-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Got a dragon on my right upper arm, was 31 when I was living in Japan and went into a place where they didn't speak English with a drawing and two 4 hour sessions later all done
-
Depends what you want, if you are truly 'bored' then the Elise or its derivatives are much more fun by a country mile, for me it felt like I was getting into a van when I got out of a VX into a Zed. If you want a car that does a bit of everything then you are compromising in many places. My 04 Zed only had two seats, poor luggage space, cheap interior, poor mpg etc. but I liked it for what it was. Boxster comment is so 'top gear' it is in its own right a cracking car for the money. So is the 350z the poor mans 370z, Cayman, or GTR? S2000's are shooting up in value, actually about now is the last chance you will get to buy one in the ballpark value of say a 05/06 plate Zed, they are certainly seem to be attracting money moreso than zeds at the moment (few posts recently on here about when prices of 350z will go up - the S2000 is much rarer and appreciating where the Zed isn't). Ask any of the guys on the Scotland trip if my old Celica couldn't keep up with their Zeds and I am Miss Daisy when it comes to driving Again if you fancy something which is properly a project you could get something older, 350z are really just very competent cars that we all modify, what about something older which you have to really tinker with? An R33 GTR would be a good bit of fun for £10k at the moment, I know people turn their noses up but there is something unique about climbing into an iconic car brand like that and firing up the two turbos. Or maybe go a bit further back in the Zed family and get a 300zx, many need work but look lovely when done. As I say, depends on what the reason is to sell, if you need more space, back seats etc then a German coupe is a fair investment, quick and comfortable. Want something fun then go the track focused cars. Want a project you can see real proper improvement get an old Jap machine. So many other routs
-
I agree with Dan and go for a few things now to vary it up before they become too expensive to own. I am so glad I had a go at owning a VX220 and a Skyline - both different in their own ways and both exciting. The VX will handle pretty much like nothing else on the road and even stuck in 30 mph traffic will feel like you are racing a grand prix. Skyline is iconic and has immense theatre. Both these cars getting rarer and harder to get in stock format. Prices for both only going to go up and up. Its a great chance for you to try a few cars out and enjoy if you are done with the Zed, nothing wrong with getting bored of a car and admitting it doesn't work for you. I never thought something could be more exciting than my Zed when I owned it for that price range, oh how wrong I was!
-
Well got the roof wrapped gloss black, cracking job by our resident forum wrapper Zippypooz did a great job on it. Proper perfectionist. Also went fully black on the rear badges. Looking very nice now much better than the satin black I had...
-
This You don't know what low is until you sat in a VX220, at least in the zed when people look in their rear view mirror when sat in traffic they can see you.
-
Linea with polished lip and darker black would look great
-
I used normal car wax once (on a very polished screen) and it worked pretty well and lasted a fair time too!
-
Completely, everything there was deliberate. Looks like row on leaving pub, bloke goes get his car, comes back and attempts to mow down a specific man. Otherwise why didnt he target the other two neither of whom seemed too worried about being driven at.
-
Yes titan I think. No idea what internal drive size is its not usually mentioned on the pack, they come with a key why do you need to know?
-
Never had MPSS, never crashed into a ditch. Drive within limits of the tyres and generally they will do whats required. More often than not its the people at the wheel that are ditch finders moreso than the tyres
-
Nice one, I remember wasso compounded mine with a DA then waxed them - was a whole 'nother level!
-
So both drivers driving at speeds which in the event of an 'issue' would cause catastrophic loss of life starting with their own - one 40mph faster than the other who is already more than twice the maximum speed limit on the road - one gets a paltry fine and a slap on the wrist the other 10 year ban and jail time. I know its not entirely like for like but the police sum it up when they are 'disappointed'. There just seems to be no consistency in punishment for reckless behaviour like this.
-
I had a crack at neo chrome after years of wondering if I should or not, they work really well I think (lets see how long the effect lasts though!)
-
It *might* run a little better if your current earthing is poor - but there is in your answer, clean your current earthing. I bought mine purely because it looked better with no expectations on bhp increase!
-
Toyota badge is bolted on and leaves holes of removed. So if badged next step is to remove spray and reinstall - bit of a ball ache but you are right it's all or nothing... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Took the old chrome badges off the back, fair bit of adhesive back there, but got it away in the end. Have sprayed the badges matte black, but do I put them back or not? To badge or not to badge, that is the question...?
-
Dont worry I have gone for plastic ones. They wont rust. :lol: :lol: Glass ones are easier to keep clean
-
Hope they are steel not ally wheel nuts, the ally ones are prone to shearing off
-
How can you forget you own a car like a Zed, can only assume you own many ferraris lambos and maclarens that it just fazed into the background of your memory. Or you had a few too many over Friday lunch...
-
I just wash the mitt regularly - the hassle of doing that easily negates the extra time it takes to use a bar, for every hour you spend with a bar you would spend 10 minutes with a mitt.
-
Advice needed - Someone hit car - no note left (photos in comments)
coldel replied to Jblonde002's topic in 350Z General
Might not be cheaper but Will who works at TGM in Fleet will certainly give you a good professional run down of what needs to be done. Their work is top notch. -
some ebay jobbies, think off rarerims or something
-
Have always used internal drive steel nuts, only had problems once and that was when a garage gunned them on and caused some cracks - generally have found that paying £30+ for something steel won't have your wheels flying off the car if torqued up correctly.
-
Urgent: Need bodyshop work in South East
coldel replied to sasha@lazytrips's topic in Forum Discounts
Many wont quote without seeing the car which if its a lot of work is fair enough, your definition of a scratch could be their definition of snow plough going through it For reference, TGM in Fleet are awesome.