-
Posts
11,236 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Neilp
-
Neilp Build thread-- " NOS.... I Need NOS!!! "
Neilp replied to Neilp's topic in Member Build Projects
haha unfortunately for her she'll be at school while i pick it up lol, its coming home on a trailer lol just you behave yourself, ill let you drive her at knockers Pfft - well we're still having a weekend at Whittlebury - and you're paying for Nicole You'd better get that girl a rock this Xmas right lets get this back on topic lol -
sure did mate hope you used Ultralase
-
Neilp Build thread-- " NOS.... I Need NOS!!! "
Neilp replied to Neilp's topic in Member Build Projects
hahahahaha i'll tell her you passed on the message lol -
Neilp Build thread-- " NOS.... I Need NOS!!! "
Neilp replied to Neilp's topic in Member Build Projects
haha unfortunately for her she'll be at school while i pick it up lol, its coming home on a trailer lol just you behave yourself, ill let you drive her at knockers -
Right guys, after getting pestered by the usual suspects to start a build thread I thought I would let you lot in on what has been going on.... Engine Stripped ready for work Bottle Test Mounted in the boot for location Seats Being Chopped and brackets made to fit Seats Installed into the car More to come, Watch this space... much bigger things happening soon Cheers Guys
-
I got the missus laser for her 21sr birthday present. Her eyes were sore for about a week but now she has perfect vision. Don't expect the bill to be below 2k though. I was dooped by tv adverts offering from 495 and eye lol. Bizarrely I had specs when I was younger for long distance but now my eyes are perfect. I suffered headaches reading blackboards at school. Usually white on black gets my eyes for some reason lol
-
I will be there along with 22lbs of nitrous and a 100hp on tap harharharhar
-
You are correct in sense but when outside temps drop below freezing you will almost always get condensation no matter as the inside air moisture content will condense on the cold surface regardless of whether it is heated or not. As soon as the outdoor ambient temps drop the inside air will most likely reach it's dew point and form condensation. I have this problem in my garage. Insulate the steel and make sure you have sufficient ventilation gaps.
-
Thats where the fuel rail is.... Are you sure the part you ordered was new or working correctly itself. Possible that the damper you bought had already had the issue?
-
Fookin 'ell!!! +1,000,000,0000,000,000!!!
-
Sounds like a noisy fuel rail. Mines does it too. Dont think it can cause too many issues. It may just be a characteristic of the engine. I'm not too sure
-
Graham looks considerably younger than 57 imo lol, alot younger than my dad and hes of the same age
-
+1, your bank balance has nothing to do with them. Send a utility bill to prove proof of address. Theyre wanting to confirm youre at the address your license states I called customer services tonight and they said they couldn't access or change any info on my policy as it has been locked on the system by the Underwriters. Kinda bricking myself....can't see them being bastards over a date I got wrong. If I was going out my way to hide information I wouldn't have told them about it! The number on the letter closes at 6pm, so I got the number off the website and called them and they confirmed the 'audit'. So it is definitely from Admiral. It wasn't the date of the accident I got wrong it was the date of my conviction on my driving license. Whilst I see no harm in confirming dates with them etc etc, I would point blank refuse to send them any bank statements.
-
i doubt they will screw you for that to be honest. You still declared it. People make mistakes
-
did you call the number on the letter that came in? double check it against the online number... ive been with them for 5 years and never had anything like this. I doubt they will say anything about the crash date as technically you still declared. I still have my suspicions about this and i would check thoroughly on the phone and paperwork and make sure its legit I called customer services tonight and they said they couldn't access or change any info on my policy as it has been locked on the system by the Underwriters. Kinda bricking myself....can't see them being bastards over a date I got wrong. If I was going out my way to hide information I wouldn't have told them about it!
-
never heard of it, call them up and make sure it isnt a hoax.. why would they want a bank statement?
