Jump to content

4RE Leather

Members
  • Posts

    5,321
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 4RE Leather

  1. They dont trust me and I have 2 within 3 miles. Tomorrow is another day:) Still a couple of hours work so it will be done by tomorrow. If jumping dont want it I am sure someone will snap it up:)
  2. Walk away from the steering wheel..... NOW Its away honest
  3. Good as your next lol:)
  4. Thanks for that papa. So tempted to get it finished but I know it will be a hash job with a stanley knife:)
  5. Just finished all the repairs and recolour on the actual steering wheel leather. It looks like new and well happy with the results. Like I said this is the 1st one I have attempted. Where is the owner of this wheel tonight???
  6. I like that. It dipicts my mood:) I think it looks okay, except for the silly headlight tint Is it French?
  7. Well I now know that I can cover the centre with leather:) This is a picture of it just after I glued it down. Obviously I have to cut out the button holes hence the puckered up bit. Cant believe I dont own a pointed craft knife:( I recon Mt Jumping should go get me one! Anyone know where I can get one on a Saturday and I dont do crowds or traffic? There was none at focus. This is the only thing stopping me from completing the project!!
  8. He might be dyslexic!!!
  9. You do take the old cover off and it leaves a foam wrap underneath. Be very careful you dont slice into the foam as the sweat from your hand will eventually work into the cut and rot the leather from underneath. Take a look at jumping350's steering wheel picture if you want to see a worst case sinerio!
  10. I like that. It dipicts my mood:)
  11. Heve you been away Dave? We have missed your little qwips of late:)
  12. That is quality! I couldn't even see an interior pic via the link or my autotrader app? Bloody iphones that Smurf at once!
  13. Average price is £60 per wheel plus VAT and thats London prices!
  14. Just to make you aware of the cost involved of recovering your wheel with top of the range Italian/Napper or Alecante padded made ones. The 1st thing is you need to order it and get it shipped over. This could be as much as $200 (£123.45) total dependant on design and fabrics used. You then have to decide if you want to take the risk of stripping down your wheel and risk ruining it or get a donor. The reson I say stripping down is with some of them you need to cut the old wrap off 1st. Others can go over the top depanding if you want a nice thick feel the the wheel. I personnaly would get the later and there are quite a few on flebay for around the £60. This now takes you up to £200 and you still have to fit it. The only person I know to fit these resides in the USA and charges in UK money £100 and if you look at the tutorial vidio you can understand why. But a true Zedit would look toward the end result not the cost. Until I get mine from Redline and fit it I could not possibly quote.
  15. I bought this one yesterday and it just arrived so that was a good service. PLEASE NOTE!!!! I dont know if you are aware but those covers from Redline dont go over the one thats on there! You have to carefully take the old cover off 1st without damaging the foam underlay!!! Having looked at it I would say that it spent very little time on a car or the car had vertually no use. It is immaculate with out a mark on it which is very rare. It may have come of a salvage car. Anyway bottom line is it would be a criminal act to cut it up and recover it, so I shall proberble either sell it as it is or use it as a Donor so people dont have to park there car up because the wheel is missing.
  16. The latest pictures. Ready for colour application. make sure that the stitching is masked up! This is the leather I have picked for the centre cover. Just need to be colour matched now. All the tan is now correct and all thats left is to give it a top coat and the all important sealant prior to installing into the car. Next job is the Anthracite colour and the larger area.
  17. Going up, 3rd floor, haberdashery..................... Yes Mr Grayson! Are you free?
  18. Sew it up? Take a look at the tutorial video on Redlines site:)
  19. Here is the 1st stage all cleaned and prept ready for application of dye tomorrow
  20. More paperwork Taras!!!!
  21. If your happy with the work and you are going for the clear wrap, makes sense to get Taras to do it does it not? After all he is a wraper lol.
  22. I know you dont on a wrap as the under bonnet and door insides are not covered hence its classed as a paint protection even though in theory its a different colour. You need to ask the lady concerned.
  23. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... OU:GB:1123 Manage to get this down to £70 with a fight from £90. A really well looked afterone and just needs deep cleaning. trouble is once again it is to good to put a cover on it. Wonder what the price of a steering wheel is new from Nissan!
  24. Finally I managed to work out how the buttons come out If I have any hope at all of covering the silver plastic with leather they need to come out. Just a matter of seeing if RT Buiscuit can make some stickers up small enough in white that will stick to leather!!!
×
×
  • Create New...