Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. coldel

    GT-Four

    Yes the job Will did was great, done a few bits with him now and very impressed. Aluminium bonnet as well just to make things more interesting to repair. I was 90% leave as is, 10% change it - I think you both just confirmed what I was thinking, keep as
  2. coldel

    GT-Four

    Yes been chatting with the guys on the forums about the springs, apparently it does stiffen up a bit but not substantially over the ones I have at the moment (aftermarket KYB ones which have about 1000 miles on them). Apparently handling changes much more for the better though - think I will give it a go, and if it really is bad I got my nearly new KYBs that could go back on in the long term, its not a permanent mod.
  3. coldel

    GT-Four

    Well in case you missed it on Paycos thread, got the car back from TGM and bonnet looks amazing. Builders who dropped the slate tiles on the bonnet paid out in full up front in cash which made life a bit easier sorting it out! In terms of next steps...umming and urring about RTP putting a front lip on the car and gave me a good price for it, but something about me is saying keep it looking a bit more standard, most Fours on the forum have the same front lip mod and I am thinking keeping it as is to be that little bit different and original That said, car is booked in with South Coast Motors on the 28th for some Tein springs to go on and drop the car around 37mm front and back. Also trying to work out how to add some bass to the sound system, thought underseat speaker would be the best way but thinking it won't sound quite so good as a compact active box with 10 inch sub. Oh the choices!
  4. Good luck pal, we just sold our rental flat in London as wanted to free up some funds, we were very lucky in that we got a polish couple move in who stayed there for 7 years! They even replaced the old carpet with premium wood flooring FOC for us and insulated the loft!
  5. Very bizarre noise! I installed a motordyne spacer and didn't torque down the plenum bolts hard enough and it made a whizzing noise, a suitable tighten around the bolts soon sorted it. But yes sounds like a leak somewhere, you should need sealant but do make sure everything is tightened down properly.
  6. coldel

    uprev

    I doubt a plenum spacer would gain you 10bhp although I have never seen individual mods dyno tested. But as I mentioned previously, you haven't actually gained 10bhp overall, thats your peak gain, between 1500 and 5000 rpm you have gained on average around 0-5bhp. You have gained around 10bhp between 5000-6000 rpm though so when revving high up the range you will have gotten around a 4% increase in power but lower than 5000 rpm you will have a power increase so small you won't notice.
  7. Was thinking of attaching it to the back of the rear seats, so would sit in the boot still but not intrude into the limited boot space
  8. coldel

    uprev

    I think that's what Mark at Abbey quoted Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Boom Boom!
  10. Anyone installed an active underseat sub - how did it perform vs your expectations? Something like this maybe http://caraudiosecurity.com/liteair-optisound-8a-active-900w-shallow-mount-sub-box I don't really want a big box in my boot, even though there is space, actually think it might be good to just bolt one of these into the boot somewhere?
  11. Bargain! Going to order that
  12. coldel

    uprev

    D'oh, course! Still looks a bit odd - either the ecu was running pretty much on a better map already as the area difference between the two lines on BHP is not very big at all? In fact no difference below 5000 rpm?
  13. coldel

    uprev

    Is that after remap or just a dyno following bolt ons? I must admit I am slightly confused by this, what is it a dyno of, post map? Seems like you were going in at a very low base in terms of BHP with only any noticeable gains above 5000 rpm if I am reading this correctly?
  14. Sure I saw some strange lines in the bodywork there...you should get it looked at Only joking pal, super stuff CANNOT wait to see this for real!
  15. coldel

    uprev

    There is a dyno thread you should post on there
  16. The proverbial hens teeth of the japanese wheel world, someone should dive in now whilst they can.
  17. But with what wheels is the question The way he's going he'll turn up with a different wheel on each corner But the same tyres so ticks the Ekona box
  18. Seems to be missing its Nismo rear spoiler... Aftermarket all day - its got a mix of stuff all over it and you got a dealer that is taking a bit of a punt.
  19. And if the windows don't work make sure you check to see if the window lock switch is off before pulling the door cards off and ordering spare parts As the guys said lots of threads on this...for me top 3 pros = cheap entry to genuine V6 GT car territory, well built car and engine, great styling for what is now a 10 year+ car. 3 cons = lardy and not as chuckable as you might be used to, not much scope for tuning and what you can do is pretty expensive for what you get back and it has a daft boot
  20. Cue the slate jokes! At least I didn't just go out on the tiles with the money they paid me No Alfie this time at the Woodman, too much chasing around and I can stay for food then
  21. Thanks for asking mate, Will at TGM worked his magic, you would never know...and the builders paid up in cash up front
  22. Looks amazing, although you set the bar VERY high with your previous bay and have to say prefer the previous one - but know what you mean, the desire to constantly be tinkering does get the better of you!
  23. MEGJUNE15 will get you 20% off
  24. Petrolhead nirvana this week Daz!
  25. Happy birthday matey
×
×
  • Create New...