Jump to content

350 Russ

Members
  • Posts

    2,936
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 350 Russ

  1. I've had 3k a year for the past few years, fingers crossed its the same again this year
  2. I feel for you there mate, good luck
  3. Thanks for all the replies, we spent the day yesterday giving the zed a good clean up and wet sanding out a lot of orange peel and imperfections in the paint work on the monte before a full detail, it wasn't a full correction just a good going over to get a better shine. There's still a lot of bits to do it to it to make it mint but still looks good If you notice on the video the bonnet is a crap fibreglass pattern part and looks awful, I don't think there is a flat part on it, anyway it came out ok in the end. And I got this mammoth sun burn in the process. Also I got a few second video of the beta running which IMO is one of the best exhaust notes I've ever heard, it didn't last long (blocked fuel filter) I'll have to upload it later
  4. i wet sanded my dads lancia and got a man size sunburn in the process!!!
  5. Congratulations, not sure if the 156 sw will be big enough, there quite small inside
  6. 3000 gallons!! surely a typo!
  7. Just a couple of pics for anyone that might appreciate them. They are both my dads and he has owned this Beta coupe for 20 years, he's about halfway through restoring that one, its only done 54000 from new and still runs superbly. Its a 1300cc and there are only 8 registered in the country now. and the other is a Montecarlo Spider. its a 2000cc lampredi engine, covered 39000, it was a barn find about 6 months ago and was in surprisingly good condition considering. not perfect but it gives him something to do. not a spot of rust and feels a lot quicker than it is, no crap Clarkson esq rust jokes please.
  8. This has had me laughing for about 5 mins, classic
  9. i wanted to go to this but had to work unfortunately. i attended the last 2 years at the nissan/renault HQ and enjoyed them both
  10. age? spec? condition?
  11. totally agree, drives me nuts every time I log on, can we at least make it play without the sound unless you want it to?
  12. Cracking work, your daughters going to love it, I had a mini for my first car, it was a cooper rep and I thought it was the dogs nads! I would love to be able to restore a car like you have done but all that sanding just plain scares me!
  13. Tasty looking alfa, I've got a 156 as my everyday car and I love it, never had any problems with mine either, my dad has 2 alfas and he's never had a problem either apart from servicing so the reliability is an old wives tale.
  14. Chrysler crossfire, I'd rather fall down the stairs than be anywhere near one
  15. a good polish up with a rotary or DA of some sort.
  16. Totally agree with Stuarty, surely there's not much more they can do with a phone? Even if you go back just 10 years, a phone maybe had music playing capabilities. Shows how far the iPhone moved the market on
  17. I think you have to have hi-vis vests in the boot for driving on the continent, also warning triangles.
  18. on a 65mm hole your more likely to bend the screwdriver, you'll have about a 30mm radius of sold wood around your centre hole. you could chisel it but its unlikely to leave a nice flat bottom. yes you can do it that way, but i've always been a strong believer in the right tool for the job, and on such a large diameter hole a hole saw is not the right tool. depending on depth you want to go, and if you have a router, you could hole saw it then use the router to take the centre out. or just get a 65mm forstner bit. its only a soft wood sleeper, it will snap out easy. aslong as its not on a knot.
  19. Easiest way to do it, drill hole with holesaw, when deep enough remove drill, then get screwdriver in the centre hole of sleeper and bend it, plug will snap out nice and easy and in one piece, if not use either chisel or flathead screwdriver in the cut from the holesaw and will split the plug and out she pops, 5 min job
  20. The bit your removing will be stuck in the middle of the hole saw in the drill, either that of buy a flat wood drill bit.
  21. Bob Marley Stevie Wonder Jose Mourinho
  22. Not to sure what your on about dude? Where did this Q come from? My zed didn't have rear mounted turbos..? i think he meant what was posted up and the vid earlier in the thread. thats unbelievable, glad your ok. could have been nasty. shame about your car
  23. Where are you based?
×
×
  • Create New...