Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. Very nice Chris, so sorry it will not be used for its original intended purpose though
  2. I had more knobs than I can remember in my Zed, most of them just wanted to look at my CF and dials / LEDs In fact one now Canadian knob left his knob in my Zed
  3. Each to their own though! Only colour I liked it in was white though
  4. Well Dave, I think it's got everything except a dipstick - It's a Jaaaaaaguar 3.0D XJL Portfolio in dark blue with blue leather - June 2010 http://www.jaguar.co.uk/quality-section/owners/handbooks-guides/xj-library.html Portfolio mmmmm top spec, very very nice that interior looks gorgeous
  5. I bet you get more dings and scratches getting in and out that you ever would parked on the road Check insurance too, a lot of companies actually charge MORE if your car is garaged...
  6. Depends what you define as robust, yes there were 2 issues where updates caused problems but I have never lost a connection when logged in and gaming
  7. We had baby wookie instead of turkey last year, it was very nice but a little chewy
  8. Exactly what I found too, in fact when the spacers were taken off I found the car very twitchy
  9. I am sure you could get it fixed but the way TV tech is going it would almost certainly be cheaper or at least not that much more expensive to just replace or upgrade unfortunately.... Or just take out some electrical equipment insurance, wait a month or so and then stick a claim in * * This is of course fraud and is not endorsed by the forum or any of its members, but it is still an option
  10. Yes you have to pay for PS+ and there have been some major issues when they have messed up updates but seems to have been ironed out now and there is way more free content on PS4 than Bone I believe, some great free games
  11. Right Hugh I need some details on spec and extras please although I know it is going to make my Jag look like a pauper edition
  12. Maybe try moving
  13. Was going to say the same thing, stop being so precious and accept it is a 10 year old car worth a few grand, park it in the best place you can and forget about it, much more important things to worry about in life imo A few Grand may not seem a lot to you, but it definitely is for me, worked hard to get my car, and even harder to get it back on the road. Had it been a bog standard Zed, then yeah I wouldn't be bothered as much where it was parked, But it's not, it can easily attract the wrong attention down this road, so I'd like to do what I can to look after the car. Wasn't meant as an insult Matt you should know that, I just meant stop worrying about what might happen and enjoy getting the car back. What do you mean by attracting the wrong attention? When I have lived in areas I thought were rough and worried about my car I found there was usually quite a bit of respect for cars like Zeds or Supras etc as they are affordable performance cars rather than Porches etc Yeah my bad with that one, I know what you mean. It's funny, with the attention, there's been reports of keyings, mainly from residents doing it Because people park in spaces outside there houses (Public road, they can) So they don't have to pay to park to go on the train. So residents get snobby about cars left there all day, thus mine would be left there all day too :/ Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to get back on the road, as a lot of things wont matter when I'm back in my car, I guess this was just a thread to see what other people have done to with regards to 3rd party storage Sounds like they just don't like commuters parking there all day while at work, if they see you and your car regularly and know you are a resident then I doubt yours would get any attention like that would it? Obviously not ideal parking any car on the street especially a cherished one but there are many members on here that don't have an option, I wouldn't get too hung up on it to be honest, you could pay for a garage or parking spot and then get the car keyed while parked up when you are out and about...
  14. It may be a good price but I personally wouldn't take a decent car to Halfords for any sort of mechanical work, there must be a good Indy near you if you don't want to pay dealer prices. If you post up your general area someone will suggest somewhere good I am sure
  15. I don't know him in real life. He just goes on the same forum as me. He's Scottish and I am guessing from your name that you might be too? If so maybe you know him? Ha ha A lot of horsey types are anti cars, especially sporty loud ones, not stereotyping as you certainly love both
  16. What did you think Time Machine was, a portable Mac Tardis Anyone with a modicum of tech savvy will be able to retrieve anything you want and re-install the OSX.
  17. Was going to say the same thing, stop being so precious and accept it is a 10 year old car worth a few grand, park it in the best place you can and forget about it, much more important things to worry about in life imo A few Grand may not seem a lot to you, but it definitely is for me, worked hard to get my car, and even harder to get it back on the road. Had it been a bog standard Zed, then yeah I wouldn't be bothered as much where it was parked, But it's not, it can easily attract the wrong attention down this road, so I'd like to do what I can to look after the car. Wasn't meant as an insult Matt you should know that, I just meant stop worrying about what might happen and enjoy getting the car back. What do you mean by attracting the wrong attention? When I have lived in areas I thought were rough and worried about my car I found there was usually quite a bit of respect for cars like Zeds or Supras etc as they are affordable performance cars rather than Porches etc
  18. Please no pics Finishing touches just being made to your birthday tea
  19. Yep very true, my big old barge can keep up with most Zeds unless it gets very twisty
  20. Damn!!! I think it really depends on the car. For me it's purely based on the feel good factor, power isn't as relevant when you're in 0-60 under 6/7 seconds as at the end of the day it is irrelevant on the road Very very true, as you say in real world driving, not driving like a total knob there is not much point in having silly amounts of power. My next Jaaaag will hopefully have 500bhp+ but I doubt very much I will drive it any faster than my current one
  21. Each to their own though! Of course, I very nearly bought one despite the rear so that says it all really... The GT really is nice
  22. I got my son a flat piece of cardboard for Christmas, he has been going on about wanting it for months, no idea what he wants with an ex-box though
  23. A few years back Paul McCartney bought his wife Heather a new artificial leg for Christmas. It wasn’t her main present, it was just a stocking filler.
  24. My best Christmas cracker joke was about 20 years ago when my son was little, I photocopied a £50 note about 10 times and put it in his cracker And yes I know it was technically counterfeiting and luckily he didn't call child line or I could have been in trouble.... was very funny though
  25. So sorry for your loss Rob
×
×
  • Create New...