Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. I clay much in line with Illogikals view, before heavy polish work. Also with Dan, wouldn't go back to a bar for love nor money, just not worth the hassle. And I was originally very critical of mitts when the idea was floated. But I was converted upon trialling one!
  2. I think the biggest unknown is what JC will do when he gets completely trounced in the election, will he still sit there firm in the belief he is doing any good for this country in terms of providing credible opposition.
  3. The research is what it is I guess, given what you know now, what would you do? It certainly answers the questions around the mood of Europe and I don't think from any empirical evidence I can see such a big swing to Leave as we have seen here. The Netherlands spoke that way not long ago and France appear to be doing the same now. Which is why the EU have to win the war, not some small battles in the divorce proceedings. They will not want to be seen to be giving the citizens of Europe a raw deal compared to the UK. It would take a monumental balls up by the EU negotiators not to achieve that either sadly.
  4. There was a number of large studies doe prior to the UK referendum that asked people 1. do they want a referendum and 2. how would they vote in one. Only one country significantly showed an interest in it and would vote out which was Italy. The other 12 countries according to the poll would vote to remain. I genuinely do not believe there is this huge majority in every European country wanting out. There is a much bigger group than historically there were, but we are looking at sizes like you will see in a couple of weeks in France as per the ideal (putting my neck on the line here!) but Stay getting twice as many votes as Leave. If I were living in continental Europe I wouldn't want to be voting blindly for a party based on an EU out policy, not until I saw what the UK ends up with.
  5. You can get good bargains on line, but usually takes a bit of trial and error - have bought cheap stuff off ebay and got exactly what I paid for. Occasionally have found something really good for a low price but overall I think the phase still stands 'you get what you pay for' and many times if you buy cheap you get cheap which is not as good as something more expensive. My recent exception to the rule is this purchase https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KF4DW82 illogical I would advise you try them out see what you think, larger towel easily dried my car and they are really plush. I have only used them once so no idea on longevity but so far for the price they are not a bad option - not quite as good as the 'woolly mammoth' but given you get a smaller towel as well not a bad buy!
  6. We have already seen even the idea of an extension being politically kicked around by the opposition - its kind of one of those inevitable things that you don't talk about until it comes and smacks you on the nose on the day. Its been nearly 1 month of the 24 we have available already passed and it only feels like days ago May submitted A50, two years will fly by.
  7. Interesting events across the channel, a Liberal looks to be smashing the election in France kicking out the traditional left and right wingers. Wonder if we will see a similar move towards LDs here (clearly not into a election winning position but much stronger than we anticipated)
  8. To be honest its the way the world moves forwards, great opportunity here for companies to just go mobile. One of the annoying things about having to get to a fitters premises is that you have a flat or damaged tyre, so either you have to spend ages sorting out swapping it over for the spare or get RAC/AA out to do it for you then get over to the premises, which is usually booked up for days. What if you leave the car outside your house and they come to you? I know it means a change in how industry works, but that has been happening since the dawn of time. PS, that's not meant to sound harsh in any way, I just think that as a consumer you will always have people meet demand, if all the local fitter places went bust its not like some bright spark wouldnt step up and fill the void with a business idea, you will always have some way of fitting your tyres.
  9. Never been pulled over in 20+ years of owning a licence...guess I have an innocent looking face?
  10. Yeah me too, I think I tossed the card into the footwell and left it there
  11. Photos on right thread! Good meet up today and as above, good to see some new faces, great drive down as well we ended up in a huge convoy of jap cars fantastic. Yes Steph awesome calmness when attacked by rampant seagull!
  12. Awesome cheers!
  13. Well done organising Martin, good turn out, another great turn out by the weather as well. We wont mention the dive bombing seagull though... Couple of photos
  14. If I see the owner I will ask...I am so desperate for them to say they are wheels spacers, then challenge myself to keep a straight face...
  15. Better pic...
  16. Welcome along Steve, feel free to participate in threads before you get your car! Lots of great debate on here around many subjects and different cars, plenty of petrolheads on here
  17. Absolutely agree 100%. This is why I think we should pay our MPs significantly more than we do, get the big business owners with a proven track record interested in helping run the country. Stop this faffing around, it's the most important job in the country so we should pay a proper wage. Trump for PM ? The snooker player..?
  18. I like the Lib Dems but they seem to be losing sight of their now great position in the political landscape given the extremes of the Labour party and focusing on the European issue. Danger is they do not offer themselves as a viable alternative to Labour if they just keep banging on about Brexit, get their manifesto in order, and they could well be well on the heels of Labour. Tim Fallon is a decent guy as far as I can see, TV debates will give a glimpse of what sort of leader he might be!
  19. In terms of taxation of a total population, so scale decisions, you are looking at NI, Income Tax, VAT and Corporation Tax. Its difficult to make scale decisions on investment without getting monies from those sources, as far as I know.
  20. News bouncing around today about the tories raising income tax/NI/VAT - given they cannot touch corporation tax as leaving Europe makes us less attractive to foreign investment and hiking that up would only make us less so. But they need to make money somehow, looks like the public will need to pay, rather than business. All quite predictable I guess.
  21. Could be, good shout that - although someone has nicked the ones off the other three wheels! Just in the pub at the moment, will get a better pic on the way home!
  22. Maybe needs a bigger pic, it appears to be a spacer type thing, bolted to the outside of the wheel?
  23. Chap parked up outside (yes badly) but what is that attached to the outside of the wheel? Spacer mod gone wrong? It seems to have bolts running through to the hub?
  24. I agree on the politicians salaries, far too low for the responsibility they carry. Sarah Olney who won the Richmond by election is probably on half the salary she was on prior to giving up her job and becoming a politician. She genuinely seems to want to do it to get a voice and do it for the people, albeit she is very inexperienced and not the best public debater! But the political system relies on people giving up bigger salaries to do it for the good of the country etc. Its a no win situation really, the really good economists, business people, financial whizzes are not going to apply for government when private sector gives them better financial (and job!) security.
  25. I don't believe for one second that the PM doesn't okay every single move the chancellor makes, not these days. I guess you are entitled to that opinion, I imagine the PM 'signs off' on things like any MD of a large business would, but like any large business the accountants hold the purse strings and inform the leadership on how money is used.
×
×
  • Create New...