Jump to content

HaydnH

Members
  • Posts

    5,184
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HaydnH

  1. I much prefer a square sidewall, the squarer the sidewall and chunkier the tread the better. To me it makes the tyres look like they were designed for proper use, where as stretched tyres look like a page 3 model working as a bouncer outside a Millwall pub.
  2. I don't know if Wasso's car is lowered in the second photo, but it's definitely lowered now on MeisterRs. It looks lowered in that photo to me judging by the tyre to arch gaps.
  3. I remember those, I had a falcon myself.
  4. Looking at ebay etc, the Goodridge lines seem to be about 2-3x the price of HEL, are they worth the extra cash? It seems steep for something to fit better that you won't really see?
  5. Megs do a spray can for convertibles that I find pretty good.
  6. Oh and Dazzle.
  7. If you were selling it I wouldn't bother with spacers, you won't get your money back in the sale.
  8. I had a similar thing a while ago in an MR2 but with a car pulling out in front of me instead of a kid... there's no worse feeling than not so good ABS kicking in and shuddering the car to a stop, it always makes me feel like I could stop the car quicker without it.
  9. We had a similar thing a few years ago at London Welsh. I'd taken 4 friends with me, 2 English, 1 Scottish and an Irish lass... I didn't realise they'd be the only 4 non-Welsh people in a 2000 people marque! Some welsh guy was being a **** for the first 20 minutes of the game (and 20 minutes before it started) until about 50 Welsh guys all started shouting at him... they all told him that he should buy us drinks for the rest of the day, which to be fair to the guy he did. Well until the last round of the day when we got him one back. For most Welsh people, rugby is a huge part of the Welsh national identity, just like the giants foot prints making the valleys. There aren't many more passionate fans around for any sport even if we don't show our feelings about it that often.
  10. Wow you can drive back to her place, park up, finish the job, get back to home/work and post on here within 30 minutes? Good work fella! I doubt she feels the same though.
  11. I doubt there's any Ginetta G17s that are road legal, otherwise that might have been a good place to try and sell it:
  12. I got a cab back from Cardiff to London about midnight...just think of the break from Zeditius I could of had with that cash.
  13. :snack: :snack:
  14. There's no way to disable the airbags either barring pulling a fuse.
  15. I had my car detailed a couple of years ago and then took it for an MOT the next day... I wasn't best pleased when the tester sprayed crap all over my bonnet... don't think I've told Tim@Envy about that yet. Shhhhh.
  16. I can't find any regs about the position of the plate, there's plenty saying you must have a front & rear, specific colours, font size and style, flags etc... but it only says it must be displayed regarding position.
  17. I actually quite like those on a black... I'm sure the tyre police will be along in due course to complain about the mixed tyres on the front though.
  18. I ordered mine from the states, courtesyparts.com I think but can't find it on their website now. http://www.zeebracket.com/ lists dealers though. TBH it would be fairly easy for you or a garage to make something similar:
  19. I'm off to the match in Cardiff as well! Haven't figured out how I'm getting back yet (the Zs in the garage)... we've booked the 02:45 national express coach to London getting home about 07:30am just in case we need a backup plan... currently a taxi is looking like the best bet.
  20. Mine's ordered.
  21. Body Shop.
  22. Jesus! You vultures! 25 minutes?? We (the mods) should consider turning this in to an auction (maybe blind) instead of first come first served blink and you've missed it.
  23. I'll certainly be up for this, not sure what car we'll have this year though now that the '2 has gone. I was going to suggest Bedford as a nice safe track to start at... then I remembered that Ginger (Z, not me!) who went through the pit wall last year.
  24. free coffee and toast how about that? I'm guessing that includes Marmite.
  25. Couldn't you shine a spot light through the door?
×
×
  • Create New...