Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Cheers pal will have a go at this during the week!
  2. Sorry just to confirm, you can reinstall just parts of your file system from a time machine back up?
  3. Yes would Time Machine everything first, then I think I would just copy back documents, movies, music and reinstall regular used software. I just think there are tonnes of files that sit there unused and undeletable that slow the whole thing down. The hard drive failed last year, so got it replaced and had it back to original spec upon which I used time machine to get everything back, before I did that realised how slow it had got when I used it from scratch again...
  4. I think every new member has this same little heart attack moment, I remember mine occurred outside RT Performances old Brentford workshop, I was there panicking like some sort of plonker and Taras rocks up, has a quick look, says its air-con and wanders off with me left pulling myself together after thinking that some pipes had burst on the car
  5. Probably been addressed somewhere but cannie be bothered to trawl through - but my 6 year old macbook pro is running slow now, I have various time machine back ups, software installed such as photoshop etc, I am almost wishing I could start over and just install the few bits of software I need (as I am sure over the years I have loads of junk piled up on the machine) - whats the best way to achieve this?
  6. I really do not like rugby, yes I am a footy guy and the two sports are so different to me that I just cannot enjoy rugby for all the stop start one directional play that happens. But hey thats just my view. Anyway I succumbed and went with my mate to watch the game last night, nearly went to the fanzone in Old Deer Park but changed our minds and just went to our local, probably the last time in a long while I watch rugby again - it was really painful viewing not just the score but even from my untrained eye the England team looked all at sea as if they were playing this game for the first time. It was also evident that I didn't actually know any names of any of the players, yet I can recall Jonny Wilkinson, Jeremy Guscott, Rob Andrew, Will Carling, Martin Johnson over the years when I occasionally watched rugby, it was almost as if we used to have standout players who were game changers but the team I saw last night didn't seem to have anyone capable of stepping up to the plate in the way those guys would.
  7. Good work Dan, seems like you are almost there with it, bad luck with the kerb action!
  8. Photos...come on Dan pull your finger out!
  9. I really wish one day, we could ALL meet up for real and realise what a nice bunch of folk we really all are, I realise Wales gets close but obviously not anywhere near the total combined contributing member count in terms of attendees, but have the sweaty scots meet the cornish carrot crunchers meet the southern softies meet the northern monkeys meet the nature loving welsh meet whats left over and just have a jolly good laugh at some of the stuff we have bantered on about over the years! ...yes, I have just got in from the pub, yes everyone is my best friend, and yes I finished work at 3pm today
  10. Try going onto other car forums and see how badly they are run - GT4OC is a farce, all sorts of stuff going on there. Wasted membership money left right and centre, a trading section they spent ages setting up that doesnt work nor do they administer it. Its painful.
  11. I have been on this forum I think 5 years now, and I have to say my experience of it has not been degraded in any shape or form by not knowing why someone has been banned
  12. coldel

    2003 350GT

    Certainly, different
  13. Placebo FTW
  14. It needs to be a viable opposition though, banging a big drum and shouting about all the things that should be done just splits opinion, he needs to get people at the least nodding in his direction even if they don't like labour or him. We all hate Dan but we give him the nod when he talks tyres Making sweeping comments like lets nationalise the rail network doesn't help, its never going to happen even if he got in as the money isn't there and the owners are not wanting to sell anyway - I would certainly take him more seriously if there was something more rational that makes some sort of financial sense although appreciate this is more centre and also less likely to get the headlines but hey.
  15. Would be surprised if you saw this (sorry if that sounds somewhat off!) given that you haven't changed the map on the car? Happy for some of the knowledgables to come along and tell me otherwise, just never heard of a noticable change in mpg by changing an air filter?
  16. You got better mpg off an aftermarket air filter By how much? How did you measure it?
  17. 30-70 is the stat you want though...which is probably where the torque makes a big difference.
  18. Its two or three hundred quid each time out of my pocket though, not worth going via insurance for the 12 inch key marks that have been laid on it. I have been jinxed with the GT4 though, a month after buying it a load of tiles flew off a neighbours house which was undergoing work and landing on my bonnet - £700 later although I didn't pay that one. I do get unwanted attention though from pedestrians, it is a LOUD car and looks outlandish, I accelerated quite briskly up to 30mph and went past a pedestrian glaring at me waving his hand up and down in that 'slow down' motion the other day. Even though the white SUV in front of me drove off into the distance he ignored that and gestured at me just because in his little prejudiced mind he felt as my car was loud and aggressive I was the one speeding.
  19. Had my celica keyed twice this year, although that can be put down to the change in crowd at our local pub (was just for local people who would have dinner and a couple of drinks but it seems to have gotten filled up with hammered young toffs now who stagger out at 11pm) - but noticed other cars around mine worth multiples more do not get the same attention.
  20. Politics can be as much about perception as about the reality (and the fact that most voters do not understand the economics of what they vote for and support anyway!) and the media are doing him no favours at all, and there are so many voters out there that vote based on what they read on the front of The Mirror or whatever. He seems almost doomed from the start, I don't think even jolly young Ed had such a bad start in terms of media coverage. For me his ideas around the economy just feel like such a throw back, out of date and in plenty of cases completely impossible to implement (but are great for using to bang the proverbial drum) that he is un-electable.
  21. You have some way to go before a 350z will appreciate, far too many of them about and they are not that old in the grand scheme of things. I have flirted around various older cars for a few years now, I have noticed that the R33 I had and the VX220 have both gone up in value, the VX220 very much so by about 20% The 350z predecessor the 300zx (kind of!) is only just now going back up in value after bottoming out at around £3k for a half decent one last year, also watching the price of Celica GT4s and they are starting to creep up now, I paid top money for mine in the hope I can prevent myself from selling it and getting another car and seeing it go up in value over the next few years.
  22. Actually 350Zs aren't wide at all they are quite narrow in the grand scheme of things, your bog standard Ford Focus is wider.
  23. Get a machine polish on it and black can be quite simply stunning I stuck with DJ Supernatural for ages but then tried Victoria Concours on my Celica (Illogical you tried it yet?) which has totally converted me!
  24. Been a few threads like this over the years, have a search and you can read all the stories!
  25. You will need the uprev to make the mods actually have an impact on performance, if you haven't had it done already.
×
×
  • Create New...