-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
My DE went at 45k miles
-
There is a chap on one of the celica forums who is wrapping his dash parts in real carbon fibre, coating it in resin, have to say it looks pretty damn good and the cost is pretty reasonable.
-
Value vs quality argument though, for the value, you cant argue with the quality!
-
Everyone is different, just offering up some ideas of brightening up the interior on the cheap - all reversible as well
-
Happy birthday old bean
-
A £16 can of white plastidip can go a long way depending of course if this is your sort of thing
-
Passenger window lowered but wouldn't go back up
coldel replied to samsniss350z's topic in I.C.E & Electronics
Passenger window failing was one of the things to check on my list when viewing my zed years ago, of course I forgot, then on the way home tried it and it wouldn't budge. After a bit of shouting and swearing I realised I had hit the window lock button, always worth checking if other people get passenger window 'fail' sometimes there is a simple solution although sounds like your one is on the way out here...! -
Not many other forums have quite the banter this one does - probably why I hang around on here with this bunch of reprobates.
-
I am on there, although havent logged in for a year, and didnt own a GTR!
-
This is the solution. and for added cost saving, pay off the finance and buy a slightly older Golf outright. And make it a GTD rather than a GTi. Yes sorry, GTD!
-
I'd rather get divorced. Fugly cars those 4 seaters. I agree they look a bit 'bubbly' as standard but a bit of work and they can look rather nice in my opinion...
-
Aye I agree, I just said it would be 'more beneficial' - to be quite frank I can't imagine he could have seen this thread turning out any different than it did?
-
Skylines are made for midnight purple if you decide to go the respray route JP I would like to toss in the joke that real men drive the real wheel version not the safe 4WD ones but then I see what car I currently own...
-
Kiiiiiiiiiiiim!!!! I don't need to trade in my Mrs, she isn't trying to get me to sell my Zed for practical transport and I just took over half the garden for a new man cave :D :D I think your Mrs is of a whole different breed mate, how you have got away with it for so long!
-
Googling for 'motor offence lawyers' is probably a good start - if its easier to post here how comes no one has offered him someone to speak to yet I found on page one a number of law firms dedicated to this type of offence which are recommended by independent institutions etc. etc. It took ten seconds. That ten seconds has been more beneficial than the 24 hours of banter on excessive speeding on UK roads...
-
I sold my Zed when little Alfie arrived...and bought a VX220! Good mpg on those Sell the TT and get her a Golf GTi.
-
Looks fantastic mate, the black crinkle paint made a really positive change in the engine bay too good shout
-
I think a google on a list of lawyers would be more beneficial than posting here...
-
Lovely car! Knew you would all come around to R33s in the end 😉 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Definitely the best colour, you will come around!
-
Because an autobahn is quite a fair bit larger than an A road, doesnt have large trees running up and down the sides of it, it has crash barriers designed to absorb impacts of 70mph+ has wider run off spaces. There is actually an advised speed limit for the autobahn, and a lot of people choose to adhere to it, and yes going at 150 on an autobahn is more dangerous than doing 70 on a UK motorway hence the more deaths that happen on it. People cannot call you up on it as legally you are not breaking the law, but doing 129mph in a road set and designed to 70mph is just dangerous driving and I think Dan hinted above that the OP could come into that category which is not just a fine.
-
Incorrect, unless I speed down the wrong roads. Sure yours didnt have rustling bushes and arable land either side?! But you get my point, comparing this to Autobahns is chalk and cheese.
-
Autobahns have a worse safety record than UK motorways, they also have between 4 and 6 lanes. The average speeds by cars on Autobahns is between 70 and 90 mph as recorded by their highways department. There is a big misconception that everyone tanks down them at 150 mph, the majority do not. Travelling on an A road at 129mph gives you no error margin - people say it is safe, its an illusion, no road is safe, at any speed. No driver controls the entire environment they drive in, ever. The difference is when something does go wrong you certainly give yourself a chance at a lower speed, 129mph pretty much means certain death in the instance of anything happening - I for one could not allow my 3 year old boy to grow without a dad because I thought it would be fun to hammer down an A road at nearly twice the speed limit. And no OP, I do not put my foot down like that, I very rarely speed, when I do I kick myself in the backside and remind myself what an idiot I have been. From what I have read, you cannot see the issue at hand here, and I would expect you would do exactly the same thing again once the ban is done. That really makes me quite sad and clearly the system here in the UK doesnt have the required effect.
-
It's all in a cutting. Fences up top and armco on h/shoulder & central. Fields bordering it are arable land too. The only way to get down there is from the road ... If someone wants to play peekaboo with cars atleast at 129mph it will be certain rather than possible vegetative state. Sorry pal I don't agree, the point is that at that speed from nearly half a kilometer away you are caught at 129mph, if you missed the copper, you miss everything else. If an animal runs out in front of you and you flip into a ditch and kill yourself think of what impact that has on your friends and family. What if a fault comes of your car, tyre blow out, there are so many things that at that speed end catastrophically. Too many times you hear stories of people who think that all is safe so they want to speed, too many times its associated with people being killed. I'm not going to preach but I really hope whatever gets thrown at you in the coming months you do actually reflect on this rather than aim for the shortest ban possible and then jump back in and hammer it up an A road again.