Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. And a decent mid pipe on the exhaust
  2. bah! He was a selfish nerf herder but turned his back decades of his former life to save Luke in 4 and ensure the destruction of the death star, save Luke again and protect Leia and his friends in 5, lead the fight on the ground in 6 to defeat a legion of the emperors best troops surely worthy of more than an obvious stabbing on a completely unusable bridge in the middle of a planet?
  3. Yes ignore any Clarkson review good or bad, he doesn't review a car, he says something to create entertainment out of it whether it is true or not. As I said, get yourself a reference point, must be a few local to you to view, go have a look and see what you think,
  4. Have been sat in two 90s cars for the last two years and very much agree Interestingly no mention of cost in the article? You can pick up a pretty good nick R33 GTST running a safe 300bhp for example for around £5k, getting a 'new car' (what is the definition of new anyway? 5 years old? 10?) would be almost impossible to get anything near those performance levels, advantage of old cars, more go for your money (so would disagree Brillo, old cars less powerful?)
  5. Best I could do in the dark outside
  6. Hope you had a good one, Skys the limit mate!
  7. Will get better photos in the week when I get the chance
  8. Thanks mate but just bought these to replace some black ones I had on there originally, they chrome sills are very sought after in GT4 circles and these add some desirability and would like to keep chrome.
  9. It is a chrome metal over a plastic panel, best photo I have to hand...
  10. Have bought some used kick plates for the sills on my car, have some small scratches on them, how can I polish them out? Presume some abrasive is required but don't want to bugger them up!
  11. Can read this thread now I put it at about 8/10, I had my ticket booked for about 6 weeks so was very much excited about the movie but was also nervous they would just balls it up. I think its come out very well. The plot holes are obvious but I could pick a dozen in each of the films 4-6 as well - clearly its daft that a stormtrooper can pick up a lightsaber and take on the bad guy like that and even strike him, wounded or not. Think Kylo Ren lacked a bit of nastiness about him, he has murdered many people yet seemed a bit scared of people like the FO general. Han Solo died in the wrong way, understand it had to happen that way to fit the plot, but it all seemed a bit soft, I think it was this that put just that little bit of irk into what didn't make it a 9/10 for me. I also find it odd every time a jedi mucks something up they go into exile, I would call it a bit of a sulk That said, I got tingles up my back when I heard the Millennium Falcon fire up and all those noises you remember from 4-6, it was Star Wars.
  12. coldel

    Tyres?

    Discontinued, now replaced by Vorti's which are VERY good I have them on my GT4
  13. coldel

    Rims and Stuff

    What widths you got on the rears? They look enormous!
  14. Well at his age he had to retire!
  15. It might be a good one, but look at some others that are local to you to really give context - as you said, plenty around, don't have to leap in and buy the first one you see. Even if you go back and buy it at least check out some others first...its also that time of year that buyers are thin on the ground, you should be able to bargain a bit of a deal.
  16. Just dont say anything and start heavy breathing down the line and see how long they stay on for...
  17. Turbo noise on a straight six is a heavenly sound what BOVs does it have?
  18. Imports also have a number of different options, UK have two GT and Non-GT, JDM have quite a few so you would have to check out the spec of any import to make sure its got everything you need. There are a few Zeds in the US clocking up 250k miles, 100k is not overly bad as the engine is a pretty rock solid piece of kit but clearly in the UK there is an obsession with mileage and the number 100,000 does cause a mental barrier for many people so if you were to try sell this on you will come up against that. Look for great service history, any oil leaks,, smoke, signs of good upkeep and all the usual stuff and you should be OK.
  19. My tuppence worth, in addition that I am also a crap driver, no crashes but I wouldn't know how to drift a car or drive it fast but happily took on the 350z as my first performance car after previously having a company car which was a 1.4TSI Scirocco. I found the zed quite forgiving if you drive within your limits and respect the car. In terms of your questions... 1. I got 23mpg average on my zed which was probably a 50/50 mix of about town driving and A roads - fuel prices at the moment are fluctuating, I wouldn't base it on todays rates which are pretty low and will climb again next year 2. Don't worry about the VED cost, it will be the lowest cost for running the car 3. Where are you located? Some very good trusted people on here service cars at good rates 4. Silver for some reason has been the most popular colour for cars for some time - red is an original colour, Chilli Red I think it is called 5. Budget looks fine for what you want, in fact cars in original spec can go for more than modified ones 6. Imports are absolutely fine, if its recently imported its probably going to be in very good condition, insurance is now pretty much on par plenty of specialist insurers will give great deals, my last two cars have been imports and both have been stunning cars 7. If you are buying now roadsters will more likely be at their lower end price as they are seasonal, if its just the roof slashing that you are worried about can you get a car cover to deter people? Personally I think they look awful with the roof up, but fantastic with it down...personal preference really
  20. I dont think the response was negative, only adding context to the idea. From your perspective it costs nothing but the garage are investing time and effort, do they know that Stillen, K&N and so on and so forth have tried and failed at creating increased power output on a cone style filter? Not being negative, just that there is a 99% chance that the ROI for them is likely to be zero. Hence my comment - what you are describing is effectively building something that hopefully will perform as well as the standard DE box with the bonus of a good sound.
  21. coldel

    GT-Four

    She will just look on in amazement at your purchase and thank you for going behind her back
  22. I always thought the solution was to just get the standard intake box to make a good whooshing sound then job done - sounds good and gives best power returns with a 35 quid aftermarket drop in filter
  23. I agree, for some reason the wheels look too small? Needs spacers?
  24. Still T Shirt weather in London
  25. Four Wheel Drive
×
×
  • Create New...