Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. Most people would, I don't think anyone chooses a diesel because they prefer the engine to a petrol one, no chance you would get anywhere near the economy though. I average 50% better in my 3l V6 diesel compared to the 5l V8 If there was a diesel 370z I bet it would sell just as well as the petrol rightly or wrongly
  2. If it was that bad nobody would be talking about it...
  3. The thing with diesels is the wrong people buy them i.e. People who will not do many miles and short trips. I honestly fail to see the point of small diesel cars, the engines are designed to do lots of miles but why would you do lots of miles in a small car? Modern big powerful diesels are fantastic and anyone who says they are not has not driven one Yep there is zero exhaust/engine noise and if I could have afforded it I would have had the petrol V8 in my Jag, but I enjoy driving it every bit as much as I did my Zed :
  4. I thought that too Yes you could find a Zed on high mileage that is a peach hopefully, all the things I mentioned are consumables and need to be taken in to account that's all
  5. I get your point but maintenance is a separate issue altogether, there won't be a problem in this department. I know the requirements of the car and that's in the budget. So why not spend more money on a better car? Perhaps one that's already had the clutch and other bits done? For example you could prob pick a very good forum car up with all the major bits done and less milage for 7k.......chances are if it's a forum car at least you've got a chance of someone regularly running it on super for a period of time. Seriously he's not exaggerating when he says 50% of the value. That was my point, going cheap with the budget could be a false economy, worrying about what fuel has been used is a bit of a moot point really, no way you will ever know for sure...
  6. I always take the 'average' as being the best you will ever see on a really nice long run, has been about right on almost ever car I have owned...
  7. So you manage to find a 100k+ car for £5k, reassure yourself that it has been run on 98 then in the first year you need new tyres, clutch & flywheel and disc/pads all round, that would be almost 50% of the cars worth, if you can afford all that then go for it, if not then think again
  8. Unfortunately as the cars themselves become cheaper so do some owners, why not check what tyres are on the car and ask about discs and pads that might give you a heads up on if it has been run on a budget
  9. For £9k I would expect it to bloody float! For £9K I'd want it to have a bl**dy engine. Wouldn't mind this engine with it
  10. For £9k I would expect it to bloody float!
  11. Bob and Chris are going can we afford this?........ Who ate all the pies.... who ate all the pies....
  12. I can pick you up on the way, no point taking 2 cars
  13. Same old stuff The photography/film work is exceptional, just a shame the 3 old farts can't be replaced... I won't moan, I will just keep watching hoping for something new not just a rehash of what has gone before
  14. Thanks James, unfortunately the sub isn't dual voice which I believe is what I need for my Jag, real bargain though I am sure someone will snap it up!
  15. Can you add some measurements? I need something to fill up my boot a bit and add some extra bass to the other 16 speakers Would also need to know the model of the sub so I can check if it is dual coil
  16. I guess if you are using your 370 as a daily and doing a commuter run then 95 might make sense if you never get the chance to put your foot down, but then the weekend might come and you still have 1/4 tank left I think at the end of the day if you buy a 370z then you should have budgeted for 98 ron fuel, decent tyres, proper servicing etc etc etc
  17. 1) AmyZed 2) Grundy 3) Dunks 4) DDay 5) Blaqkaudio 6) Pritchard 7) kite 350 8) Ogman 9) octet 10) Gumpy000 11) glrnet 12) MadMarky 13) Will370z 14) Buster + mrs Buster 15) willetts 118 16) Andy James + greedy girl 17) Paddy78 +1 19) SMD (but I won't be taking a Zed place on the stand, just don't want to miss a close meet with lots of mates there!)
  18. A 350 doesn't drive like a 300bhp car tbh, the power is very linear and predictable, if it is dry, you have TC on and decent tyres/geo setup you will have no problems at all
  19. Hope it is sunny at the end of the month at the Woodman
  20. You didn't scare me in GUNS, just slightly aroused
  21. Cool man, I'm down there on there on the 24th . I think I am wound that weekend
  22. * their But totally agree Nothing like HIGHLIGHTING your poor grammar
  23. Colin just put wipers & lights on auto and forget about them
  24. Don't doubt it, awesome car, but I still don't like the stuck on iPad look
×
×
  • Create New...