-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Had the day off today, once the sun again went behind the house I could do some work on the car, bodywork was red hot! So she got her usual wash and clean, I also took off the slam panel and wrapped it (using my newly acquired wrapping skills when observing Zippypooz last week!) in black chrome. I also got another panel to cover the left side of the engine bay which is quite untidy and wrapped that also with the same material. The car is really getting there now, its been 18 months of little jobs every weekend almost and sourcing really hard to find parts, but its really getting there. Well happy. Have a video walkaround and will post up later on when back indoors (in the pub at the moment!) on reliable wifi...anyway some teasers...
-
Bank transfers are pretty much instant, I always do this, carrying huge wads of cash around are not my idea of fun. Bought my VX220, went to guys house, we sat in his living room after going over the car and paperwork and then hooked up to his wifi logged into my account, transferred the money, he logged into his bank and it was already there less than 30 seconds later. Did the same with the Skyline and the Celica. Each time the money went through instantly. When someone bought the Skyline we walked down to the highstreet, went to his bank, put his card in at the cashier, we both checked the amount, put my card in, receipt for each of us 2 mins later we are both our paperwork swapped and money sorted.
-
Just noticed this is in the 370z section, do you have a 370 that is clicking? Wasn't aware the problem carried through from the 350z? So maybe it is something else?
-
Have a search on the forum, there is a guide somewhere for doing this...
-
I once took my old 350 to JAE, but I went with IMOC the MR2 club as I had some friends I wanted to hang out with for the weekend. They didn't really want a 350 hogging the limelight, so asked me to park it on the corner of the stand. Of course I complied, but not before sticking a very rough hand-written cardboard sign in the windscreen that I'd scribbled on in black marker pen: MR2 WITH 350Z BODYKIT You would not believe the amount of people that spent the weekend crawling over and under the car to see if it was true or not Surely lifting the bonnet would have solved the mystery pretty quickly i.e. the size and location of the engine!
-
To play devils advocate - lots of people do not know much about cars, and do not care to know much about cars, so if they guess its a Porsche its a fair comment. I am sure there are many things people are experts in that I could only guess at and look somewhat foolish. That said, when you get people that 'pretend' they know what they are talking about saying rubbish they deserve all they get...
-
Try get a few of you together and get a group discount?!
-
£400 the going rate for uprev is it?
-
Hey, nothing wrong with a 2.0 litre engine!
-
I got an Apple TV hooked up to my TV to get Netflix. Or as above Chromecast can get it for you. Have to admit having watch HD TV for me makes hardly any difference, quite happy with my non-HD TV, if you really get engrossed in the programme I hardly notice the difference. Yes Stranger Things was excellent, being a kid growing up in the 80's to see the level of detail on the props was amazing, absolutely everything was spot on. Even the V style credits at the start!
-
Closest would be Horsham Developments in Newbury I would think?
-
Yes thats it Truth in 24, great documentary, really brings it home how dangerous and how much effort goes into getting a car around a track for 24 hours. It literally breaks people.
-
First two series of Breaking Bad were fantastic and really they should have stopped there, the next three were really interesting as they take you on different journey's with the characters, one minute you love Walt and hate Skyler, then next its all flipped on its head, great script writing. But really I thought the story was a better finish at the end of series two. I don't really have much time to watch TV apart from one series a couple of times a week - so if something doesn't grab me straight away I tend to switch off. Maybe will see out a couple of episodes of Peaky Blinders...
-
Small amount of lacquer peel on nismo bumper
coldel replied to Scottyd423's topic in Paint & Protection
Do most new cars not come with some sort of paint warranty nowadays? -
Tried watching Peaky Blinders but got pretty bored halfway through episode 1 and turned it off Actually only just finished watching all 5 series of Breaking Bad (yeah I know, I was busy)
-
http://movies.netflixable.com/Netflix-UK/485204/epic-drives-season-1
-
370z drove up the inside lane past me pretty much as the blue 54 plate came the other direction (blue one had a black zed on the lower grill)
-
Was browsing this yesterday, just finished watching Stranger Things (which is excellent) and chanced across something called Apex, a 90 minute documentary on hypercars with in depth interviews with the owners of Koenigsegg and Pagani - really great programme, if you have Netflix look it up. Also noticed something called Epic Drives, which seems to be a 30 minute episode showing a featured car driving great roads, there is a GTR episode. I also watched the Audi Le Mans documentary a while back, thats really great viewing too. Anyway, thought it might be worth mentioning...loads of great car stuff on there at the moment.
-
Its dangerous no matter where you do it - but amplified in more tricky to negotiate parts of the road network I presume is the point.
-
She might be getting much closer to the main character of that book at the rate she is going.
-
What sites you advertising it on mate? Sold mine in a week on ebay to a fairly young lad (must have been 25-26) Unfortunately I would speculate that yours with its modifications and paint job might attract the younger age group...
-
Weird, don't remember seeing that red toyota in applecross? Did it go back down and meet us back at the other side? Ha! We were too busy racing a train mate...
-
Faster (for less cash also) - better, well thats subjective!
-
Isn't every car I would say 99.9% of people on here own a poor mans version of something I haven't seen many people owning Lykans/Verons/Hyaras I would say take a car on its merits not on the fact that you can get a more expensive version/option. Everyone is different, I like to vary my car ownership and be able to look back and know I tried lots of different variants, others like to say they have loved and cherished the same car for a decade. If OP is bored, then there is a reason there to move on no point sticking with it and contrary to popular belief there are a lot of alternatives out there with particular attributes that beat the trusty 350z