-
Posts
5,321 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by 4RE Leather
-
I tried on several occasions to message you and it says you cant receive any more messages!!
-
Some competition to drive the prices down Richard lol
-
Nissan R35 GT-R UK Black Edition Leather Seats
4RE Leather replied to R35LEE's topic in Member Traders
Has Octet already got these? -
Redlind Goods forum trader. Click on the link in my signature and it will take you directly to them. Then go the headrests on the left and navigate the dropdown menu. Pick your colour which can be plain or 2 tone. There are some good examples on there. follow the checkout proceedure and pay via payPal. Takes about 2 weeks depending on the design:)]
-
What!???? :0~ He's waiting to see the fitted pictures Thats down to Jumping350 when he gets round to fitting it lol. Soon I have been assured:)
-
What!????
-
Sorted Jumping lol:)
-
What! The money you earn ya tight git lol:)
-
To give those who dont know an insight intoAir Rifle mainsprings and there power, here are a few I have obtained; The max legal limit in UK is 12 ft lbs or 12 foot pounds of kinetic energy. Top one is the original i took out of the Diana G80 restore project and is approx 9ft lbs 2nd is a 12 ft lbs legal limit for none FAC or Fire Arms certificate Holder This is the original factory from my HW97 in picture in thread. 3rd one is a OX spring accelerator and is approx 17-20 ft lbs and is the one I hope to use as it is smaller diameter and a direct replacement for the G80. Notice the spring has square coils not round! This makes for a much stronger compression and is up to 40% stronger than a factory fitted round one! 4th was the one I wanted to use but would not fit as to fat. Again 17-20 ft lbs 5th Is for a Webley Patriot and my 1st FAC rifle. Approx 32 ft lbs of energy. I believe the rating for this is comparable to a small car if not more but I will out of interest get the figures. I might see if I can get this in the HW97 without having to take a couple of coils out. Incidently they make a power spacer in all sizes as well. These are like a fat washer the width of 1 coil. They are inserted 1st into the piston chamber prior to the spring and eash one can put up to 1-2 ft lbs increase. You may wonder how I intend to compress the spring to get it in the chamber. Well a shop bought compressor can cost upwards of £150-£200 and i am not paying that! so I intend to make one using a G clamp or a Sash clamp over the weekend for about £50.
-
Come on jumping get into gear lol!!!
-
Is it 1000 or 3000 rpm as mine is set in valet mode 3000rpm to stop the parking attendant (yeh right) more like Grease Monkey from joy riding!
-
Guess whats coming Shel???
-
Ok if your an Ant as thats one of the few things that will see them? Unless you get one of those yanky rear bumpers that have a section cut out!
-
I agree with you mate. Put them up with a description and a price. If people want them they will buy them.
-
What! and miss your midnight comments Dave! Not a chance:)
-
Anybody released carbon fibre steering inserts?
4RE Leather replied to Arran's topic in 350Z General
Not as yet as its something that I have given little credance to. I want the brighter reverse and stop and tail plus fog needs to be changed to the uprated leds that I have seen somewhere. Side lights I would like something like the Audi R8 but where and what lol:) -
:lol:
-
If you go onto the dealerships good and bad of you will find a long post on Crystals at Grantham. Basically they supplied me with an 18 month old supposed 1 owner low milage Nissan Pathfinder Adventura. I had it as a Motability vehicle. On collection it had 2 bald tyres one with wire sticking out the side. The spare as smooth as a babys bum. Wipper blades had the rubber coming away from the blade. 3 deep dents, Full service consisted of the original factory oil and fuel filter, Air filter was as black as the Ace of spades. No washer water Low coolant After 2 trips up from mine they put everything right and gave me £500 expenses. I think they thought that because I use a walking aid I am not firing on all cylinders! Well in this case I was!!!
-
The story so far. Today I made some alterations to the stock so it could take an uprated trigger guard. The one on the rifle was a nasty plastic thing. The replacement a black one of Alloy construction. 2 min job with the dremel and some woodstain and job done:) Pre stain The next job was the barrel blueing. For this I used a Jell from makers Bisley A highly toxic dangerous product that um well a kid can get hold of it over the counter or online!!! 1st wipe down the metal with sovent or white spirit. Then I used a soft brush and you just dip it in the pot (Gloves are a must) and dab it on. let it dry for approx 30-40 secs then wash off with cold water. I use a cotton wool ball and let the cold tap run over the item. Repeat the above 3-4 times until your sure that the area is fully treated and will not take any more blueing. After the treatment wipe dry and apply 3-1 or Gun oil to the whole area and buff up to a shine. You will have to repeat the oiling several times especially after the build until a deep luster is achieved:) I am now repeating the process on all the externals like barrel and sping housing/ lever and sights. This is the barrel after the 1st coat of oil. Certainly different from the rusty one of 2 weeks ago!!
-
Well the Diana G80 is actually a Milbro made under licence, It is infact late 60's early 70's. As suspected the barrel is heavily pitted and not sure if the blue will take so need a plan B Hopefully I wont have to use hammerite and the painstaking task of flattening it. Anyway here are a few pictures of many hours work and little to show for it. As RT Biscuit said the stock needed to be sanded down, stained and varnished, This is the 2nd coat of varnish and I need to sand this down with fine paper and apply a further coat of varnish. Proberbly let it harden for a few weeks then use T-Cut. The springs I have are no good as they wont fit in the piston, So I ordered an OX spring No 2 from Chambers Gun Makers in Scotland for £20 In addition a new leather seal I will update as I go. Sorry Stew the Mannilicher has been sold from the gun shop so cant get any pictures but may have some old prints.
-
I tried to pm you but is says you are not allowed messages!!! I am sure this is a blitch as I had this issue with Jumpin350 yesterday and it finally worked
-
Surprised more people haven't tried this. Really improved my Z
4RE Leather replied to perrin21's topic in 350Z General
When I went to sleep last it was 17th October, Seems I have woken up and its 1st April:) I think it was holding the right ear lobe that did it for me in the end! -
Beers are on you papa:)
-
I did a post on the fitment of the carbon version of this a few months ago. After measuring it up and marking it out I then put Tiger seal on the back and held it in place with masking tape for a couple of hrs until it dried. Then you can see the gaps and I think you will find it is more to do with the flexing of the rear bumper which is very thin. You then apply tiget seal into the gaps. Again let this dry and take off the masking tape. Then its just a matter of tidying it up. Lay a bead of tiger seal round the entire edge and use your finger to get it straight and smooth. Leave it over night and you will be good to drive the next day. You would not have a chance in heck using double sided tale for an item that large in the bottom of the bumper especially when there is no support behing it:)