-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Nissan Fairlady 350Z Auto, 11,000 Miles
coldel replied to GrahameJ's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Yes thats the same as with any company like Torque GT or JM Imports as I understand it, they purchase the car in Japan, I put down a depost (£500) then I have the right to reject or get repairs done by them if it arrives in a different state to what it was in when it was bought in Japan, are Japautoagent not taking the responsibility here then? -
I bought a carbon race bike when living in France, cycled across France on it on my own, brought it with me when I moved back to the UK and sold it a couple of years back. So have plenty of views on cyclists which I think are reasonably valid. Interestingly, in France they have built all across Paris those bike lanes as in the picture shown a few posts back, however it introduces pedestrians to the equation as the bus stops are all road side so people have to step into the bike road/lane, the amount of accidents I saw was unreal. However what was more true of France and indeed Europe is that people on bikes cycle slower and are not so intent on breaking PBs which on the whole is really a big UK problem for me. Here anyone on a fast bike is intent on getting to their destination in the shortest possible time regardless of what laws are in place on the road. There is a crossroads next to a local pub and I have sat there and watched the majority (over 80%) of cyclists just cycle right through. Either by cutting across empty parts of road or just mounting the pavement and using the pedestrian crossings. In the UK its normal behaviour for cyclists to change direction regularly in moving traffic, this is hugely dangerous as there is no indication and they are weaving distances of 5-10 times their bikes size across traffic putting them into different positions around cars less than a second apart, it makes it almost impossible for drivers to know where they are as no one can check mirrors or blind spots that regularly. There are many pavement based bike lanes in place near me, none of which are used by the race going cyclist as it affects this PB they are going for on the way to work or the like so prefer to cycle on narrow roads causing traffic after a million pounds of taxpayers money has been spent on a cycle lane on the pavement. Sure, there are bad drivers, but they account for a small percentage of drivers, there are bad cyclists and they account for a huge percentage of cyclists and the main reason I stopped cycling altogether. There are three things I hated as a cyclist in the UK: 1. The rain 2. The wind 3. Other cyclists If I moved back onto the continent though I would happily purchase myself another bike and get back in that saddle.
-
Nissan Fairlady 350Z Auto, 11,000 Miles
coldel replied to GrahameJ's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Good words of advice from Mudman there - all I remember when talking to importers was that I had the right to reject up to the moment I signed on the dotted line and took the keys off them at their office in the UK. Take MMs advice and dont accept the car as is. -
Nissan Fairlady 350Z Auto, 11,000 Miles
coldel replied to GrahameJ's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Exactly, until you take receipt its as bought in Japan. Are they sure it happened in the shipyard and not elsewhere? -
Apparently when overtaking bikes you are meant to give a cars sized gap to go past - but clearly that reduces the overtake opportunity if they are doubled up as you have parked cars or the like on the other side. I am sure on many a cycling forum they rant about idiotic car drivers who think they own the road etc...clearly they are all wrong though, but entitled to their wrong opinion.
-
Not only arrested but now charged http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-33985435
-
75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain......and a little more
coldel replied to Ebized's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Ah brings back memories eh Colin -
You should hear my GTFour Yes hear a gt4 is good .... To look at a gt4 on the other hand ...in the eye of the beholder mate
-
You should hear my GTFour
-
Now, we just need the justice system to deliver justice (I know, its a big wish but hey)...no 4 week jail term suspended for 2 years, no 100 hours community service. 1 month in the slammer with a commitment to pay back the money.
-
My bonnet is aluminium and very light, not as light as carbon, but does 'move' in the wind. Also, I want to be showy
-
Wish I had the luxury of a drive...mine is parked out on the road!
-
...when you have lifters on your bonnet and you use a strap of some kind to secure the bonnet to the car so it only opens around halfway...what straps are people using and where do you buy them?! I have seen lanyard types, as well as solid bars etc. Have no idea what they are technically called, hence the vague headline!
