-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Not just the zed boys - any sports car is fair game for a bit of Nova-dose racing. R33 was the worst, every Ford/Vauxhall on the road want to go a bit Fast and Furious on my ass.
-
Never understood why Peanuts and Butter put together would appeal to people...weirdos. Garlic, Bread
-
I suggested some time back (just before buying the R33) about getting one of these as a fun car and I think it was Ricey who raced onto the thread and said I would be an effin jeffin chav if I got one
-
Had something similar on the GT4 forum, a guy put up a post offering to sell an alu undertray, I already had a wanted ad up and another member immediately posted onto the sale thread (which had no price) that I was looking - I PM'd the guy, he offered a price, I accepted it and asked for Paypal details at around 8pm then nothing, next morning I look back on the sale thread and around the same time I asked for paypal details some other member (who had seen I had posted up a wanted ad, had posted a 'PMd you response' so blatently wasn't in there first) had offered £20 more than what the seller offered to me at. Basically the seller offered it then changed his mind when he got a better offer. Actually glad it fell through as I am going to get an OEM undertray now but blatent gazumping happens on there - glad there is much better forum etiquette on here.
-
I switched to specialists a few years back after taking the somewhat more lazy option of the online quoters up to that point - never looked back - better cover and better prices, its a no brainer.
-
As above, best could be anything. Stick with your standard box and a decent drop in panel filter for performance (with an uprev) - otherwise I had a Stillen on mine which comes with its own housing which looks great in the engine bay and affords some level of heat protection.
-
[SOLD] 2003 Supercharged Nissan 350Z GT coupe (436Bhp)
coldel replied to GMballistic's topic in Zeds For Sale
Good luck with the sale mate, stunning car and that gauge heaven photo a fair few hundred quids worth of Defi's there alone. Hope it all goes through ok and helps towards the house, sold my Zed under similar circumstances but doesn't take long to get back into sports car ownership! -
Ah ok, but I would assume that its not linear as heat increases are not linear as power increases? So therefore a single % figure cannot work? So assume 10% loss 200bhp would mean 20bph loss vs 400bhp meaning 40bhp loss, but that assumes that its twice as hot, which I wouldnt have thought is true?
-
Have you actually heard a C63 on full chat? If youre telling me this is a boring monotonous sound then you need your hearing checked: The first one is enough but thats 7 minutes if anyone fancies some background music Everything like this is subjective of course, everyone has an opinion - but have to say Steve its hard to say that a C63 is monotone or boring I really would like to know what you consider a better sound? I for instance think a 911 sounds like a wet fart but others think it sounds amazing.
-
I was going to say, you generally get what you pay for in this world and the 'stang at that price new seems a bit too cheap. I did drive a new M5 just out of interest last year and it was incredible - always struck me of the more discerning owner an M5 than an M3
-
Is the evo 4wd hence the power loss at 70-80? Reason I ask is why does the OP assume its a % loss? Why would you lose more power in bhp terms if you had a more powerful engine? I am no expert by any means but my limited understanding would be that you lose x amount of BHP but that would be a single figure?
-
I presume the holes and grooves reduce heat, so making the brakes more effective - very hot pads with flat discs are not very useful. I went with grooved in the end I think, not sure how 'robust' metal is with holes punched through it? I got some Black Diamond discs and pads from Cougar Store and did the job just fine.
-
..he also says 'might be missing a few bits'
-
Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....
coldel replied to Wasso's topic in Member Build Projects
..I thought Darren was just jesting -
Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....
coldel replied to Wasso's topic in Member Build Projects
...all for just two extra cylinders -
Pow! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VQ_engine#VQ20DE
-
I am a bit average with spanners but fitted one myself - just look up the torque settings for refitting the plenum bolts - you just take the top off, put in the plenum and refit. If you want someone to do it, ask a friendly local on here or its probably an hours work at a garage? It won't make any difference to the car without the remap as the ECU will reset itself. You can drive it fine therefore before any remap, but to make use of it, you need it remapped i.e. an uprev (circa £300 for the licence I think) RS Tuning I think in Leeds does the remap with uprev.
-
Welcome dude but...
-
The whole idea of forum superiority is laughable though. Supra owners who laugh at Celicas as being underpowered etc (not biting or being bitter honest!) just really miss the point that people buy cars for what they are and love them because of what they do for them. Yes a supra 3 litre twin turbo is going to be fast than a 2 litre turbo - but then by that reasoning, if I supercharged my VX220 am I then allowed to go on there and tell them how their outdated, heavy, straight-line bullies are so prehistoric they need putting down? Unfortunately some people get so precious about their marque - sometimes you get individuals but sometimes it emanates from an entire forum. Have to say the reason I keep posting on here and have left many other forums behind is that generally its so accepting of a plastic posh guy living in lurverly Richmond-upon-thames (but is actually from a council estate in Dagenham) without prejudice
-
VX Forum was pretty rem aggressive when it wanted to be - people on there were a lot of track guys so if you were not doing that you were not really involved. When I dared to say VXs were more expensive than I thought they would be I was abused to high heaven and had numerous people call me a troll etc - oh look, I bought one, I was the bigger man and didn't point that out when I bought my car. The 300x forum is pay as well for PMs - I ended up paying £20 to PM someone for a really promising car (it turned out to be a write off which he forgot to mention on the ad) so ended up £20 out of pocket without actually buying a 300zx Celia Owners Club is £20 a year also, mind you do get a membership pack of goodies, although I won't see this for another 4 months as they are so far behind on sending them out. When I asked if I could have a reduced fee and forget the membership pack I was met with a wall of silence. It is all a little 'grey' though - all these paid forums don't seem to offer anything over say this one in terms of events or extras for example (as Docwra rightly said it can't go on staff fees) I would like to see where the money is going. I have pretty heard stories from credible sources about money being used inappropriately which is sad to hear.
-
Do note that you can get copper core plugs for a fraction of the price which perform exactly the same as iridium - iridiums last longer but that's all Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Nooooo FFS some people - at least you escaped unscathed? Most importantly. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Well that didn't work! Guess I am going to have to take off the head unit/check all the wiring - such a PITA
-
Cheers, off to do it, v excited!
-
Hey chaps and chapettes Not very good with electricals and all that so just looking for some advice. My car already has all the leads needed for a sub and amp wired through to the boot (power, remote, ground, rcas) bought an amp/sub combo and it has the power/rem/ground wires but going into a plastic box that plugs straight in the back of the amp Am I ok to literally connect the three wires already in the boot to the three wires leading into the plastic connector box? Only reason I ask is that the power cables look different quality will that have an impact for the power?