Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. I think he meant that you press button to open door, you get out, walk around, child is either on its way out and across the road or someone takes an opportunistic snatch. Unlikely of course, but I agree not a function I would be using (and as a rule like a lot of tech nowadays 99% of the time completely unnecessary anyway!)
  2. Im driving down to the Cafe from Richmond to meet Martin (Payco) and a few others, then leading the Zeds down the sneaky route into Incarnation, happy to meet you in Surrey and we head down together - early start though!
  3. Cant we all just stick a nuclear bomb shelter on top of a block of flats like the Trotter brothers?!
  4. coldel

    Stubaru BRZ

    ...aaaah the challenges of 8J 5x100 wheels, I know it well !
  5. Well Dan's ready everyone... No that's not Dan as he said "I'll be a ninja axe wielder, so they'll never see me coming" Here he is - Nope, there he is...
  6. If you have an import I believe they remove the upper speed limiter?
  7. I thought there was always one out at sea? There was a news story recently where there was outrage at them all being in dock being repaired or something along those lines...
  8. Aren't all the trident subs docked at the moment? I have watched the news, if North Korea did have a punt at us and aimed at London it would likely be so inaccurate it could go plowing into Yorkshire in any case!
  9. You are going to have to polish the rest of the engine as well if you have those shiny bits on!
  10. I agree with GZ that if Hydrogen was going to work, it should have by now on a bigger scale than it is. I get that they are meant to be safe but am I the only one who thinks of giant air balloons going bang on grainy black and white film footage! I saw what you wrote about living life to the full GZ and I think that given the limited life span of petrol cars and what they bring I am making sure I get a chance at it whilst I can. EV will be plentiful in 20-30 years I can have a play with them then. So yes I am worried that petrol cars will be phased out as quite simply they sound better and give a better experience when going out for a drive (for me) I was sat behind an M5 on the A316 the other day and it was a theatre of sound coming out the back it was wonderful. I don't think I get angry at EV cars, they are whats really only on the table as a viable alternative at the moment to petrol, but I do not agree with the view that there will always be a plentiful supply of free electricity to power these at scale at the moment thats really not the case at all. I also worry about the future of car clubs if meets look like the one above, of generic looking identical family saloons Funny someone mentioned back in the thread about trains - I think it could well be the same thing with cars, I have traveled on the bullet trains in Europe and Japan many times, tech marvels with astounding speed that blow your mind. But I also got on a steam train at the Thomas Tank Engine event and that was a better experience by far than the bullet train doing 180mph. In 40 years there will be a craving for people to get a ride in my noisy old petrol car I am sure
  11. Sold - thread locked
  12. Haha the problem is 1 hour later there is a micro thin layer of dust on it, enough though for my OCD to go bananas!
  13. Well I think it was saturday, or sunday, it was the weekend anyway!
  14. You have to pull the leather off - means cutting it away and buying a new gaiter and fitting your momo - you might also need to cut a slot in the base to allow it to slide down far enough.
  15. Mine was wrapped gloss black by Zippypooz on here, he used edging tape to get the line of the roof bang on what I wanted - although I think the zed roof has a nice natural edge against the panels.
  16. FYI hidden the previous post, please refer to for sale rules in the relevant sections Thanks
  17. If you type in google 'white 370z with black roof' plenty of images come up? I have a black roof on my Toyota, it works for me for a few reasons 1. hides the sunroof outline 2. make the car look more 'swooping' with the black look running all the way over with the front and rear windows 3. I have a rear sun visor and it makes it look less conspicuous
  18. That Capri is amazing! Wow. Machine polished a few panels over the weekend due to some excessive spider web scratches that have appeared over the weekend. Bonnet looking silky smooth
  19. Yeah Lewis battered Ruddock, then was meant to fight Bowe but Bowe bottled it and threw his belt in the bin (quite literally!)
  20. Will be an interesting fight, one boxer not yet in his prime, one past it...
  21. There are many worse footballers! Anyway - I really rated Lewis, when he unloaded on someone with some combos they were so fast for a heavyweight, made it so much more exciting, in a way Tyson did with his hand speed and power. Evander Holyfield was also great to watch with his 'all in' style as well. Enry's hammer anyone?
  22. To be fair he could have done a good job!
  23. Haha yeah too many potholes for F1...mind you might make it more interesting!
  24. I think there is a strong element of how good the competition was as to how good a boxer was - I notice not many people mention Lennox Lewis but he was a fantastic boxer, who had barely any decent competition in his time. Whereas Ali in his era had a succession of amazing competition.
×
×
  • Create New...