-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
And actually the VX220 is going up in price. Two years ago you could buy a rare VXR version for £16k now standard turbo versions are going for that price. Found one similar to my NA going for just under £10k, sold mine two years back for £8k. Can only see these going up in value and viewed as a classic. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
PM Zmanalex What you done to your current one that has been so terminal?
-
Mk1 RS Focus are climbing in value all the time, gone up around 10-20% in the last year (every time I change car I always have a cheeky look) Of course the Gen 6 Celica GT-Four will be a future classic
-
Get what you pay for, Japspeed wont fall apart within weeks of fitting it (Skylines commonly found with Japspeed stuff happily been on them for years running fine) but in terms of quality expect to get more for the money you pay.
-
OEM potenzas (40s) are not much cop but 50s are a marked improvement by all accounts. My advice is buy for your budget and drive within the limits of the tyres. If you don't buy MPSS you won't be swerving all over the road crashing into ditches, if you drive within the limits of the tyres and the car. Tyre leader and Opeone are both good sites for tyres.
-
Cherry Blossom boot polish
-
In terms of underside condition, like for like with a UK model an import (depending on length of time in UK) tends to fair better as Japan doesn't salt laden the roads in winter.
-
Do shop around on insurance, it is a black art, do not rely on price comparison sites and also read the Ts & Cs as companies like Admiral will not always replace like for like modified cars, even if you declare the mods and pay extra. Generally the reason I stay away from Admiral etc, they really are not concerned or understand modified cars.
-
Go with the specialist insurers (as long as you are over 25) they will know what you are trying to insure.
-
Looks like a great day out Colin
-
Having owned two imports in my last two cars once you actually own one you don't realise just how much you hear myths and the like about imports and how much of it is just nonsense. You are looking to buy a car which is ten years old, buy it on its merits get it checked over, you can still check for service history from when it arrived in the country - you take a chance that the car might have been mistreated in Japan but you have as much chance of that here too. I droves thousands of miles in my import cars and not once did I remember they were imports as I enjoyed those miles. If its a good car, go for it.
-
agreed...however you gloss over the small point, that all reported faults are the same - one is unfortunate, twice a coincidence, we spotted a few more than 2 with same fault though, hence voicing concern to get other view points Re low octane usage - why doesnt the knock sensor(s) & ECU handle low compression fuels? But again thats irrelevant - so what? There are a handful of complaints which are all the same, so of the thousands of cars out there five or six have the same issue - the only thing that proves is a tiny percentage of cars have this gearbox issue - the same as every other brand of car and every model ever made - news? There is no news here to be had, and I think this thread is just getting ridiculous now, sorry. Take it to a reputable garage and get it refurbed.
-
+1 top guys and great service when I was there - I have been to garages and had their condescending type chatter, but Jez just listened to what I wanted and got on with it no quibbles and no upselling (which really boils my p*55)
-
A US gearbox specialist selling gearbox services in telling potential customer there are problems with gearboxes that need to be sorted 'shocker' I guess its up to you in the end, you can believe what some guy in the US says who sells gearbox services along with some spurious google search that there are headless chickens at Nissan who designed a gearbox that only affects 350z's of owners who are not on this forum or you can accept that you and a couple of other members have gotten unlucky at the same time (yes that is a coincidence) and are just going to have to bite the bullet and sort it out one way or the other - also that there is no Nissan gearbox consipricy going on here as iterated by a number of very experienced 350z owners
-
Still on that Mirror link
-
Ok well you got it covered for fitment then - they are only in Wembley north london off the A406, an hours drive from you? They will spend as much time spraying and fitting as anyone else? I read a thread on here a while back someone got theirs sprayed in a day or something, but would be concerned about long term effect of that, but the option is out there.
-
I know, appreciate that its not nice to have a big thing go on you straight away (I had to do the clutch flywheel change 1000 miles after getting mine cost = £750) but thats life with owning a more powerful car. The gearbox syncros on 350z's are not a huge failing, not even a common failing, they unfortunately affect a few cars here and there.
-
Astonishing video on so many levels - and not positive ones at that - what an utterly stupid, brain dead, moron.
-
Exactly, there is a nice website somewhere that shows all manufacturer recalls, the first Z4s had numerous recalls due to battery fires etc. Every new car has its weaknesses as well as some that manifest themselves down the line, remember the first 350z's are now over a decade old. You cannot believe everything you read on the internet "I have driven my car like Miss Daisy and the gearbox, engine, brakes and tyres have all failed its Nissans fault shout shout etc" Having been on this site now since 2012 the number of genuine issues with the gearbox has been minimal I have been to meets with 20 350z owners and non have gearbox problems, there are plenty of comments that they aren't as good as other cars which I think is fair, but not that its a widespread problem where the car is undrivable, you sound like you have simply been unlucky.
-
I noticed there is a one month trial period on Amazon Prime, if its still running when these shows go out I wonder how many people will take that up
-
If you want the best results I cannot recommend TGM in Fleet any higher, they have been first class on all the work they have done for me, ask for Will. They do charge a premium though so maybe not what you are looking for. Where you buying the V2 bumper? Bear in mind lots are copies and are not straight fits, you will need to pay for them to be altered to fit as well as the spray cost.
-
I thought Amazon Prime was just fast delivery, had a quick look on the site and can now see they do movies etc and some shows - all looks very much the same lineup as Netflix which I already have (and have on Apple TV). Will be interesting to see how it does on its restricted audience vs Top Gear going out nationally.
-
What on earth is all that Google search nonsense about! I mean look... ...I agree the gearboxes aren't great, in fact one of the weaker areas, my 04 DE had a really clunky one and felt a bit loose not tight at all which made the gear shifts feel really lazy. I could even get the gear stick to clunk and move when just manipulating the cars speed in first gear, my 16 year old R33 was putting through more power but the gear felt very tight and the 20 year old Celica is even better (although suspect there is a TRD short shifter buried in there). But its not as common as this thread seems to be making out that gear syncros are failing left right and centre. I can count on one hand the number of people that have mentioned having paid out to have them sorted at 350z meets of all sorts, I know mine didn't suffer from problems getting it actually into gear. Just sounds like you have been a little unlucky and the previous owner probably abused the gearbox somewhat more than average.
-
This isn't uncommon. I am on 3 months notice and that's the norm. There were a number of people in the business on a months notice who are client management and a few left recently and a month is no time for a business to replace someone so they are all being shifted into 3 monthly contracts in line with everyone else. You might also find the more senior someone is the longer the notice period. What does she do out of interest? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
We have them ? There wasn't a sarcasm smiley I could find that could communicate my point effectively