Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Give it a good blast mate with some degreaser so its all cleaned up, stick some cardboard under the car and see how it goes when its parked up - you can see how much is dripping out, and get a view on where its coming from.
  2. I get ICE cars could, but as mentioned its 100 year old tech and its full of fuel slopping about in a tank along with small explosions going off inside a metal block. I kind of would expect it to have a chance of exploding. Battery cars though, just going up in flames whilst driving along, how has that happened when there is no impact etc? I suspect Tesla are holding back some of the truth in the official report.
  3. So a Tesla in a bad collision could potentially just explode?
  4. ...actually is that GZ I see standing in the background in the photo
  5. I know saw that - presume its an americanism of petrol being called gas. That said, they catch fire because they are combustion engines which by their very nature are flammable. How does a battery powered car catch fire?
  6. http://www.autoblog.com/2016/08/15/tesla-model-s-fire-france-test-drive/ At least the error report in the car was correct, no way it can charge whilst on fire
  7. So it hasnt sold as quickly as he thought...should he update the ad!
  8. I had the VSE on mine, great sound, no drone, bloody loud though think it would fail track tests.
  9. Presume there is a SC going on the V8 then
  10. Why settle for second best? Because day to day not having a supercharger on is easier to live with? Second gear foot down in an SC VX and you are already breaking the law on motorways. On the track its great for straight line speed but in the bends supercharger or not they are probably cornering at similar rates. Although these cars have physics breaking grip, when they let go its instant, less likely to do that in a non-supercharged car. Quite a few SC VXs have hit the scrap heap when over-confident drivers put their foot down (not saying JP will at all) - in fact my favourite VX when I owned was a SC Rab Red one a guy owned that he let me have a go in when I was considering SC mine, it was immaculate, he took it to Spa and wrote it off in a straight line. The good thing about NAs as well is their setup is much stiffer than the turbos, so even without a SC you would get a much better race-feel from the NA than the turbo albeit in sacrifice for straight line speed. Did I personally ever feel I lacked excitement or had second best without the SC, not really as I don't track and I don't really drive very fast, that said each corner even on the road was an event even in my little 150bhp machine
  11. Would be surprised just how good one without a charger is mate still can attack corners at a much higher speed than most things on the road and 0-60 in under 6 seconds
  12. Is there any sort of bung option, or is that already in there?
  13. Thank god he imported an ECU - I mean all those thousands of 350z's in the UK need them. Someone on here has to mail him and ask a load of questions, surely. Ricey, where are you?
  14. I know, its an S2 lotus chassis as well - reliable engine - love the Stack binnacle as well, gives it proper racing car feel Sitting here green with envy haha
  15. Probably paid stupid money for it 3 months ago, realised its a heap, trying to sell it on?
  16. Good idea, yeah as standard these are going up in value, a classic car mag put them on an article recently as one to watch as well. Bang for buck these cars are stunning value - handling, speed, experience and a complete raw driving experience. Must stay away from classifieds...
  17. With so many Zeds for sale surely any buyer will see its price in context and pass it on by - I hope!
  18. I checked out an equivalent one to mine the other day on the classifieds and mine would be worth around £1.5k-£2k more than I sold it for two years ago. So yeah the original spec ones are starting to rocket. The good thing with yours is that you have effectively paid half price for the supercharger upgrade having already had it installed and looks in great nick. I also genuinely believe in the 'open door' effect where you have someone come look to buy the car and if that moment you swing open the door for them to step in the car they see splattering of quality it really tips the balance in your favour. Yours looks stunning.
  19. Stealth. Adds £5k to the value.
  20. My neighbour had his car hit parked outside on the road, went to insurance, who passed him to an AMC who then did as OP said, are you ok (was fine as he was stood in the house doing the washing up at the time, probably got a cut on his finger from the knife he was drying when he watched his car get hit outside maybe) repeatedly. He has a Range Rover Sport so the AMC company pushed him to get something like for like as a courtesy car delivered to his house, up turns a Range Rover Vogue which he had for two weeks whilst his was sorted. His car was fixed etc. then about 5 months later had the insurance company of the person who hit his car challenging the cost of the Vogue and threatening to get him to pay back the cost of rental for two weeks (which was four figures) saying it was an unnecessary expense, even though he never actually agreed to that specific car, just agreed to get a courtesy car whilst his was in the bodyshop. Got really messy he even had to demand the recorded messages from his AMC of him clearly not demanding a Vogue (and in fact its the AMC pushing him to take the courtesy car). Got it sorted in the end, but was an unusual thing to have to deal with.
  21. These are just going to rise and rise in value...
  22. Good innings fella. Well done for making the most of what you had in life.
  23. Loving it, all great mods.
  24. coldel

    Interior Wrap

    GMBs thread here has some pics on from aquagraphix http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/86048-hydro-dipped-interior-parts-door-pulls-grab-handle/
  25. coldel

    GT-Four

    Cheers guys, I think I might keep this one!
×
×
  • Create New...