-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Why? You'd think that someone who knows how to make money rather than spunk it up the wall would be ideal to be in charge of trillions of pounds. When you consider that Corbyn himself said the other day that he was aiming to help those earning £26K and under, that puts an awful lot of normal people in the category that he wants to hammer... The person living at number 11 is actually in charge of that money not the PM
-
I would imagine off the line the rev up probably edges it by a nose, in gear and on the move the extra torque edges it for the earlier model? Ultimately on the road, if you were dropped into one of them blindfolded and then drove it (blindfold off!) you wouldn't be able to tell one from the other. Worth noting as well the dyno thread on here, plenty of DEs making more power than the revup simply due to condition. Pretty sure it was something of a roulette what power you got on the car.
-
Approved as its a free item
-
I just tried this out of curiosity. ....came back with exactly the party I intend voting for as the highest %age I think that the political parties could never have been any more apart in what they stand for, clear boundaries between labour tories libs etc. where we might have seen blurring in the past. That website is unnecessarily long in the survey, I am sure if they did some factor analysis on the statements they would realise many have no importance on driving party choice tut tut
-
Quite possibly the most comprehensive response to a request for help I have ever seen - good on you Sir!
-
My tyres and wheels have arrived. Now im scared!
coldel replied to celiabaker's topic in 350Z General
Amazing how many products share the same parts - I watched a video on making K&N air filters the other day (yes was a bit bored but happy to spend the time upskilling on air filter production techniques!) and in the video they get to the part where they assemble them, and lo and behold AEM ones are made in the same factory by the same people using the same parts and put together on the same machine...I wonder how many people argued that AEM are much better than K&N... -
I was referring more to macro decision making - local candidates do not control these as much as we like to think so, Richmond voting for Sarah over Zac makes bugger all difference to what airport gets extended, they can both shout about it, they do not make the decisions though.
-
Good advice from Blocko, obviously consider your needs in buying a car (you don't buy a car you don't want!) but also consider condition as these cars are not cheap to repair and maintain. In terms of the first and second generations so 03-05 and 05-06 although 05-06 had higher BHP as I remember they have lower torque so overall performance is pretty much comparable. So don't expect any noticeable on the road performance difference. I see you have a budget of £7k, I would seriously consider having a slush fund spare in case of repairs. A new OEM clutch and flywheel plus labour will put you back £900+ for instance. So look for something with plenty done to it in terms of perishables but do have something back, you don't want it to be sat outside gathering dust because you don't have cash on hand to sort out any major issue that arises. Good luck with your search, do come on here and ask questions before buying, you will get lots of good advice.
-
Interestingly this justifies the point - that you could easily do this survey (its just an attitudinal segmentation survey a doddle to create) and come up labour then say 'no way am I voting for Corbyn' - shows how important the leadership and figurehead of any 'proposal' is.
-
My tyres and wheels have arrived. Now im scared!
coldel replied to celiabaker's topic in 350Z General
Ha I agree, Event tyres on my Celica were awful. I suspect the number of occasions where having MPSS over Bridges over GY etc would have saved an impact are minute - the number of occasions where someone takes their eyes off the road and does something significant. -
For me is nothing to do with the leaders, its the party politics, i havent yet seen a leader who i thought, i just couldnt give my vote to them even though i agree with their policies. Ref a legal requirement to vote, i see both sides, its like on here when someone asks a question, dont ask if you dont like the answer, same goes for politics, if you dont vote, you have no right to moan as you say I guess you can say its not a "fair" representation if "x" number havent voted, but being as they would just spoil their ballot paper anyway if forced, whats the point in making them? Is it not the opposite though? That you believe a leader of a party to actually have the capability to lead and implement what they have planned in their manifesto? If you go to look at a car that on paper sounds great then the owner walks out, makes stuff up about cars that you know is rubbish, gets in and slams the door hard shut, starts the car and guns it down the road without a second to warm up - would that knowledge not make you think twice about what was written on the paper? (ok as best a relevant example as I could think of!) For me I need to buy in to the whole thing, top to bottom. There is absolutely nothing to lose by seeing what these leaders are made of put face to face, there is nothing to lose as a voter looking for a more informed view.
-
My tyres and wheels have arrived. Now im scared!
coldel replied to celiabaker's topic in 350Z General
I think the reality is that many people spend £500 on tyres not £800 and its deemed a problem. I would wager you could have had F1 heated pre prepped tyres on that Pug and would have made naff all difference - ultimately its the plonker behind the wheel. Shame common sense can not be purchased as readily as tyres... -
But the TV debates are not for answering questions (ironically) its more about how capable these potential leaders look when under the spotlight and comparing across. Then you put this with all the other sources of information you have to make a final call on who to vote for, why exclude it, why not listen and make your own call?
