-
Posts
5,321 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by 4RE Leather
-
They have email and a website, and one of them is a forum member, I think he has a Zed as well!
-
You can work on your car after midnight and at weekends Taras! I cant even get out the door today let alone come to yours! What other exciting projects have you got on the go at the moment?
-
I am not due till after Christmas Smurf but will discuss when I see you for obvious reasons. Things are moving along:)
-
Here is an import with out any functions but you can at least compare the fitting to yours. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-NISSAN-3 ... 3363541805
-
I shall try to remove the buttons which are connected to the control box underneath 2moro. But its no good because i still need a top plate with the correct amount of cut outs in it! Plus that wheel is not salvageable except for recover only. So I might get stuck with it! Remember I have never done one b4 so am working completely blind:)
-
Buff up!!! I am an artist Sir, not a vampire slayer!!
-
I believe they are but you may have to change the spiral cable that runs from the steering wheel controls to the radio etc i.e i don't know if the cable for only 3 buttons has the "spares" to do the wheel with 6 buttons but I know a man who does now So thats what the unacounted for wire with small spade connector on end is then?
-
I have a trade account at RSR Coulsden and have 2 invoices beside me now they read 275/40 R18 BSTONE RE050A 99Y price £ 204.50 £409.00 245/40 R18 " " " " " £158.00 £316.00 WHEEL BALANCE OFF CAR £5.50 £22.00 VAT at 20% Total £896 40 So looks like my discount might not be as good as I thought! I assume we all have 99Y's which are rated like thus W 168 mph 270 km/h Exotic Sports Cars Y 186 mph 300 km/h Exotic Sports Cars I have seen the same 275 potenza for just shy of £300 on fleabay.
-
Is that £200 plus VAT?
-
I work on the policy that if it’s all singing all dancing glitter at a low price, where are they making their savings?
-
Nothing I just like to read all these deals that insurance brokers are offering so I can decide who to go with next time.
-
take a look at the pictures of the controls The silver top is part of the cover. You want yours the way it should be and need and it would mean that when i come to do mine i need to strip my one apart from the car to cover the centr By having a like for like one I can then refurb the one thats off the car and just replace when done. So i dont loose the car for a week either.
-
It looks like a Great Dane has been steering your wheel with its teeth jumping350? as that leather looks beyond help. A few pictures of the other one is a must please lol. After finally finding a suitable donor steering wheel on fleabay its time to get started. I was going to obtain a new leather cover from Redline Goods but one Jumping350 has decided he wants it in the colours its in now. So here it is as out of the box. 1st thing is to completely strip it down so every part can be cleaned prior to the dye application. This might appear OTT, but if you dont remove all the dirt and grime as well as the years of grease and oil from our sweaty hands, the dye would not adhere and would come on your hands on the 1st hot day. Tools needed for the job are a T40 star shaped thing. and 2 screwdrivers, one philips one flathead. 5 cross head screws on the back release the silver control panels and using the T40 remove the 2 large pan head bolts holding the airbag housing base and rear cover sleeve onto the wheel. The whole thing comes apart with relevent ease and this is how it looks:- The silver control panels are fully interchangable by the looks of things so just a matter of swaping things around to suit your needs. In this instance Jumping350 only has 3 buttons on his wheel and this clearly has 3 each side. So just a matter of putting the blank one over what ever side is needed. 2 pictures of just how simple it all is! The next stage will be to clean everything. Not tonight though
-
I am watching this thread with great interest:)
-
I will have to completely strip the steering wheel down into its seperate conponatnts as it needs a good clean out. loads of grime and dust. Pistures will follow after i have founf the screw that went of safari!
-
I will clean it and redye so it looks as near to new as possible. Plus have a go at leathering the silver in Alezane. I could do with one that has 6 buttons as I will keep that one for myself. PM
-
Can you send me pictures of the one you would send me if i did an exchange service? This one is to good to destroy. And let me know how far you want me to go on this one so I can guestimate a price and pm you. Looks like each wheel will be different. I need to get another 6 button one for myself as i will have to buy the cover from Redline. I am going Red/black and yellow piping but I might be repeating myself! I can always get Taras to wrap the silver if needed. he did mine red and as i said thats mine on Redline's website as its the only 350 on there well it was when I last looked. Let me see what the weekend brings in the way of locating oder-less contact adhesive! You would have thought that old lag Smurf would have done that by now!
-
You 4got I won it on ebay and was just waiting for it to turn up. So you didnt believe e when I said i sweated my rollocks off taking it of my car then? Who was after the tan one anyway as mine needs to be Red but as the leather is in such ggod nick on this it seems a shame to spoil it hence restoration. Then sell it to someone who has Alezan interior.
-
I agree with you on that score Stew but if your the same as me we are the types that wipe every spec of dust off and keep detailing stuff in the car. So if anything were to occure we would be climbing all over it. If you want maintenance free then put it on. If you likie to polish then keep it off!
-
Been at a post office 7 miles away since last friday and the postman never left a card. What a plonker and why so far away? Anyway what to do with it lol. I might refurbish this and keep it Alezan and Anthracite However I have some leather so might cover that horrid silver centre with Alezan leather as well. I might even do the top half Alazan thats if i dare put a lighter colour over the dark. Someone is going to get a good deal on this one when its done:)
-
Took me ages to take this off just for you!!!
-
I never saw it Kev! Incidently if i don't ask someone else will. How much?
-
02/10/12 Wallington azure 350z
4RE Leather replied to The Bounty Bar Kid's topic in Spotted or Flyered
You can say that again Arran -
Don't wish to be horrrible, but maybe you should have waited till after the winter !! Cost of wrap ? How good a job it does ? Looks when removed ? All things to think of, but you could end up having to have it re painted for the shows next year. How long is a piece of string ???? Twice the distance from the center to any one of it's 2 given ends! Sorry Chris I have to much time on my hands.