Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Absolutely, this report is specifically in response to the German report. But, its pathetic that in the face of such compelling evidence Russia just say 'none of its true' but there is stage two to come on this yet and I don't car even if the UK are implicated that every last cheat is rooted out. FIFA has been a bad egg for years but no one was big enough to take it on, the scary end game is that every sport globally is heavily tainted by drug taking and that in most cases its paid up for and covered up...
  2. ...and I have been in the pub since 2pm on my day off
  3. Alright chaps! Maybe I am not up to speed on minimum wage levels but my point still stands!
  4. 5 gold medals at the 2012 olympics from athletes that should not have been there...can only imagine what the other two who should have been one step up and the fourth who never made the podium are thinking right now. We all know Russia bribe and cheat, unfortunately its a way of life at the top of Russian politics and business, but so far no organisation has been able to throw it in their face and action upon it, hopefully the IAAF can now.
  5. ...Russia and the IAAF, of course Russia just say they don't agree and its politically motivated but I think this time they won't be able to scare people off - the report is astonishing, damning. Who know's how far this goes, certainly you would think this will overlap with FIFA and the world cup awards.
  6. Sat in the car and did it, as said in situ! Just had the trusty hair dryer and a credit card type thing and made sure I had plenty vinyl to overlap around the edges. From what I remember removing the parts is a real pain so just went for it, took about 20 minutes.
  7. As Colin said, the keys get tossed to some 18 year old on £16 per hour to do half a days servicing on a car and then charge the owner £300 - there are clever people at dealerships but they aren't the guys doing the servicing which is the absolute basics of working on a car. I would say as well in terms of the Kaiser example, the guy recruited knows they are going to be working on dozens of 350z's day in day out, he will know his stuff, unlike your spotty teenager who works on a convey belt of Micras then this low slung V6 rolls in that he has never worked on before...
  8. Heat, patience, and more patience I find works well when using vinyl. When you get it right, it really is quite rewarding. I did the silver plastics on the steering wheel (in situ) which came out fine, worth a go if you want to see the results every time you get in the car, only photo I have is this...
  9. If they have indeed invented a stamp for a book, is that illegal?
  10. Found it on auto trader, Oliphant and Rees they are called. I wonder what they would say if you mailed them with something like 'can I see evidence of the full service history' and when they send it, reply with 'well that wasn't there when my mate sold it to you the other day!'
  11. That is naughty, and poor, what do you think they did just invent some stamps and stamp it?
  12. Good work fella, another Five for the owned car history list
  13. I was going to say, Z4M is a stunning looking car, certainly gets looks as much as a 370z I would say. Not driven either but both have their benefits, toss a coin?
  14. Why wouldn't it? Sealing problem with the lower plenum or spacer maybe? I don't know, but given its relatively unknown origins and untested state - who knows. Outside looks nice, but inside is where it counts I would have thought.
  15. Interesting bit of kit, I wonder if it actually works... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Holy crap...I get busy at work all day and come on to find this! Christ guys, what on earth is going on! Would it help take peoples mind off this if I started a post about what are the best tyres to get for my car...
  17. There are many other factors that contribute to a sale than the basic spec of the product for sale. For instance I know living in SW London means that I am in a huge catchment area for potential buyers as well as being next to a London underground station and mainline station to make getting to me much easier than most. I think if you have time and want to get the highest price for something go in with a a high price, see if anyone nibbles with an offer, make the path to sale easy, keep them on the hook, negotiate price, sell. If it doesn't get attention, doesn't sell, then lower the price in increments until you get the desired outcome. In actual fact decreasing price creates an illusion of a bargain. Don't get me wrong, its hard work as you have to be confident enough to negotiate with the threat of losing a sale but its quite rewarding. I often get negative comments of putting stuff up for sale too high a price so don't take them to heart, like my wheels, and my zed previously - but often the people commenting have no idea my tactics for selling so as annoying and misguided as those posts are, I tend to just ignore them and when I sell for the price I want just pop up a 'SOLD' post and sit back with a big smug grin on my face
  18. Actually I really find it intriguing as to the origin of sayings - my personal fave is 'Flash in the pan' which (I believe) originates from when muskets were first invented and used on the battlefield. The pan was where the gunpowder was kept on the weapon and the hammer would strike the pan sparking and igniting the powder forcing the ball bearing out the weapon. On many occasions in the early use of muskets they were very unreliable and mostly used from distances of no more than a few metres with the user often faced by charging soldiers armed with swords and the like. The unreliability often caused the powder to flash and the ball bearing not to exit the weapon, which left the user somewhat defenceless and facing imminent demise, hence, Flash in the Pan.
  19. Its a very good point above, some people can be quite brash on threads in general - I think if there was one thread where its worth laying off a bit its when someone is selling their pride and joy. Involving conversations can be had rather than very direct 'I know more than you' style posts which often elicit negative responses.
  20. Looks very OEM
  21. Somewhat ironically I had my old alloys and tyres off the GT4 for sale on the Celica forum - stuck them up at £400, would take £350 for them I had in my head. Had a couple of chaps come on today and basically say 'looking at those with the budget tyres you won't get that, overpriced massively there are better wheels with better tyres for £350 let alone the £400 you are asking' - kinda funny as someone picked mine up about 2 hours ago and handed over £350 - to be fair one guy responded to say fair play and glad he was wrong to put his post up, the other despite being online hasn't given any more 'useful advice' on the thread
  22. Interesting topic, I don't think there is a yes or no answer to this as it is very grey. There is an advert for a weather old TRD exhaust for instance on one of the Celica forums at the moment for £350, someone posted straight on to say that a new one sold for £200 last week and put a link to the advert. I think this sort of factual post is useful on a for sale advert. Opinion based stuff is exactly that and in most instances I find not very useful, when people say 'its overpriced you won't get anywhere near that' based simply on their experience is not contributing in my mind to the for sale thread. If the thing doesn't sell, then the seller will know its over priced, I don't think 10 posts from people as Colin mentioned bickering over the asking price really helps anyone. And the price is exactly that, the asking price, in most sales where you have higher ticket prices you are always going to receive offers, so I always price it up a bit higher to encourage bids - I was categorically told I wouldn't get £10k for my 04 plate Zed when I posted it on here by many experts, 7 days later I got £10k for it, imagine if I had taken notice of the negative comments. I would rather encourage information comments, I am selling some wheels at the moment and someone pointed out that the dish is not diamond cut lacquered and is steel polished which is fine, I didn't realise that, great info.
  23. coldel

    GT-Four

    Blimey, they take some removing as well!
  24. I think if the picture had any decent level of clarity most would have spotted it straight away - even after it was pointed out it was almost impossible to see. God what an anti-climax!
  25. coldel

    GT-Four

    Got them from rarerims off ebay, you get £12 off if you get 4 (they arent cheap!)
×
×
  • Create New...