-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Not many of them about haha (in reference to previous debate on this thread and a comical dig at myself to a certain extent)
-
If you look a few posts above you will see I already acknowledged that, I was pointing out you where still getting RWD. I wouldn’t compare a VXR, ST or type R to the GT86 although they would all leave it looking daft in a straight line, you would like to think the GT86 would make it up in the corners plus RWD is much more fun the FWD. Compared to a Zed, Z4 or Evo x (more than 2 seats) all in the same price bracket, it doesn’t win anything at all. Maybe the windows go up faster than theirs? Not asking you to agree but I will judge you if you buy one But it is different!
-
20bhp is optimistic, i did a milltek, berks and plenum and got 17 which was apparently a good return on bhp. If you are chasing numbers, supercharge.
-
Trunk Monkey Upgraded
-
That will be a point of issue - that someone buying this will expect 'bad ass' body kit and the like and ignore the engineering involved.
-
Within this sample frame we aren't, in the grand scheme of things, we are
-
I agree. Its just one of those traits some people have. I find it hard to understand why someone would buy a car that everyone else has. I get your question, I guess the same thing could be said of two cars identical performance in every way except one looks the same as all the other cars in the road, one looks different. What would you go for? Back on topic though...have to say despite all our ideas, the 370 looks a decent bet! Not that I would go for it
-
Haha excellent, can't wait to see it in action !
-
Higher BHP would be more expensive so the 200 BHP one but your question is unrealistic if you want a more realistic version I had the dilemma of turbo VX and NA VX which is slower, I went for the slower one because the higher power one is turbo and not a drive style I prefer. If you want a 'formula' you can't simply add performance numbers - otherwise why do people buy an Aygo over a used Evo? When buying cars I have a formula that looks something like: Performance x20% + Fun x20% + Uniqueness x25% + Driveability x10% + Modability x25% A 911 owner might have something that looks like: Performance x50% + Drivability x35% + Allroundability x15% Which is why it would appear ridiculous for someone to buy something which from a performance perspective is so much inferior. In addition, performance can be measured easily using stats we see everyday. Fun? Fun is a personal thing. Uniqueness can mean many different things from colour, number of seats, country of origin, availability. I didn't say I disagree with the 911 owners, I just offered up a reason as to why people sometime veer away from going with whats 'on paper' the best.
-
But that's the point, I don't feel a car I buy is inferior because it doesn't look like every other car out there. Its one of the 'factors' that we all build into what we consider important points of buying a car. So many people think that one car is better than another because its 0-60 time is half a second quicker but really on the road, it makes no difference at all. Top speeds are pretty pointless in the same instance, one does 190 one does 175 so what? We all have our checklists, its just that for some people having a more unique car is equal in weight and important to making it a good car as a great 0-60 sprint.
-
Exactly thats your opinion and a very valid one. Another opinion is that cars are as personal to someone as they are to themselves. I want people to be able to recognise my car as easily as recognising me. I want to have something different from the crowds. I just want to be original. Which is why some people veer away from the endless BMWs and Audi's that sit on UK roads and forge their own way with something a bit different. But thats their valid opinion too
-
+1 on Supernatural, stunning stuff, photo of it just buffed off below Use it on my VX and used it on my Zed previously.
-
My wife's parents live in Worthing, so we dropped the little 'un off with them and spent the night in a B&B close-by just to have a bit of time out (Hanger Down House on Priory Lane). But yes we go to Arundel probably 3 or 4 times a year. I actually let her drive the VX for the first time the following morning as the roads are so quiet around there, she loved it!
-
VXR8?
-
Not denying older cars are reliable! I had a 2004 Zed, now a 2002 VX. But be I doubt if someone has £25k in the bank for a car, they would spend half of that and then swallow high running costs. Maybe they will, we will see, but if I wanted a car that had low running costs that would mean low costs regardless of how much it cost me in the first place.
-
I mean fuel and the like, road tax, potential to go wrong if you get a wrong 'un is higher with older cars. Don't get me wrong, my car is 11 years old! But you are adding the risk there there that your hard earned is going to to get eaten up by some hidden beast in an old Range Rover rather than invested in a newer car.
-
TBH if I spent 10k on a car I wouldn't want to be spending more than the value of it keeping it on the road though The old V8 Range Rovers are going to cost you an arm and a leg to keep a dated car on the road. Prefer to get something newer and more efficient and spend my budget.
-
Reasonable running costs!
-
Hurrah! I saw you twice that evening actually. We walked into and out of town. Vauxhall was parked just around the corner at the B&B, going fantastically well, still haven't driven it more than 50% capability, it still scares the crap out of me!
-
...but a lot easier to prove on this occasion - no need for a Sunday red top undercover operation http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24029055
-
"Reasonable Running Costs" would rule out a Ferrari I would have thought.
-
Where in London? Have a nose at the meets section on the site as we are trying to get a South East meet set up for the 22nd
-
I would agree with the comments on M3s and Audi's etc, they are pretty much the same body shape as a bog standard car plus some slight bumper changes and bigger wheels, for me not a big enough deviation to set them apart from the crowd. Quite easy to get a sporty 3 series and an M3 mixed up if it drove by at 30mph. You will just blend into the rest of the rep mobiles. Two seaters certainly start to set you apart as they are impractical in our currently impoverished world - thats already a fairly big step away - but then you get a section of those which are pretty common such as the Porsches which people will plump for because its a decent package and is a 'safer' bet from a driving point of view. I have gone a bit more extreme and bought something which is not that much short from a pure track car for the road in the VX, I was sat between a 911 and a new shape Boxster in traffic the other day in Richmond and no one was batting an eyelid at the grey Porsches but looking and pointing at the low slung red car in the middle of them (although that could be a bad thing ) *note that i know porsches have more than two seats but you get the point!
-
I like to stand out from the crowd a bit - hence the Zed purchase in the first place - and now the VX. I just cant get along with Porsche due to the sheer numbers that are around.