otherwise there would be huge claims all over the forecourts such as 'proven to be better than BP' - which there isn't. Does Tesco drill for and convert its own fuel? Or does it buy it from the same place BP or Shell or anyone else buys it from? Its 99% the same stuff on the whole - the rest are company specific additives and some very good marketing.
  13. Yeah you got a mention on the VX forum mate Need to organise another drive out soon...before the weather gets autumny.
  14. Echoing the above, lots of adverts where people say 'I only use Shell VPower' thinking that is a selling point. On one hand those that believe the marketing will help it sell, everyone else who knows there really is naff all difference in most super unleaded brands will not. Shell just happens to have good branding right now...
  15. coldel

    new rims

    Can't quite decide, would like them more in all silver I think
  16. SH1TE
  17. I know, I now call the wife's Ford Focus - 'the Van'
  18. Well a decent SC VX would 'beast' just about everything else you will meet on a track.
  19. Well at the moment its on par with a Zed, but like I say being sat in an airbagless (except for steering wheel) car made out of fibre glass and doing those speeds is pretty seat of the pants time. SC cars are track monsters really.
  20. Supercharged VXs are scary as hell mate - I did a few passenger rides and i was hanging on like you wouldnt believe. I do have an inkling to SC mine...so tempting...
  21. For me though its not the performance, its the drive...a hatch back still seems like I am sat upright in an office chair compared to a two seater.
  22. I bet Tarmac and co are taking note though
  23. Fortune RX7
  24. Not zed stuff but certainly a novel way of selling on ebay! http://www.ebay.com/sch/babenotincluded/m.html?item=120947529554
  25. Wicked, look sic rude boy.
×
×
  • Create New...