-
You doing quite a few track days now then Neil? You seem to be focusing on them big time now Waiting on car coming back. Been away since August getting worked in. Next year the car will be on a trailer and the only place it will go is the track. (with the exception of a few summer runs) the bills are huge so far for it but it's slowly becoming what I want it to be. Last thing needing done is a cage, carbon boot, adjustable wing and Perspex window. Then hopefully if money prevails I'll be putting a new engine in for 2013. It's a long term project as I'm not a millionaire and can only spend when I can afford to. Can't wait for it to come back, will be a totally different car. Still doing lessons as I'm still learning. It's the only place where you get to see just how good the zed is as a car.
-
A set of Rays for track use will not be expensive. They are the ideal wheel for your proposed use, strong, light, correct fitment, correct offset, minimum unsprung weight etc.etc.etc. With respect, if you think that a set of "scabby" Rays for track use are expensive then perhaps track time is not for you mate as other items will rape your wallet Alex +1 everything becomes expensive when tracking and from experience never mix tyres in track as in the wet the car will handle like crap. Driving with a set of wheels in the car is silly. You can't see out the rear window and can't see your passenger side mirror.
-
Even fifth gear rated the lada riva as best 4x4 a couple of weeks ago. Its the mistakes in manufacturing process which makes a car bad these days. Most are pretty well designed. People expect Ferraris to brake down though. If you buy a rolls Royce phantom or the like you wouldn't expect it to come with many issues. It's more the expectation from the manufacturer which you rely on and not soley to do with costs.
-
It gets better!!! It was a joke of a car. Ended up "written off" Although all this happened I would still love one. The new shape is awesome!
-
Battery went flat in the 760 supposedly and ended up coming out of the dealer with a new engine
-
I found out this weekend that the idrive (assuming thats the media controller wheel thingy whatsit) actually runs on a ring network, with fibre-optic connectors. Apparently if anything in the chain gets damaged (headunit, navunit, bluetooth, CD changer, idrive wheel itself, etc, etc) it can cause the whole network to fail. Some right feck-tard must have decided on that topography when all other manufacturers are using a typical bus layout. A friend who told me this has learnt a lot over the past few weeks as a car he has interest in has this problem. It took a specialist about a day to find the reason the idrive wheel wasnt working right was because of a faulty bluetooth unit Spot on mate!!
-
Nope we have one of the biggest BMW dealers in our area and there's an abundance of z4's and z4 m coupes. Really not a fan of the Beemer. Looks like a car for a rich mans missus to be honest. Would save a bit more and buy a 911 instead. New BMW's are renowned for being very unreliable. My missus dad had endless issues with his 760li and ended up having a new engine put in due to them being unable to repair it successfully. The i-drive system failed on countless occasions also. Really? BMWs strike me as one of the most reliable brands out there. Sure you can always find examples of issues, but given how many they sell its not surprising. I'd be more concerned about porsche reliability (especially as I'm looking to buy one). I've owned many BMWs and frequented many BMW forums and get the impression the reliability is superb. Though I get pretty much the same impression of the zed. Every Beemer our family owned has been a nightmare and so has the customer service. The 911 c4s was fantastic and had zero issues. But when spending almost 100k on a New 7 series for it to be in the garage more than it is out then I'm pretty sure that says it all. Dont get me wrong I nearly bought a 335 m sport conv just before I bought my zed. I love the look of BMW's and my mate just picked up a cracking 5 series business edition. I love the look of these cars and the interior but I'm afraid I think, IMO, that A z4 ,no matter the spec, is just too feminine to look at...
-
Either your Zed is broken or you drive like a muppet Fixed the ordering of the posts for ya Na mines only comes out to play. Lowest I've seen is 7ish on a tank. Done in a tank in less than 100miles Yeah just pulling ya leg I got a combined 16MPG when I did my Car Limits day which involved about 1.5hrs motorway driving each way there and back as well as the airfield action You don't even want to know what Alex is getting haha I don't bother about fuel consumption at all lol. I just fill up and drive and then fill up more when it runs out. Just hope the bank account funds top up quicker than the car runs it out
-
Either your Zed is broken or you drive like a muppet Fixed the ordering of the posts for ya Na mines only comes out to play. Lowest I've seen is 7ish on a tank. Done in a tank in less than 100miles