-
Posts
11,236 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Neilp
-
look forward to seeing this matey... need to get it lowered and on spacers though check g mans car out, his sits absolutely awesome not too low either
-
Happy birthday bud! Many happy returns
-
I'm guessing you mean 5-6psi a week. If it bar then is say you had a puncture. That sounds more like a seating problem on the rim and not being sealed correctly. I wouldn't say it was the tyres losing air. Did you not get them checked for punctures and leaks? Tyres were checked, rechecked, moved around and whatever else. >10 visits to tyre shops. I think I just got extremely unlucky with a set of rubbish tyre compound (maybe same batch). And yes, I did mean PSI That is extremely unlucky bud. What model of maxxis was it, if you can remember?
-
I'm guessing you mean 5-6psi a week. If it bar then is say you had a puncture. That sounds more like a seating problem on the rim and not being sealed correctly. I wouldn't say it was the tyres losing air. Did you not get them checked for punctures and leaks?
-
Project Loved by some , Hated by most
Neilp replied to cefiro_drifter's topic in Member Build Projects
Welded diff has absolutely no effect on day onday driving apart from skipping and tyres making a noise on tight turns. Once it's above 5mph you wouldn't know It had one in. I've have 60 odd cars and about 45 of them have been red and I can say at least 40 of them have had welded diffs and I usually do 25-30k a year everything from 80's pick up trucks, mx5's, mr2's to 5 series bmws and supra's Stock drive train is pretty solid tbh on these apart from clicking drive shafts which aren't really an issue. Mine are clicking but I only replace stuff when it's broken and not working lol. Iirc the boxes are good for about 400 lbs torque but early models have syncro issues. Zmanalex runs over 600whp through standard block and its fine. Boys in the states running much higher Stock handbrake seems to lock up well but then I have brembo's on mine and it's locked up at 80 with just man size tug The handbreak works drums on the zed Clutch wise gonna stick with the stock one and upgrade when it's burnt out. Should hold fine as I'm not gonna be goin for any more power at the moment. I tend to be very mechanically sympathetic and I'm a big fan of massive scandi flick entries. Was famous for them at one Stage in bdc lol. Managed to have a guy scramble to get out my skyline at llandow after one lap even thou he paid for 3 as he said he heart couldn't cope With the flick entries i was doing. Surfice to say my ego was MAAAAHIOOOSIVE that day lol looking good so far, will look much better once lowered though. I think the stretch tyres makes it look a lot higher as the tyres look alot lower in profile when stretched. -
hope they done their research on whats inside flourescent tubes and what it does to a human body.. complete idiots if you ask me....
-
maxxis are very well thought of these days in the track scene, especially in drifting. My missus dads tyre place is a stockist and im trying to get a hold of track tyres to test them out. Currently the semi slicks only come in very small wheel diameters
-
Not right now tho....might become a Tourist Big Mac.... forgot about that lol
-
i reckon i can easily get through 7 or 8, i managed 2 full suspersize double big mac meals a few years back including all the drink and fries. my buddy used to work in mcd's when were at school so we had access to all things mcd's lol ohh.. go to egypt... you get chicken big macs.... phenominal
-
I'd go get an oil filter and fresh oil and do a full change to be sure, any premium brand 5w30 fully synthetic will be fine but you will need just short of 5 litres.
-
when something is for sale on here and someone says, i'll take it.... that in my eyes enters you into a preliminary contract with said buyer on a gentlemans agreement.. Keep it simple... whoever agreed to take it first should be getting the 1st choice on it.... This is why the forum sets rules on selling. Keep it simple lads and stop hunting for more cash once you have agreed to sell it for less and then realised there is more interest.
-
hahahahaha hes not much older than me
-
£8500 on new hair products?... oh i think your in trouble big man
-
No that's water temp, not oil temp.
-
+1, over a hundred quid a tank of v-power or 99 ron not many miles from a tank if enjoying yourself. 5.5k is a very tight budget, especially with the cost of things to go wrong. Id much rather spend 2 grand more as you will find yourself spending 2k on parts probably and start to regret it. 7-8k will get you a nice 53-04 model with lower mileage and well looked after. Not much really goes wrong and if it does it happens on most 350's. So its a risk either way. I disagree. Recently the higher mileage cars are having engine failure, very bad oil issues, clutch, suspension, exhaust issues.. The list goes on. The price to rectify most of these issues is pretty high. IMO spend a bit more to save a bit more. A little bit extra for a lower mileage zed is the sensible thing rather than having a car which breaks and then being unable to afford the repairs on it.
-
the money it would cost will be crazy i reckon and it would be a specialist job... much easier going twin turbo but be prepaired for 15k + bills mate. Its the bottom end that needs work on the zed. Why not do an ls3 conversion or the likes?
-
+1, over a hundred quid a tank of v-power or 99 ron not many miles from a tank if enjoying yourself. 5.5k is a very tight budget, especially with the cost of things to go wrong. Id much rather spend 2 grand more as you will find yourself spending 2k on parts probably and start to regret it. 7-8k will get you a nice 53-04 model with lower mileage and well looked after.
-
It would be much easier with an extra set of hands. I done mines myself also but make sure you get a decent torque wrench with correct drives etc. If I could go back again I wouldn't spend the money on it. I don't regret it but in total for the money I've spent i could have easily charged her and on the way to tt. Live and learn I suppose. All those mods did make a very big difference and is very noticeable against standard zeds on track and especially noticeable against 370z's as they should smoke a 350z
-
congrats and welcome to zed ownership
-
+1 my old mech put too much on mine and it was everywhere on the wheels and hubs etc.
-
I concur... But I'm pretty sure the competition spec stuff will be much more advanced than the off the shelf stuff. Most competition stuff isn't road legal. Kw v3's are road legal but if you step up a grade to clubsport then I'm sure they're not road legal. Meister r's are very well priced but I'm sure people were hesitant like me due to the price being so affordable, it casts doubts. More long term reviews under the stress of the very heavy 350z would help satisfy people's views I reckon. After seeing keysers tein shocker snapped it makes me worry about such stuff.
-
Isn't this what happens when the head gasket is fooked? I wouldn't be driving it in the mean time until its been looked at. What year and mileage is the car?
-
It was always a pleasure being "moderated" by you don't know how you lot do it to be honest... At least your Internet usage will have dropped significantly now, isp's will be happy and you will have saved on co2 emissions.... Mr green eco man will be jumping for joy