Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. It's cheap and a lot of old dears like them
  2. No worries, hope it works out ok
  3. Need to take price and use in to account surely I drove an i20 to Newcastle and hated it but as a cheap runaround for someone to just go to the shops and back or work then it would be a great option
  4. That could be worth a try, thanks 👠Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Don't suppose you have a link or pick of the speaker you used have you mate?? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I would take apart the nav first to see what connection is on the one in the unit but I used one like this http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/6w-mylar-speaker-rohs-compliant-87mm-n40gw There will most likely be a mono connection so just connect to one terminal, remember to attach the speaker to some trim to get best volume
  5. You're probably right, but as I'm not a Star Wars fan, I haven't looked into those prices much at all. The Ghostbusters car was £45 and over 500 pieces, what do you think of that pricing? I think for the 2 hours of fun I had with the other half building it and the great display piece it will be coupled with the nostalgia of the 80's, it was a freaking bargain Doesn't sound bad value at all
  6. Awwwwww Don't waste any sympathy on him Why's everyone so mean it's the time of year for joy and loving The season of goodwill and joy to all... ... Except you
  7. . . and just to make you feel even better, they think by mid Jan it will be somewhere in the $0.70's Cents per litre region :yahoo: Yes but you have to drive 500 miles to the local shop
  8. This is what I did lol. Oopsie. Never been so sad to be right
  9. Very doubtful mate, there is the sales of goods act but electrical goods are excluded I believe, could be wrong... Nope, had the same issue. Got myself a new screen for free out with warranty. Theres a couple of things that you need to prove but consumer advice will advise on it. Fair enough mate, good to know
  10. Awwwwww Don't waste any sympathy on him
  11. Craig I get the Volvo comment, the cars look and drive great but a bit like Jaguar the stereotype is just too much for some Hang on you just looked at a Lexus !!!!
  12. Very nice Docwra, sounds like a cracker Perfect for a lout like you
  13. Yep totally agree I normally don't bother with warranties but Richer Sounds ones are very good, touch wood I have never had to use one though
  14. Very doubtful mate, there is the sales of goods act but electrical goods are excluded I believe, could be wrong...
  15. Pricing wise I was looking a while back for LEGo for my Godson for his birthday and the standard sets i.e. Pirate Ship or Fire Engine were not too bad but anything Star Wars related was just silly prices, I guess there is the licensing etc but still looked too high
  16. I had a look at those, nice but nothing too exciting. Have you looked at Volvos, S40 S60 etc
  17. I guess Shell are banking on those with more money than sense who insist that V-Power is spectacularly better than anything else....
  18. I could go for an obvious one to do with kids or partner etc but I would say for sheer excitement and pleasure it was bumping in to Black Francis in the toilets of the Dublin Castle waiting to see Madness (Dangermen) quite a few years back. A very cool fella and the Pixies are one of my favourite bands
  19. My Son had loads of LEGO and Star Wars stuff when he was little, mainly because I love the stuff and enjoyed playing with it too
  20. I like that idea Maybe a piano key lock Batman Style I can bring my batman suit if it helps
  21. Thanks Dave - Not been the best year for me - looking forwards to putting 2014 behind me and hope for a better 2015 Yep that's the best way to look at it big man, glass half full, life goes on and all that, hope to catch up at a meet in the New Year
  22. Each to their own though! Only colour I liked it in was white though Black is nice too, IMO but just like white have to keep it clean, at least the business would be paying to have it washed! True, black slims the wide arse on it but as you say just keeping it clean that would be a pain
  23. I took my old navman apart and wired in a £4 speaker from Maplins, fitted it behind the lower dash and it worked a treat
  24. 117.9 surely? Definitely a nice bonus though, almost as cheap as 4 years ago With this and the improved dartford crossing my commute is almost becoming a joy
×
×
  • Create New...