-
Unfortunately we will never know with Clegg, as he never actually had any power to lead or run anything, the coalition gave the Tories enough seats to take government, the LDs never had enough seats to actually influence the policy making towards their own policies - Clegg was never in charge or running anything it was a Tory manifesto that played out. Corbyn clearly is thick skinned and pretty cut throat as we have seen in terms of binning people off - he seems a tough guy under it all, but comes across as someone so out of touch with the modern world and a lot of people in this country he has become unelectable. Its interesting, but there is a dearth of genuine 'leaders' out there in the political spectrum at the moment.
-
My tyres and wheels have arrived. Now im scared!
coldel replied to celiabaker's topic in 350Z General
I might be wrong and happy to be corrected but I think the above comments were more aimed at the idea that if you do not buy premium range topping tyres you are going to die very soon either in a blaze of fire or upside down in a ditch -
As Stu says, the TV debates bring a different element to a multi-element reason to voting for a party. Can you vote just by reading the manifesto? Or just by meeting your local Councillor, and so on and so forth? Many people do I know, but in my view that's wrong, what I think is right is getting to see the leader who ultimately ticks or crosses the box on macro decisions on this country perform against their opposite numbers as a leader, not as a script reader - anyone can practice a script long enough to stand up and read a statement and come across as leader material. I think in Clegg, you saw someone who had conviction and great knowledge in what he debated - sure the LDs couldnt influence government but they did keep some of the Tories killer polices off the table - problem was people misunderstood what exactly the LDs could execute in the coalition.
-
Ironically her excuse is that she prefers to go out and meet people face to face, which really seems the strangest thing to say when the TV debates give millions, not hundreds (which she will reach door knocking) the chance to see her - get with the times. But as I say, she is bottling it as she isn't good enough and she knows it. I like the idea of the empty podium. Almost like the whole 'unity/stability' rubbish as the reason for the snap GE. I get that politicians sometimes have to invent reasons for their actions, but the inventiveness of her advisors is pretty poor
-
...and TM has just ruled out appearing in a TV debate because quite frankly she would get put over a barrel, she simply isn't good enough and knows it, she would only come out damaging the Tories current standing. Good opportunity for the others though to stand up and try and shift the focus to their parties though.
-
Moved to the right place, also would suggest you speak with Zmanalex he tends to have plenty of everything lying around
-
+1 on TGM, a very good outfit but can also be quite expensive with sometimes 2-4 week lead times so don't ring expecting to drop it off a couple of days later.
-
I think Theresa Maybe (and there is a reason she is known as that) lacks leadership qualities all over the place, she seems weak, not as weak as Corbyn but given her previous roles where she ummed and urred on issues and made some glaring mistakes nothing appears to have changed in this role. She has called this so that she gets some breathing space on Brexit, the government sat on their hands for 8-10 months dithering on Brexit since the vote and now realise that they cannot possibly get anywhere substantial in the time left. So they have taken a vote now which they know they will win so that they are not faced with a GE a year after they have in all likelihood failed to achieve and agree an exit agreement in 2019.
-
Interestingly, polls are getting worse for predicting outcomes in votes, asking people who they think will win is more likely to be accurate...
-
The referendum last year was not legally binding and advisory only, unlike the AV vote a few years before which was legally binding. 17.4m wanted out, 16.1m wanted in, 13m didn't bother voting which was a shame as that would have given us a proper view of the will of the people. Anyway from a simplistic view of our divorce from Europe (and purely speculating), there is a predetermined end date which we haven't reached and nothing written in law to say we cannot back out, so if all parties involved i.e. all EU states and the UK agree, it could be rescinded? All that said, I don't think any politician in their right mind would reverse it, Tories have their rhetoric on it so do Labour with their views on passing the decision in parliament. Libs wont get enough of a say in any coalition (sounds familiar!) to make any impact on that. I think it will be a tory win, labour lose seats, libs gain some, UKIP fade back with no actual manifesto. Corbyn grimly hang in there post election and ends up getting shoved out kicking and screaming.
-
Early start is good for me, let me know meeting point. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Whereabouts are you, think I remember you saying that you drive through New Malden a fair bit or something like that? We could pick a petrol garage on the way out of surrey and meet there. PS, was at a Jap meet today at Ace, met a guy in a ginger 350z called Matt said he knew you from a Zed meet? Small world.
-
I think its more likely your nipper will unclip themselves and make their own way out into the world! I know Alfie could easily unclip the belt himself when he was 3-4 years old.