-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
[SOLD]59plate 370z titanium grey - 45k miles FNSH £11.5k
coldel replied to Brayster's topic in Zeds For Sale
Sold - thread locked -
Sorry to be the voice of gloom but thousands of avoidable accidents happen on the roads because people don't pay enough attention to driving and too much to racing. I always think its worth reminding yourself of that before anyone hit the loud peddle and stoop to the level of an idiot ragging their car - you only encourage them more by taking part in their immature little world. I appreciate this thread is ultimately about the capabilities of hatchbacks, it's been covered, modern ones are quick. I think thats it.
-
Note only a few tuners in the UK have the official uprev licensed software designated to the 350z - some tuners will have generic maps which can be flashed, but you really need custom maps to make the most of something like a kinetix plenum.
-
Its a carbon vinyl wrap around the middle, quite subtle. Its much heavier than the TRD knob, and a little higher up which actually improves the whole process.
-
Chuck it on a dyno and see what it gets, a quick RR session should be about £40 and always good to get a read when new to ownership of any performance car I think. In terms of closest, Horsham Developments should be no more than two hours up the A303 from you who are vastly experienced in dealing with Zeds. They could take a look at it and give you a view on what you have on your hands. As Bri said, where did you buy it? Can only imagine it was some dealer as they might have not realised it has an expensive aftermarket plenum on it and not mentioned it.
-
Fallen in love....and put myself in a real dilemma!
coldel replied to Kraziekatz1's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Just got back from ebay...a quick MR2 search turns up a 75k mile blue one with a bundle of TTE extras (including TTE exhaust) and some bodywork scratches for £1295. Bargain! -
Fallen in love....and put myself in a real dilemma!
coldel replied to Kraziekatz1's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Be quick though, the numbers of MR2s for sale dropping fast and good un's becoming harder to find. Could see them going up in price soon... -
Little custom work for the interior - I know the Celica nuts will probably flame me for removing a genuine TRD gear knob for something I got made up, but the weight and throw certainly feel better.
-
Why not go private? It seems to be a very important thing in your life right now, when its sorted you will look back and the money spent will seem of no real importance?
-
Fallen in love....and put myself in a real dilemma!
coldel replied to Kraziekatz1's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Loved my VX220 and agreed as above, puts pretty much any other car on the road to shame in the bends. The low slung racing position behind the wheel is pretty much up there in terms of best driving experience I have had - I sat in and experienced two supercharged VX220s and they would have blown away a zed on the straights, and some. Jetpilot only recently bought one. I have driven a mk1 MX5 which is more comfy (easier to get in and out of!) and offers a similar low down racing position with lightweight feel. You could pick up a supercharged one which is probably good for 180-200bhp for a few grand. Similarly a charged MR2 mk3 might give you the same feel (sure Ekona had one). -
What vinyl brand did you use? Great effort although my OCD goes into overdrive seeing the weave in a different direction for the cup holder against the button surround! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Boost Bars are teeth pullers! And Curly Wurlys are definitely getting smaller...
-
I had C5UPE on my Zed - it kinda worked!
-
Nice one, I just picked up a second hand Giant Rapid 3 off ebay, not a MTB but already am eyeing it up wondering what to modify. Already gave it a detail and wax finish
-
But again, its how far you want to go, I can zoom in and read number plates and all manner of details on the footage mine collects. No different to high value models - I think you are literally paying for some software advantages, the clarity of video though is on par, which is what is most important for me.
-
Night vision maybe, frame rate has proven to be pretty much bang on in testing.
-
I am sure if you broke open a lot of these high end cameras you would find the same hardware in there. Agreed you are paying for a nicer 'packaging' in most cases and some better software, but ultimately you want it to video something for you which in its basic form can be gotten for £20, anything else on top is extras you can choose to pay for.
-
Sold - thread locked
-
Im no expert on this, but I know taking it off is pretty easy (just make sure you have the correct bolt order and torque settings when putting it back) and you could check the inside of the chamber for any evidence?
-
Stunning car, GLWTS
-
Gtechniq C4 I have used before, came up fantastically well. Here is half the panel done on my old VX220
-
You can put vinyl on the front, various companies do kits I believe or bodyshops will cut to shape. I believe zippypooz a member on here was having a go at making up some kits for the front bumper. Ultimately though, its a low slung car with a flat front, its going to get chipped, most people put money aside for a re-spray every few years! Not sure ceramic coating will stop a stone flying through the air at 70mph taking a lump out of the front of the car though.
-
Just to add balance to the point - we had our little one 4 1/2 years ago, I bought a VX220 Actually the Ford Focus is easily big enough to cater for two adults and a child, not sure where the notion of having to get a 4x4 for a child comes from, but I guess the decision has been made. In any case, had the little 'un, went on numerous holidays, took up new hobbies such as archery, got back in cycling to keep fit, improved our time management skills no end, became a much more patient driver and many other benefits that come with the additional responsibilities. Got a lot more serious on the car cleaning front, Alfie loves to come out and help out, carries all my gear around, loves to hoover the car out which I gladly let him get on with. We are just booking more holidays off to Portugal and Iceland next year as well as planning a mini euro road trip for me and the missus in the celica. Alfie and I went to watch the banger racing the other day...awesome stuff.
-
Book in test drives on all three over the weekend with some dealers, make a choice, then just buy one...less dithering more driving