-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Welcome Tom, I would imagine there are some serious petrolheads on here who would be VERY interested!
-
Its almost as bad a feeling as waiting for your exam results or something - bizarre isn't it, just waiting to be handed a potentially huge bill! Try owning a 20 year old car and waiting for MoT time...
-
Yeah saw that, I want to keep the vent open though in normal operation, when sat in traffic you can see the amount of heat it releases from the engine bay, I don't want to block the vent off from the inside but want to be able to cover it if we have say a full days downpour of rain. I still have the original plastic drip tray in emergency and takes just a minute to clip back on but means opening the bonnet.
-
If you look closely on the last pic, you can now see in through the vent and see all the red pipework and HKS blow off valve - looks quite cool - will need to fabricate a plastic cover though for when the bad weather comes back The guys are based in Emsworth near Portsmouth, if any of you southern lot need some work done they are open 7 days a week and well priced, very competent and love their cars.
-
A good morning spent at the South Coast Workshop with Mike and Barry - few jobs done and car is much improved! https://www.facebook.com/southcoastworkshop Turned up at 7:45am and treated to a hot cuppa and a tour around Barry's rather special GT-4. Then spent many an hour gassing with Mike about cars and life as Barry did his stuff - first up the Tein Springs: Does involve removing the whole leg of the strut - actually when we had the fronts out the bearing in the front strut tops literally fell apart! Guys had a set spare so they went on also. Whilst the car was up in the air I thought I would grab a snap of the underbelly, no rust, good signs I received a set of bonnet lifters just this week I ordered in from overseas, so the guys kindly fitted those along with removing the original insulation and drip tray from under the bonnet The noise is TREMENDOUS, the insulation must really have been muffling the BOV as its now whooshing and generally the noises are all good and plenty of theatre. Car was then dropped down and backed out the garage for 'that moment' where I check the height and decide if I had done the right thing - and it was a resounding yes from an aesthetic point of view Made a big difference to the handling, car has less roll in all directions, a flatter turn in, actually the stiffer ride just makes for a more sporty drive - love it! Also whilst looking the car over Barry confirmed that the body kit is genuine TRD Great day with the guys at the workshop - super friendly, really helpful, they certainly know their Jap cars, they had a very nice S15 Silvia in which was undergoing an RB engine conversion
-
Steve, you are such a tease
-
Kind of like it from the mid section back, front is a bit grey-plasticky - funny though the concept illustrations look like that, on the same page is a link to 'spy shots' and the actual car looks somewhat less sharp. Hmmmm 6/10 from me.
-
Just as an aside this should still be working...just in case http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/98637-megs-official-uk-site-discount-code/
-
Isnt there a limit on the chat room occupants? I would imagine it would be quite a banterous place if you let in say 30 people at once! I went in once, Keyser was in there, I have never been back since...
-
Yes as above browse the forum sections and you will see endless ideas on what to do - loads of 'how to ..' guides as well if you like a bit of DIY. First mod is a stubby aerial if it doesn't already have one In terms of your import, you have two options, buy a speedo converter and fit it - kits are usually around the £30 mark I think. Means removing the dash etc. Or you can ask a company to fabricate a speedo cover and just put it over your existing one so the needle still moves around at the same speed but the read out is in mph (so you might have 240kmh at the moment or something but your new read out on the dash is 160mph) which some imports I have seen have done. Converter is usually the best way and how most import companies will do it.
-
Hey from Richmond Surrey
-
WANTED: CD009 gearbox low mileage or reconditioned
coldel replied to Boulderman1988's topic in Wanted
Have to say wish I had gone this route, I thought the gearbox on my Zed was pretty un-sporty and clunky. Especially now having experienced the manuals in the VX and GT4 which are much sharper, shorter and tight, didnt have the play in them like the Zed. -
I guess there are more people that don't make claims each year than do - so the more people you have taking out a particular type of insurance means I would think means more positive outcomes which means you can be more price competitive. Imagine for example flipping it, only 1 person taking out 3rd party only insurance in the UK, if you don't charge them £10k theres a small to reasonable chance you could be in for a big loss on that type of insurance product with it hedged against just one person. There is also the fact that the insurance business runs on such old calculation models and has so many quirks in it that half the time they don't care if it all comes up odd as long as at the end of the day their business makes a profit.
-
If there is no profit, then a private company would not want to run it so it would become a government operation under the DVLA type thing?
-
See quite a few in Richmond - grey 370z in the mornings going past the station, blue 350z roadster with DAN or something on the number plate, two black 350z's parked a couple of streets away
-
What a simply BRILLIANT car for the money - a few people on here looking at the moment, they should take the time to go see this it looks a stunner.
-
Above. Pics required! Welcome!
-
I completely steer clear of mainstream insurers now - they are just idiots pressing buttons with no idea what they are talking about. The specialists at least try to engage with customers, understand 'our business which we are paying them for' and speak to you with the intention of trying to win your business rather than seeing you as just another number in a long line of numbers.
-
Well done mate, feel free to buy every contributor on the thread a beer
-
Nothing is perfect and can always be improved
-
Thats your opinion, others won't agree...doesn't make them (or yourself wrong) - the ratings though do not make the people that think its tired wrong either, it just means lots of people want to watch TG for what it is, I am sure if you ran a survey of all viewers you would not get 100% of them saying that the show is 100% correct and in fact might find a majority would replace at least one element of the show. For the record, I really didn't have an issue with JC, I thought he deserved not to continue for being an utter idiot by getting drunk and punching a work colleague and in most jobs you would be dismissed for gross misconduct, but I thought he was a reasonably good presenter and clearly better than the other two.
-
You are assuming what you find entertaining is what everyone else should find entertaining though...you might bellow and laugh out loud and feel great about watching three guys do something daft whilst someone else might find it just stupid and a waste of time. I think what Dan means is that the reviews of cars on TG tend to be silly camera angles, prewritten funny lines and analogies and very little detail on the car itself - TG focus on making it a visual spectacle and some people are ok with not actually learning anything of any detail about the car and just enjoy the videography. I don't think Dan means to turn TG into a 60 minute documentary but to improve the reviews...although correct me if I am wrong.
-
You could be right, but it was too late, I had gotten into the habit of not bothering to switch it on and only the change of presenter has made me consider otherwise. I guess I wanted to see car based entertainment and when they spent over half of a show doing stuff like getting army equipment to smash up a building it really was getting to the point where it felt like they couldn't take the show any further forwards, lost the point of the show and my loyalty started to wane.
-
I keep repeating JP I am not against specials not sure why you keep saying that? I cited an example that I am bored of the special with a 'car racing public transport' idea which got trotted out series after series, I want to see something else - I want to be entertained by a special that is innovative, new and exciting. It really felt like the old presenters were never going to deliver that so I lapsed out the programme. There is tonnes of 'motoring' material out there untapped - is it up to me to say what I want to see, not really, because then it would be predictable for me - I want to be entertained, surprised, delighted and that wont be material I could possibly think up. I was not getting that in the old format as it was predictable and eventually got dull and I had better things to do for an hour. I guess some people like to watch the same format over and over but personally I don't. But that's just my opinion.