Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. I did this some years back, the Zed gearbox is a clunky and somewhat unsophisticated thing. I *think* it felt a bit better, but don't remember it being night and day.
  2. I think for your daily the price comparison sites are best place to go, then ring a few and try bat down the price with the best cover
  3. Have a quick google/search on the forum, a few threads up about the W brace - it seems to be a part of the older Zed which is rotting on quite a few cars now. Removing it does not fail you, there are also aftermarket options if you want to replace it altogether.
  4. Might be waiting a fair time...
  5. JMImports allows you free viewing of auctions, go to their website and navigate through to the auction bit The usual suspects apply, Torque GT are well thought of as are JMI. Clearly though you might want to go for one that's close to your location...
  6. As above, I dont think the majority on here doubted you - the point was that if you are going to reject a car you need to do it by the book. And that is prove that it was sold faulty and you have had it diagnosed by an independent expert. Follow the guidelines as can easily be found online and engage with the seller in the right way to get what you have to out of it.
  7. Approved. Presume you are looking for collection from Barkingside.
  8. coldel

    Interior Wrap

    After watching a pro in action (zippypooz on here) its amazing how little heat you actually need. I made the same mistake over using the hair dryer but really it needs a quick flash of heat then work and manipulate the material - I found the more you reheat and it cools down, the less adhesive and easy to manipulate the material became. After watching Zip in action I set about wrapping some panels in my engine bay, used hardly any heat and it was much easier.
  9. coldel

    tyres on a budget

    I might do actually - there is a lot of conjecture around tyres (and not pointing the finger at anyone) but it would be nice to have the full story on tyres in general.
  10. coldel

    tyres on a budget

    Found this quite an interesting debate, so out of curiosity asked Kumho what brands of tyres they actually make, response: "Hi Colin, Thanks for the message! The 3 tyre brands in our range are Kumho (premium), Marshal (mid-range) and Zetum (budget). We do not make any other brands. Hope this helps. Thanks, Digital Team Kumho Tyre UK "
  11. As above, ultimately the garage could just say 'well your friends/people you know are likely to say that arent they' - you need an independent assessment.
  12. Depends also on your current circumstance, can you afford to go the lower paid job? Do you have a rabble of children to feed? Do you have to cover expenses i.e. mortgage/rent? Or live at home where there is a safety net? As said above, money isn't everything, but it does help...
  13. Ta-da
  14. I have rung up, said I wanted to add aftermarket wheels, they said "ok, that's done" end of call?
  15. I havent either? In some cases have declared things and had no increase at all except it being added to the list.
  16. OK thanks for the opinions all I think the consensus is clear. I would say Olly has what he needs to continue the conversation with the trader and hopefully come to a resolution that is satisfactory for both.
  17. Depends on where you live, as G says if its -10 and ice everywhere there are better vehicles to get around in. Personally, living under the protective pollution bubble that covers London winter was never a biggie, drove it in the slush as well, just drove sensibly and as likely to slide around as any other car on the road.
  18. I had one on before I had my remap, it revved quicker with the TC set to 10 than after the remap and the TC taken off, so presume the TC can push it beyond 1:1 and to something like 1:3?
  19. As far as I know it basically pulls up the sensitivity of the throttle peddle, so you wont see any performance gains, it will literally mean that when you push the peddle a little bit it revs around quicker until you engage the clutch?
  20. Happy birthday mate
  21. http://www.autotrader.co.uk/content/news/new-laws-protecting-car-buyers-come-into-force-on-october-1st http://www.whatcar.com/news/consumer-rights-act-2015-new-consumer-law-will-help/ Try those, the second one has links to putting in a claim
  22. Cannot comment on a Zed but having had the alignment done on my GT4 recently it has the potential to make a huge difference for such a relatively small outlay. I plan to get mine checked more regularly now I have had it done once. I used Wheels in Motion, fantastic and reputable company.
  23. Be careful with that, you should have rejected it when you received, they could actually start playing silly buggars saying you did it and not take a refund...just a watch out.
  24. If you click into forums, then in the search for Engine Carbon Clean and click search, magic will happen I had a quick look and there seems to be quite a few previous threads on the subject, should have all you need...
×
×
  • Create New...