-
I am just astonished at peoples mentality, clearly he needs some psychiatric help. Even when I was a pauper student I didnt look at other peoples cars and go 'oh thats not fair, here take this' I just cannot for the life of me understand why people do this. Also, that I don't think they really understand just how expensive it is to fix. Actually makes me think of getting a cam installed.
-
So many times car owners have to take on huge repair bills, these idiots who clearly do this out of malice should be found and forced to pay back the bill and more http://news.sky.com/story/1537196/search-for-man-who-keyed-aston-martin-on-cctv The more we see news stories of deliberate vandalism like this and people getting (hopefully) caught the more of a deterrent it will be
-
My 350Z arrives from Japan this week. It's a rust free Zed with 11,000 miles on the clock, You might find it difficult to get an low mileage example like that in the UK.I bought the 2004 Nissan Fairlady 350Z Auto, 11,000 Miles via Paul Bowden at JapAutoagent in the UK. He has been very helpful in trying to get me what I wanted. http://japautoagent.com/ Tel 01625 560505 and ask for Paul. You can mention me if you like. You can see a video of the car at: I presume you are going to lock this away in a museum then - have you imported purely because you wanted a low miler?
-
What do you want to import? Its a good point Grunders made. You wouldnt import a 350z really as there are loads here available you can look over yourself.
-
Torque GT and JM Imports have good reputations to import. I almost imported a 300zx this year, I saw one on JM site and emailed Jurgen at 10pm, he responded straight away, the guy never sleeps. In terms of the money you pay them, it is well worth it in terms of avoiding hassles. They will get the car looked over in Japan, handle all the paperwork, get the car converted and prepped on arrival and pay all taxes etc - you just hand over the cash, get a rust free car, and drive it away.
-
Good photos - the mk1 elise is really ageing well, looks fantastic
-
I bought one of these in the end http://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/powered-subwoofer-boxes45/swe-815 absolutely stunning performance for something that is small but suits my needs completely!
-
Not sure if the red bull was tongue in cheek, but I remember a few years back the AA etc warning against drinking this stuff on long distance trips. Caffeine keeps you awake but your body still fatigues, there were a number of incidents where people thought they were fine guzzling red bull then just literally passed out at the wheel as their bodies gave out. Ideally, take the breaks as and when you feel your body tell you to take them. /endoldmandaddycomment
-
...I would say 95% of threads started across all the sub forums have been started before in one form or another - so by that rationale we should have no more than 3 new threads per day. What a boring world it would be In fact, I do remember a thread which listed out things which people always post new threads about, it ended up with tonnes of subjects on there I have seen reposted tens of times since.
-
The police are not demonizing car meets at all, they are simply charging people for driving like utter idiots and hopefully preventing them killing innocent people in the process. Too right they are charging a driver for doing 58mph in a lower speed zone who was driving the wrong way around a roundabout. Its actually these types of drivers that are creating a bad reputation for car meets, not the police. Take their licences away, impound the cars and let people more interested in cars than speeding at more than x2 the speed limit get on with having safe fun car meets.
-
i think 330 Mile range is more than acceptable its the charging time even 30 minutes from tesla super charger is to much My view is that a person that can afford a 90k car is probably doing quite well for themselves. So say they are a sales account manager at an IT firm. They need to drive to a customer site for a business meeting, if they live in Berkshire they cannot drive further North than Nottingham if they want to come back the same day. If I were going that far I would get the train?
-
To be fair, he isn't slating petrol driven cars, just that electric ones are now well on par in terms of performance (albeit expensive ones) - the article does nod towards the fact that the petrol cars are much more theatrical and that we should make the most of them whilst we can - lets face it, the world seems intent on killing off ICE cars for electric/public transport - funnily enough was chatting with my neighbour the other day as he is an MD of a clean energy firm and I agreed most people that don't give a jot about how they get from A-B will buy slow cheaper electric cars but those who drive for fun will certainly garage up those old ICE cars!