Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. Nope. The fact that I don't believe in the existence of god doesn't mean it's wrong to take holidays to which everyone is entitled to, not just people of certain religions. Similarly, I can't imagine going to work tomorrow and telling my Muslim team member that she has to work over Christmas and that she can't come to the office party I've heard people in the past having a jab at atheists for having time off at Christmas and joining in the festivities, but it's an incredibly simplistic and naive argument. Every single person in the world could be accused of hypocrisy in many different ways e.g. care about the environment? - Don't have kids or drive a nice car then; feel bad for the poor in Africa - give away all your money and possessions to help them then.....etc ad infinitum. When I take time off at Christmas, eat nice food, drink too much and spend time with people I care about I'm not celebrating the birth of Jesus, I'm just choosing to have a good time that coincides with a lot of other people doing the same thing, some of whom are religious and some of whom aren't. What I certainly wouldn't do is slag off people who were choosing to celebrate the religious aspects of it - my problem is with religion in general, not people of faith. I asked the question that's all, I personally despise the commercialism of Christmas, it is about as far away from a religious celebration as you can get I treat people as people not on colour, race, religion or anything else, there are bigots of all types around, doesn't matter if you believe in an afterlife, life is too short for hatred
  2. Ah the old 'I did this for years and never got pulled' argument so then it can't be illegal can it All I know is that if I was involved in an accident with a modified car I would be taking pictures of everything and anything
  3. Nothing wrong with tapatalk, you guys obviously have issues with technology...
  4. I do love the way everyone tries to show what a great driver they are by posting the lowest mpg or miles per tank You would have to drive like a complete ***** not to achieve mid 20's with mixed driving...
  5. The suspension setup hasn't changed since 2012
  6. Classic. Idea ~ Now start interviewing for topless bar maids via Skype. Or get a flight to LA and interview them properly in the flesh
  7. Technically my Zed was my missus car, but she never drove it and adopted my car as her daily Nothing wrong with a RR though although in Surrey they are everywhere
  8. I commute 50 miles a day in mine also, computer tells me I average 27mpg over mostly motorway driving, with some town and B roads also - it also gets used at weekends and sees some spirited driving. I'll see 300 miles to a tank on a good week and that's from full until empty. It costs me approximately £65 to fill up with 99 at tesco. thats still got at least a quarter of a tank in... 27mpg will easily do 400 miles, its an 80 litre tank! Maybe it is an import? I think there is a limit to how practical/affordable a commute in a Zed is worth considering, 20/30 mile round trip can be justified but 50/60 a day and even man maths struggles...
  9. When I did my Religious Education exams (compulsory) I just made origami animals for an hour... Religion means zero to me, I don't believe in an afterlife but when I married a strict Roman Catholic I had my 2 children baptised and confirmed because that was the beliefs of their Mother's family. They also both went to RC schools and seem to have turned out ok so far, although neither are in any way religious now either. Do any of the Atheists on here refuse to take their religious bank holidays off at Easter & Christmas?
  10. Is your surname Hefner
  11. Think she's beyond help unfortunately. She does have to live with you so fair comment
  12. Fixed that
  13. Thanks for visiting though did you find the key in the cake..............or did you not remember that i'd put it there I did forget but taking a sieve to the loo for a couple of days and bingo also managed to make some nice art on the toilet walls
  14. I think the thing here Neil is your Dad has put like for like replacements on his Volvo, not genuine OEM but similar spec. If he fits a mahoosive bore exhaust etc then maybe different. At the end of the day always best to check with the insurer and make sure you are covered. I replaced OEM Jaguar wheels with different OEM Jaguar wheels but still declared them as they were not factory fitted. If I had a Zed with standard alloys and fitted Rays I would do the same
  15. Like the new Zed signature picture Graham. @grundy ~ If you start paying guys to drag women off into vans no matter what the plan I'm pretty sure you'll be getting arrested & locked up yourself. Hey beggars can't be choosers...
  16. Thanks for visiting though
  17. Knowing how the ABS light is on a Zed you will not look out of place in Blackpool with all the other illuminations
  18. Yeah I have played CoD on PC and was not blown away.... Maybe catch up one night this week
  19. Me - i love the look of the convertible 370, depends on the colour though, in red or white it really has got a huge arse. In black rose its just lovely Yes Rosie looks slimmer in her little black (rose) dress
  20. Any time (well, any time I'm not in a Raid... that pretty much rules out Tuesday nights). I did the raid on Hard on the weekend with my Warlock... and finally got the raid helmet! My Warlock is now lvl 30! (well will be as soon as I complete a few bounties to unlock the last upgrade or 2)... my Titan and Hunter both need one more piece for lvl 30, gloves and boots respectively if I remember right. I also got Atheon's Epilogue and the Vex Mythoclast at last!! Still not done the raid
  21. I'm sure along with Doogy, we can cater for your "needs" if you ever venture up North. Ok next time Jim is over we will take my Jaaaag to see your Jaaaag
  22. Well I could stroke that Jaaaaag ass all day
  23. But did he like the Jaaaaaaag? It's all about Leon's rear end. So smooth. Back, sack & crack?
  24. But did he like the Jaaaaaaag?
×
×
  • Create New...