Jump to content

4RE Leather

Members
  • Posts

    5,321
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 4RE Leather

  1. He's good isn't he? What colour is your wheel Papa Smurf?
  2. After deciding that I did not like the cut outs (as they looked naff) and the wheel was going on a car that did not have steering wheel controls. We decided to get some blanking plates and have another go at covering them with leather. Same procedure as before and this is the end result. Jumping350's refurbished wheel.
  3. Silver?
  4. That is not an Iphone 5 Mr Octet!
  5. 1ST one is a old belgium "Poachers Gun" as such it is made as light as possible by taking out the centre of the stock to help reduce weight. This one is also known as a "Folding Shotgun" and once folded like in the pictures it can slip inside a large purpose made sleeve sewn into the lining under a great coat or simular. I got this for £60 from a Game Keepers fair about 8 years ago and it was in a sorry looking but usable condition. I stripped it all down, sanded the wood and re-coloured it and the same with the metal work. All rust and yuk was rubbed down with wire wool and then degreased using a mild solvent. Then you apply the Gun blue direct from the bottle onto the metal using an applicator. If the metal turns blue you have done a good job of preparing it. If not you have to start over. Shot size is .410. Appologies for the pictures being upside down. but they are the right way up when they are in the folder in my documents. As soon as photobucket gets hold of them most get flipped over. I have tried the tools and rotate and save. but still to no avail When I got this it was a solid block of Canadian Dark Walnut imported from the USA. It came with a diagramme and instructions. I never used any power tool what so ever and the tools I did use were all carpenters wood working chisles and a wood vice. It literally was wooden hammer and chisel and sandpaper. I think I kept picking it up and putting it back down over most of the winter of 2007. It is a stock for a .22 Air rifle WEHRAUCH HW 97K Underlever. The next shot shows the actual air rifle it is intended for but needs a bit shaved off the length. The brass trigger and guard is another adaption of mine and this is fitted with a Ox spring to bring the power up and it is on the money all day at 50 yards. A few more toys in the box. From top down Tikka 5.56 centrefire Sako Quad barrelwith .22 LR attached 12 bore Semi camo edition 12 bore single barrel.
  6. I need to retreive the Lee Enfield and maninlicher from the gun shop tomorrow as they have had them for 9 months now and not sold them! I will put up a little poachers gun I which was my 1st restoration I did. hence i will never part with it:)
  7. It cocks and fires but I suspect it could be well weak I have a spare ox spring here so if if fits its going in. And who's pinched my WD-40 then?
  8. Underleavers:) This one was made in the earlie 80's but could be older. The spring seems weak and i think its due to the fact it had a pellet in it and was cocked. My neighbors dad died a few months back and it belonged to him, so how long it's been under load we dont know! Could have been nasty as checking to see if it was loaded is always the 1st thing you do. Especially as it was handed to me barrel 1st!!!
  9. No French surely. Oh hold on, that would be more than once. As you were. Come on Watshot, get on the right page:)
  10. It is my winter project but knowing me it will be done by the wekend lol I love working with wood and it took me 4 months to shape a bit of Canadian walnut from a solid block into a stock with a chin rest carved in it, a while back. I bought a Canadian rifle once, very good condition, never used only dropped once Thought that was an Italian Rifle SMD!
  11. Pipe cleaner? This needs a pull through with a Christmas tree a few times :
  12. Absolutely, but this sequence of events was not in the script, and unless it can be forseen is likely to strike and cause problems. I was highlighting what happened to me and how you can deal with it if it does land on you phone. The guy who wrote the instructions has a sense of humore at least:)
  13. A picture of a wheel cover purchased from Redline Goods and placed on a import wheel. I should imagine that this is just a bog standard one seeing as there is no bling. The leather Redline uses is top notch but I would want somethig a bit more challenging!
  14. It is my winter project but knowing me it will be done by the weekend lol I love working with wood and it took me 4 months to shape a bit of Canadian walnut from a solid block into a stock with a chin rest carved in it, a while back.
  15. Its a Diana G80 made in Great Britain!!! Quick wipe over with oil and its 50% better already. trigger pressure pull switch is knackered as the bolt is loose in the tread.
  16. The last 2 I did were a Lee Enfiled 303 with King George 5th bayonet and a 1886 Austro/Hungarian Mannlicher which I sleeved with 4.10 shotgun barrel so i could have some fun with them. I have them up for sale at Surrey Guns in Wallington but they seem reluctant to tell me if there is any interest or not. So might have to get them back. So you think its a BSA Chris? You might be right as the sights most definately are. Unfortunately the place where they used to put BSA on is a tad corroded. Despite all the rust and manky sights It fired 10 shots into a 2" circle at 25 yds. Me thinks a phone call to Chambers gun makers in Scotland for a nice big OXE Spring should do the trick. I will attempt to get the action out 2moro and put some more pictures up:)
  17. Theres a few ex trogs on this sight RCT Rule lol:)
  18. I never read the script of the above. i got it from a techno forum and was just glad I managed to get safari to stop storing my cookies:)
  19. Check ya PM's
  20. I saw it as well The R=T team have doen a great job on that:)
  21. I do like a challenge and when I was given this .22 Air rifle that had been left in a old wooden shed for years by the look of it I thought why not. Trouble is it was dark. When I saw it in the cold light of day I wondered just what the heck I had taken on. My hobby is buying old firearms and restoring them then selling them on, but this is by far the worst restoration I have taken on. Appologies if some are upside down but I uploaded them the Photobucket without realising they were like it!
  22. Iphone 5 clear History from safari blich! This will clear the search history: 1) Go to Settings --> Safari 2) Change your search engine (switch from Google to Yahoo! or vice versa) 3) Tap Home button 4) Tap Safari 5) Go to Settings --> Safari 6) Tap the following sequentially: Clear History, Clear Cookies, Clear Cache 7) Change your search engine back to what it was originally 8) Tap Home button 9) Launch Safari and verify search history is gone MBHockey is offline Even though you might have cleverly disguised the name of the page (e.g. 'Cunning Swedish Linguistics') Safari will keep showing the URL in the address bar. This is a default action for all bookmarked site. Delete the bookmark from Safari and use an app like 1password. It has a built in browser and does not use Safari, so Safari does not know what sites are bookmarked or what sites you visited. Your secret visit to 'Massive Banal Plug-ins' will remain a secret.
  23. Hiding porn sites from the missus, eh? I got spam attacked by a PIP company and because i could not delete the cookie it kept texting me. Its a world wide problem by all accounts and you dont realise its to late until its. umm 2 late:)
  24. It makes you chatter a lot SMD thats what it does:)
  25. Now you know its not a catch tank but a power steering resovior you should be fine:)
×
×
  • Create New...