Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. I remember watching youtube videos of this last year, didnt think my respect for humanity could drop any lower, but it did! Only in America..... although to be fair if they actually did deals like it in the UK it would be just as much of a joke....
  2. +1 sales and bargains just aren't what they used to be, sales are 12 months of the year I can't honestly remember the last time I bought something significant that's wasn't in a sale Just bought a sealy mattress from Argos reduced from £1,500 to £500 but I doubt they ever sold any at £1,500 same with furniture/sofa/carpet stores etc etc etc, if you look right at the back of the store you will find the full price exaggerated stock that will be massively discounted just in time for Christmas/Easter/Bar Mitzvah/Bank Holiday/New Year/Ramadan
  3. Maybe you just don't look like your average Porsche driver That is a compliment by the way
  4. Been lots of moaning on forums etc about the lack of story, gameplay is excellent but very repetitive, I think I must have killed about 100 Archon Priests !
  5. In my experience it was a sizeable cheque
  6. Thanks - and me too. Getting close now Hope so been waiting for this V8 build for a while now....
  7. Probably most likely the wheels/tyres. You need 20" rims and not the standard Dunslip tyres I found the ride to still be a little floaty (it is a 2tonne barge) and mine didn't have adaptive suspension which firms up in the corners so I fitted £250 eibach springs, the car looks so much meaner and now handles itself pretty well for a big car, although if I was regularly going to throw it through twisties I would upgrade the brakes, just ask Will/Graham/Darren etc.... When you say you test drove a sport, was it a. XFS or an R-sport as there is a BIG difference, can't say I have ever felt like I can't push my Jaaaag, if anything I have to hold back or I would loose my license very quickly
  8. I wouldn't say the technology is staggering, staggering for a Jag maybe but to be expected in a similar priced German car... As for the locking by mobile I can't wait for the hacking and insurance hikes I really wanted the XE to look and feel special as I would be in the market maybe for a 3 door coupe version, but sadly I just don't feel it. The XK, XF & f-type have all looked great to me and made me want one but the XE just doesn't do it. The fact that Jaguar have 'toned down' the look to try and shift a lot of them adds to the feeling really, especially if they do shift and they are everywhere...
  9. Is that partly because you're 8 foot tall? I won't lie that does help, I was with my son too who is 6'7" so unlucky if you were behind us
  10. Dirty boy! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. m Not just dealers certain Independants do the same, very shabby...
  12. If it drives as well/better than an XF then that will be its saving grace, but agree about the looks, will people want a Euro box with a Jag badge
  13. The rear in particular is very 'Audi' and non descript, from the side it is just as mallet XF, and the interior has lost 99% of the personality and style of the XF although it does have more tech.
  14. Yeah lots of little bits and bobs
  15. So the biggest thing to shout about the update is that you can do tricks on your sparrow....
  16. I'm not a fan of sit down gigs really, went to Wenbley to see Oasis last show there but was standing, sound was great, Kasabian were very good too
  17. Probably just got a duff one, otherwise Mr twobears needs to watch his step
  18. Daily Mail strikes again..... yep it is 18+ rated for a reason
  19. Hard to beat my line to Straun when he first started... "Let me take you to the moon and back "
  20. On nightfall? Fun arn't they. Good to see they are removing the cheesy cheats too, like hiding under the the balcony on the priest fight Yeah the b*stards! I ran over to hide then couldn't get under and got promptly handed my ar$e on a plate Yeah did the nightfall weekly one with a German guy and and American girl, the team chat option is good now much more social, I can see Destiny Dating becoming popular.... kill a Minotaur then straight in with some chat up lines 😜
  21. Oh I am enjoying it but the graphics are nothing special, the novelty of the 1st person view soon passes and you realise it is how pretty much 99% of games are made Gameplay wise it is GTA you either love it or hate it, I personally love picking up a hooker then beating her up to get my money back but I can see that it wouldn't be for everyone
  22. Just done the weekly heroic that was tough!
  23. I only played it for an hour or so on PS3 so enjoying it a lot
  24. Not a massive difference with GTA5 Will, yes it's nicer looking and yes 1st person is fun but if I had played the original more I wouldn't have bought it again... It certainly isn't THAT pretty compared to some of the other releases lately
  25. Hope the update is worthwhile, beginning to drag now. I don't have the time or inclination to do the VoG, seems like they have replaced a decent story element with just reduce loudly hard strikes (weekly heroic) or multiplayer events that are just stupidly long (VoG) Still love doing a daily strike and catching up with mates like Straun & Steve for a blast though
×
×
  • Create New...